Glitch New launcher

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\TLOPO
Or right click the Desktop icon / Launcher and select "Open file location"

Either uninstall from there if your antivirus deletes the uninstall program. disable antivirus for 10 mins / 1 hour or until you re-enable it and then.

click the top folder / item in the TLOPO folder hold SHIFT. scroll down / up depending on which item/folder you click on to HIGHLIGHT everything, Delete it all, then got o the Recycle bin and empty the recycle bin to completely remove it all from your computer / laptop.

Then go back to
https://tlopo.com

or
https://tlopo.com/play/

And re-download and install. with your anti-virus disabled. Do not worry its not a virus.
after it's re-installed open the launcher which will be on your desktop or in the folder you saved the game to.

Log-in, and it should auto -update.

The game will then play as normal i had the same problem your having about 30 mins ago and i did all this and it's working fine right now.

If you need help i can possible help you through Team viewer if you know of this program if you do not know of team viewer or have never used it then never mind.

Other than that just follow these steps good luck let me know how it goes.

This actually works interestingly enough!

Same thing is happening to me, when i try to log in it loads 24% of the way then the game just closes and brings me back to the launcher. I've tried uninstalling and re-downloading, but nothing is working...

Are you able to upload the crash log from the Logs folder located inside the TLOPO folder, you may be missing some files. or have you already fixed your issue?

I completely uninstalled it and now it says that the computer cant open it
Read my post #124. You may have to manually delete your entire tlopo folder even if the uninstaller ran.
The installer did not remove the folder or it's contents twice in a row and running the fresh installer didn't solve the problem. Only when I manually deleted the tlopo folder and contents and removed all icons and links on my computer and AFTER I cleaned all temp folders out as well and THEN ran the fresh installer, which downloaded 14 parts totaling almost 500 megs has allowed me to play. And right this moment I tried logging in and everything is working as normal from before.

I did the following sequence REPEATEDLY to see if I could re-create all the failures described here in at least half a dozen threads, never an issue:

0. Exit launcher if running.
1. Navigate to TLOPO install directory in Windows Exploder.
2. Run the uninstaller to delete the installation in place.
2.5 Temporarily kill my antivirus so it doesn't get all persnickity about the incoming TLOPO installer.
3. Navigate to the TLOPO site with the installer download, and download the installer.
4. Run the installer to re-load all the launcher du jour files to your TLOPO install directory
5. Merrily be on your way playing again.

tl;dr, you should never have to iterate through any of these steps, except maybe in the middle if your antivirus is giving you guff.

After countless times of installing and deleting, I finally got it to work
Could you please take a moment and outline as well as you can all the steps you made from the last non working try through the successful try?
Any successful method posted will help everyone work through this. We need to know what works as well as what doesn't work.

Thx.

I did the following sequence REPEATEDLY to see if I could re-create all the failures described here in at least half a dozen threads, never an issue:

0. Exit launcher if running.
1. Navigate to TLOPO install directory in Windows Exploder.
2. Run the uninstaller to delete the installation in place.
2.5 Temporarily kill my antivirus so it doesn't get all persnickity about the incoming TLOPO installer.
3. Navigate to the TLOPO site with the installer download, and download the installer.
4. Run the installer to re-load all the launcher du jour files to your TLOPO install directory
5. Merrily be on your way playing again.

tl;dr, you should never have to iterate through any of these steps, except maybe in the middle if your antivirus is giving you guff.
I know for a fact the uninstaller was not removing any files even though it stated it was done successfully. I'm windows 7 minus SP1 however.
People should double check their folders to make sure the files were indeed removed, not just assume. I assumed numerous times until I caught it.
But clearly, removing everything is working for most people.

Well, I always bring up the TLOPO install directory, in order to run the uninstaller exe. If for any reason it does NOT do its thing and delete the current installation, common sense prevails and I delete the TLOPO files manually.

The only time I've seen the uninstaller NOT do its thing was when I forgot to close out the game or launcher first. If anyone can list other SPECIFIC scenarios where an uninstall does not happen, please let us know.

Also, please list SPECIFIC scenarios where removing everything would not work for ALL people. At that point you should eventually be reverting back to the 1.2.1 launcher that's been in place for MONTHS, I am intrigued why that tried and true app would suddenly fail.

Despite successfully completing the update two nights ago, it badgered me to update a second time tonight. Now the launcher crashes on startup

NOTE

Make sure your launcher.exe and your tlopo.exe are running on the same graphics card.

I had some major problems where the game was running on an Intel gtx that I
never use (because it sucks) and the launcher was on my Nvidia. OpenGL wouldn't run because it said my
"drivers weren't up to date" even though I had updated them just the hour before.​

I am still not sure of this update thing. I have yet to encounter it, and I haven't been forced to update in the rememberable past...

NOTE

Make sure your launcher.exe and your tlopo.exe are running on the same graphics card.

I had some major problems where the game was running on an Intel gtx that I
never use (because it sucks) and the launcher was on my Nvidia. OpenGL wouldn't run because it said my
"drivers weren't up to date" even though I had updated them just the hour before.​
For those who do not know how to check, could you post some steps or link a site with the steps? Thanks in advance.

It seems like the download page over on the main site has 1.2.1 up instead of 1.3.0

Thankfully I didn't delete the 1.3.0 installer so I reinstalled that. The launcher's no longer crashing on startup, but now it's still badgering me to update even though I did already??

It seems like the download page over on the main site has 1.2.1 up instead of 1.3.0

Thankfully I didn't delete the 1.3.0 installer so I reinstalled that. The launcher's no longer crashing on startup, but now it's still badgering me to update even though I did already??
Hmm, my launcher is still 1.2.1, and has yet to update then. I have received no messages. I cannot be of much help here, though I can provide comedic support in your PM if you so choose...

The best advice I've heard was delete all tlopo-related files and reinstall the game.

Hmm, my launcher is still 1.2.1, and has yet to update then. I have received no messages. I cannot be of much help here, though I can provide comedic support in your PM if you so choose...

The best advice I've heard was delete all tlopo-related files and reinstall the game.

I did this over and over with 1.3.0 and got no results. I reverted back to 1.2.1 and it worked. No clue if it'll work on repeated uses however

The rollout of 1.3.0 has been kind of a misfire it seems. But thanks for the help, me hardy!

Apparently, you were/are running the 1.2.1 and did not get the 1.2.881 like I did which I think spawned as normal the autoupdate mechanism of tlopo. As far as I can tell, there doesn't seem to be a setting anywhere to turn off auto updating at login. So I'm not sure why.

Could you please take a moment and outline as well as you can all the steps you made from the last non working try through the successful try?
Any successful method posted will help everyone work through this. We need to know what works as well as what doesn't work.

Thx.
I'll try my best.
This took me a couple tries over the course of a couple days, but I was experimenting and I wasn't trying all the time.
These are the steps I took that made it successful, it might take a few tries, like it did for me, but it eventually worked

1. Right click the tlopo icon and click open file location
2. There should be a check mark in a small box next to the file of the launcher, if not, it should say something like launcher.exe
3. Right click it and delete it, you can also delete the icon too, not sure if it makes a difference.
4. Go to your recycle bin. If you did delete it, it should be there. Right click it and delete it permanently.
5. Go to the tlopo website and download it. Follow all of the instructions.

Those are the steps which I took. Again, it might take a couple tries, but this is what worked for me. I don't 100% guarantee that it'll work, but it doesn't hurt to give it a shot

the two only 'abnormal' things I can find on this are

:12-21-2017 22:02:03 : p rc(warning): changing type for ConfigVariable model-cache-dir from filename to string.

:12-21-2017 22:02:04 :display:windisplay(warning): Could not find icon filename resources/phase_4/etc/Pirates_Adds.ico

if anyone cane help me that'd be super!

Attachments

• tlopo-171221_220203.log
    3.7 KB · Views: 125
Back