Glitch New launcher

they reverted the new launcher and went back to the old launcher, because of crashing on some computers. You need to go back to the old launcher. as Captain Star just said above, 1.2.1 is the one you want. Uninstall 1.3.0 and reinstall from the link on the site, it will give you 1.2.1

So they fixed the launcher at around 3 30 then they break the launcher.
Sometimes that's just how the cookie crumbles. Software can be unpredictable as we cannot effectively simulate the conditions in a production environment - we only know what we see in our testing environment.

As Beta testers, we accept that playability/accessibility may not always be top-notch or at 100% at any given time. It's important to keep an open mind and have faith in the team.

It was a pretty big priority to get this issue squared away one way or another, even if it meant reverting an update. Your continued patience and support is certainly appreciated!

Sometimes that's just how the cookie crumbles. Software can be unpredictable as we cannot effectively simulate the conditions in a production environment - we only know what we see in our testing environment.

As Beta testers, we accept that playability/accessibility may not always be top-notch or at 100% at any given time. It's important to keep an open mind and have faith in the team.

It was a pretty big priority to get this issue squared away one way or another, even if it meant reverting an update. Your continued patience and support is certainly appreciated!

So John, do we wait for a revision/update, or is there something else we should do. I've tried all of the above steps and now getting the Windows error message.

So do we wait or what?

Running Windows 10.

No point in beating a dead horse or bashing staff. The game is entirely free to play, and for that, I am eternally grateful. For those complaining, realize that Mac users went without the game for about a month or so, and didn't act nearly as childish as a handful of people I'm seeing. It hasn't even been a full day. Give it time, and I'm sure it'll be fixed. Things happen, code breaks somewhere, it's technology- it's not perfect.

It is worth noting, if you use Avast or any anti-virus that picks up on the 1.30 launcher as a virus, temporarily turn it off to download the game. Many anti viruses detect the launcher as potential malware because it lacks a reputation base.

A solution I found is to simply redownload until it works. This isn't ideal, but I did a clean uninstall of the game (using the native uninstall tool) and reinstalled using the 1.21 launcher. Previously, it would inform me I had an update available and shut down, and open a webpage to the game launcher download.

However, as of 23:04 CST, I was able to update the game successfully and launch.

Hope y'all's problems find solutions. Patience is key here.

Assuming you mean launcher, then yes. The game is currently rolled back to that launcher if you redownload. Should be fine.
Yes launcher, but I have 1.2.1 and 1.2.881. 2 different downloads.
And 1.3.0 downloaded and installed correctly seemingly but won't allow password log in.

Running Windows 10.

No point in beating a dead horse or bashing staff. The game is entirely free to play, and for that, I am eternally grateful. For those complaining, realize that Mac users went without the game for about a month or so, and didn't act nearly as childish as a handful of people I'm seeing. It hasn't even been a full day. Give it time, and I'm sure it'll be fixed. Things happen, code breaks somewhere, it's technology- it's not perfect.

It is worth noting, if you use Avast or any anti-virus that picks up on the 1.30 launcher as a virus, temporarily turn it off to download the game. Many anti viruses detect the launcher as potential malware because it lacks a reputation base.

A solution I found is to simply redownload until it works. This isn't ideal, but I did a clean uninstall of the game (using the native uninstall tool) and reinstalled using the 1.21 launcher. Previously, it would inform me I had an update available and shut down, and open a webpage to the game launcher download.

However, as of 23:04 CST, I was able to update the game successfully and launch.

Perfectly said.

I fixed it.

It looks like a files permissions issue with the new launcher install. It is not replacing all the necessary files that need to be updated. I fixed this issue be uninstalling the TLOPO program, then running the new launcher install again.

I was able to launch the TLOPO program again. It downloaded some additional updates and launched successfully.

All is back to normal.

Running Windows 10.

Only high sierra had the issue not other versions of mac.

I am having the same issue. Even after I install/updated the new launcher, it tells me again it has an update even when I have the updated version.

I still have not updated the launcher lol afraid I will still have the same issues, but i am able to log on now. Before it would give me that launcher needs updating msg.

Back