Glitch New launcher

I updated the launcher yesterday by uninstalling and deleting everything, and then reinstalling the game. However, today it's telling me it needs to be updated again, and despite repeating the steps I just listed, nothing changes. The launcher still gives a message that it needs to be updated, regardless of the fact I did a fresh install.

Idk I went out with my family and when i came back home, I was able to log in my other account ( I had left one account log in). Before I wasnt able to dbl log, keep getting that launcher needs to update. Just log in, I can still dbl log without any msgs. c: My launcher is 1.2.1

I ran the update yesterday and it had the new picture on the launcher and I played all day with no problems. This morning I tried to go on and got the message that the launcher has an update so... I got the download and am in the message loop now. Funny thing is I was on my other laptop earlier this morning and had no problem logging on to the game with the old launcher. It did not tell me that I needed an update for the launcher. So I'm sure the team is working hard to remedy this problem. Good luck to all.

Well I just tried the solution I saw here and in windows 10 I turned off firewall and the anti-virus I have and it has installed fully. I'll turn the offs back on and see what happens

Last edited:
did you get a message from your anti-virus that says the file is dangerous? Norton usually lets us bypass these but this time it didn't and it just removed the file. that makes me nervous

Its because it doesn't have a reputation.. its fine. I had to reinstall again today as they are still sorting it out. I uninstall completely, remove leftover program folder, disable antivirus and reinstall. The first time I did it.. even then it crashed twice while downloading the updates but just keep persisting and you should get in :)

Normally, tlopo as well as most games update cleanly and manage the server and client disposable files automatically in Windows but sometimes things don't always go the perfect way. Peoples systems are all different, paths to the files may not be what the program expects, etc. There are universal things to do that have nothing to do with tlopo itself, but people seem to be lumping them together.
Firewalls need to be educated or turned off during download and install. Running virus programs need to be turned off. You should never have to un-install any program you have on your system not related to tlopo. It is never necessary to remove a virus program entirely from your system, only go to the services control program and disable these programs. Disabling virus and firewalls is universal for most if not all installation routines.

2nd, if the game didn't update on it's own correctly, then one thing to try is to delete your cache files and log files, reboot and try again.
If that fails too, then you may need to uninstall the game as per instructions, but copy your screenshot folder to the desktop first just in case.
Reboot and run whatever install the game is now asking to install. Once installed, close everything down and reboot AGAIN.

If you are not being successful with the log in after the fresh install, then shut down tlopo only and wait for more input from the tlopo dev and staff.
REMEMBER, don't mess with your system settings, any other 3rd party programs or anything else on YOUR computer because EVERYTHING WAS WORKING BEFORE A RECENT UPGRADE BY TLOPO - YOU made no changes to your computer, so why would you think you need to change your computer now? A client should never have to alter their system services and programs for some other 3rd party program.
Only make temporary cosmetic and graphic adjustments for games.

I have Windows 10, but my launcher seemed to stay at v1.2.1, I keep it open at all times, and I haven't received a forced launcher update. It's been like that for ages for me, so is this incident only effecting certain people?
Image is the launcher I have currently. I did not need to uninstall/reinstall anything since after the closed-beta>whatever-beta changeover.

Attachments

• Screenshot (92).png
    Screenshot (92).png
    1.8 MB · Views: 98
Its because it doesn't have a reputation.. its fine. I had to reinstall again today as they are still sorting it out. I uninstall completely, remove leftover program folder, disable antivirus and reinstall. The first time I did it.. even then it crashed twice while downloading the updates but just keep persisting and you should get in :)
it says the file is 17 days old or something like that

Just did an uninstall and reinstall, am now happily back to launching/running as normal (back to the 1.2.1 launcher of course).

One caveat: I did wind up having to temporarily disable my antivirus; it kept barking it didn't like the downloaded installer. And no, the installer does NOT have any viruses in it; as mentioned previously it's just a "trust issue" with the antivirus software.

As I have been having issues downloading updates (I haven't played for like 2 months lol) my launcher crashes every time I get to a certain percentage of the download and I have to reload the launcher and update again, which only leads to more crashing before its done.

I then learned that the launcher was updated, so I have uninstalled and reinstalled TLOPO 3 times now and every time the launcher still says V1.2.1 and the update crashes continue.

Can someone help me please? I wanna play again but I can't get in because the launcher crashes every time I try to install the updates.

I was trying to log onto my game today, and my launcher won't work. It was working just fine the other day. Yesterday I had gotten the pop-up about the update, so I updated by reinstalling. Now whenever I try to open the launcher it instantly freezes and I get another pop-up saying it has unexpectedly quit. I have deleted the entire game and reinstalled near 20 times now. If anyone has any solutions to this problem please let me know.

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\TLOPO
Or right click the Desktop icon / Launcher and select "Open file location"

Either uninstall from there if your antivirus deletes the uninstall program. disable antivirus for 10 mins / 1 hour or until you re-enable it and then.

click the top folder / item in the TLOPO folder hold SHIFT. scroll down / up depending on which item/folder you click on to HIGHLIGHT everything, Delete it all, then got o the Recycle bin and empty the recycle bin to completely remove it all from your computer / laptop.

Then go back to
https://tlopo.com

or
https://tlopo.com/play/

And re-download and install. with your anti-virus disabled. Do not worry its not a virus.
after it's re-installed open the launcher which will be on your desktop or in the folder you saved the game to.

Log-in, and it should auto -update.

The game will then play as normal i had the same problem your having about 30 mins ago and i did all this and it's working fine right now.

If you need help i can possible help you through Team viewer if you know of this program if you do not know of team viewer or have never used it then never mind.

Other than that just follow these steps good luck let me know how it goes.

Check your Anti-virus, the new update flagged up for my antivirus and it auto deleted the update as soon as it tried to download it.

I disabled my antivirus for 10 mins / 1 hour then re-installed the game and all is working fine maybe this will work for you?

if you have already tried that do a complete re-install by deleting everything and re-installing everyhting with anti virus disabled.

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\TLOPO
Or right click the Desktop icon / Launcher and select "Open file location"

Either uninstall from there if your antivirus deletes the uninstall program. disable antivirus for 10 mins / 1 hour or until you re-enable it and then.

click the top folder / item in the TLOPO folder hold SHIFT. scroll down / up depending on which item/folder you click on to HIGHLIGHT everything, Delete it all, then got o the Recycle bin and empty the recycle bin to completely remove it all from your computer / laptop.

Then go back to
https://tlopo.com

or
https://tlopo.com/play/

And re-download and install. with your anti-virus disabled. Do not worry its not a virus.
after it's re-installed open the launcher which will be on your desktop or in the folder you saved the game to.

Log-in, and it should auto -update.

The game will then play as normal i had the same problem your having about 30 mins ago and i did all this and it's working fine right now.

If you need help i can possible help you through Team viewer if you know of this program if you do not know of team viewer or have never used it then never mind.

Other than that just follow these steps good luck let me know how it goes.

try making sure your display is set on open gl and not on direct x 9, i had to do that to play, just an option, hope it helps you

Back