New Quest is Terrible and waste of time.

Cute Bunny

Swashbuckler
This new Quest is absolutely terrible: It adds absolutely nothing to the game that we didn't already have, no new weapons for higher level players, and a decent portion of us won't be able to do it due to the Fortune Quest glitch. In fact, I would say most pirates don't like to do "Quests" at all; and if we didn't have to do them to unlock the weapons/teleportation or maybe some clothes, we wouldn't do them at all.

Why don't you reach out to the fan base next time and ask us what we would want?
I sure know a ship of the line would be all around fun. Since this game is nearly unplayable in its current form (cant loot with out crashing, can't complete quests due to no light [who wants to spend 5 hours trying to find an EITC Sentinel?] and no more content for a level 50 such as my self) I can't imagine wanting to play this game until it improves a lot. And for every one of those who are happy for what the game currently is, I can find ten pirates who aren't. So please hold your breath before raining down blows upon me.

This new Quest is absolutely terrible: It adds absolutely nothing to the game that we didn't already have, no new weapons for higher level players, and a decent portion of us won't be able to do it due to the Fortune Quest glitch. In fact, I would say most pirates don't like to do "Quests" at all; and if we didn't have to do them to unlock the weapons/teleportation or maybe some clothes, we wouldn't do them at all.

Why don't you reach out to the fan base next time and ask us what we would want?
I sure know a ship of the line would be all around fun. Since this game is nearly unplayable in its current form (cant loot with out crashing, can't complete quests due to no light [who wants to spend 5 hours trying to find an EITC Sentinel?] and no more content for a level 50 such as my self) I can't imagine wanting to play this game until it improves a lot. And for every one of those who are happy for what the game currently is, I can find ten pirates who aren't. So please hold your breath before raining down blows upon me.
You don't need to hate so much they just added fun event content.

no new weapons for higher level players
There are weapons sold inside the gypsy cart located in the Hollowed Woods. There are also new tattoos and clothing sold at the other shops.
due to the Fortune Quest glitch
This isn't a bug, this just means your journal is too full. Make sure to do a ton of the quests already in your journal (you may need to significantly reduce it, I'm not sure on the exact number but you may need to reduce it to around 6 or 7ish).

"There are weapons sold inside the gypsy cart located in the Hollowed Woods. There are also new tattoos and clothing sold at the other shops located inside the Hollowed Woods"

And what weapons are for higher level players? I didn't see any legendary or famed being sold.

"due to the Fortune Quest glitch"

This IS a glitch. You have the testimonial of about half a dozen players here on the forums telling you that it's not working even after reducing it to less than 6 or 7 quests...

"There are weapons sold inside the gypsy cart located in the Hollowed Woods. There are also new tattoos and clothing sold at the other shops located inside the Hollowed Woods"

And what weapons are for higher level players? I didn't see any legendary or famed being sold.

"due to the Fortune Quest glitch"

This IS a glitch. You have the testimonial of about half a dozen players here on the forums telling you that it's not working even after completing several quests...
Famed staffs. As for the quest... I promise you just have to do more, I went through this process when I was trying to do the Father's Day quest.
https://piratesforums.co/threads/hollowed-woods-famed-staves.22954/

Aye, welcome to TLOPO. This is the type of thread that gets locked because it incites a flame war. By all means share your criticisms with the community, but do so in a civilized, polite way!

In fact, I would say most pirates don't like to do "Quests" at all

I have to disagree. If this were true, I think the game would have a much smaller player base, considering that they are the main aspect of the game and games like it.

As others have said, there are famed staves, and items sold on the second floor of the Decrepit Shop. I've never seen or heard of legendaries obtained any way besides looting or special competitions, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

From a cursory glance at your post history it seems like you have a bad relationship with this game overall. I would recommend Assassin's Creed IV or the latest Uncharted game if you like the environment, gameplay, and aesthetics. Toontown is also good if you like a different flavor to your leveling/questing.

Thanks for letting me know so I can quit instead of waiting forever for you guys to try and fix it.

I hope we can change your mind before it's too late. We're all looking forward to new item additions but you must remember that development is split into different departments. The main focus seems to be getting the game out of Beta.

Good read:
from http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfFun

Games must be fun to play. Sure, we like pretty graphics and a good plot, but the fun's the main thing. If they're fun, a lot of incongruities can be forgiven. Go ahead, try to explain why the yellow circle loves dots and why the ghosts are out to get him, or why the frog needs to get across the road. You can explain why but it doesn't matter. The purpose of the game was to have fun in the first place.
This was most evident of the very early days of video games, when technological constraints put a limit on the amount of depth or detail a game could have. Back then, designers made sure a game was fun first, then devised a reason later. Besides, all games are basically just a bunch of colliding rectangles anyway — why get too worked up about what the designers decided to cover up the rectangles with? Of course, this also applies to non-video games. It's possible to create a Tabletop RPG that emulates a medieval swordfight down to the smallest detail — but not many people would find that fun ('real' swordfights were typically very brutal and incredibly brief, which is the antithesis of 'fun' in an RPG); thus, we have Hit Points. A nonsensical premise, a bizarre story, weird gameplay mechanics — all of these things have no choice but to bow their head if the game is fun. This is the Rule of Fun. See also the MST3K Mantra, the Rule of Cool, and the Rule of Funny (which, by the way, is a quite different trope). The Rule of Fun extends to game design, as well as game play: while being a blacksmith, or a tailor, or an engineer, may be fun, the details of the professions (such as the technical aspects of smithing, or the time investment required for tailoring) are decidedly not — therefore, the professions are usually loaded down with lots of neat 'fun' stuff, while conveniently skipping over the fact that there is significant effort involved in the actual production process. Tedium and boredom have always been the traditional 'enemies' of entertainment. A well-designed game with quick pacing and lots of action will be fun to play; likewise, a game that is badly-scripted or hampered by a badly-executed concept is likely to be very unintuitive and will bore the player.

(1) This new Quest is absolutely terrible: It adds absolutely nothing to the game that we didn't already have, no new weapons for higher level players, and a decent portion of us won't be able to do it due to the Fortune Quest glitch. (2)In fact, I would say most pirates don't like to do "Quests" at all; and if we didn't have to do them to unlock the weapons/teleportation or maybe some clothes, we wouldn't do them at all.

(3) Why don't you reach out to the fan base next time and ask us what we would want?
I sure know a ship of the line would be all around fun. (4)Since this game is nearly unplayable in its current form (cant loot with out crashing, can't complete quests due to no light [who wants to spend 5 hours trying to find an EITC Sentinel?] and no more content for a level 50 such as my self) I can't imagine wanting to play this game until it improves a lot. (5)And for every one of those who are happy for what the game currently is, I can find ten pirates who aren't. So please hold your breath before raining down blows upon me.

As a member of the fan base (albeit a new one) that you are trying to represent I'd like to reply to this....
(1) I love the new content, it adds an extra element of fun to the game that is seasonal and only for a limited time so it won't get 'old' as quickly.
(2) I like quests....curiously enough, that's one of the reasons that I choose to play games that have quests!
(3) You are correct in your assumption that no one asked me if I wanted this (ooO well done you! everyone has to be right occasionally).....if they had asked me before implementing it and told me exactly what it was, I would have said 'Hell Yes, I want it!'
(4)
Not everyone has these issues with the game all the time, I certainly don't. And as a reasonable, intelligent person when there are issues in this BETA TESTING phase of the game I try to be constructive with my feedback to help the devs improve things.
(5) That seems highly unlikely :p

:2 cents:

Edit: If you only want to play a polished, fully functional game why would you even sign up as a Beta Tester? By it's very definition it is clear up front that the game is incomplete, has bugs and glitches. I'm not sure how you choosing to play an incomplete game is any ones fault but your own. Maybe you should wait until full release :)

Last edited:
Jesus Christ, such an angry person. Fortunately it's rare too see people like you. You think you can speak for most of the players here? you think everything should be in working order in BETA!? There is a team of volunteers who don't get a single penny for what they do just so a lot of people can play their childhood game. Who cares if the light is broken? do some searching yourself. You are not entitled to anything. Just be happy that you can at least play the game.

Last edited:
i love this game hold a lot memories with a lot of friends. till today i am not be able to even get the quest i am little sad but not upset ..real life event take over most of the day..i hope when i return this eve i can be able to get the quest .i dont have any quest .my quest journal is empty..
and thnk you again for making this game possible again ...have fun and be happy

As part of the fan base, I believe the devs have reached a milestone in their learning curve. I believe even better things are ahead for tlopo. If the op was a true fan, they would have read the history of our tlopo devs... players who didn't even know how to code, attempting things they'd never done before...to bring back their beloved game...which...they could have just done on a private server for their group to play...never sharing it with the rest of us. Elitist brats will always troll games for instant gratification. "I want it my way and I want it now" is their mantra. @ cute bunny ..... pretty sure we got your number and well.... ain't gonna happen. Maybe this game just isn't your style and you'd be happier in another.... I have to say though, I've met lots like that and some change their way of thinking, make healthy friendships instead of toxic ones.... and mature in a fun environment like tlopo..... and I hope you do too.

The quest isn't the only thing there is with Hollowed Woods. TLOPO has content in this for players of all levels, regardless of completing the quest.

Their bone system of currency adds an extra challenge to end-game players, because if they want to have some of the really cool items for sale in Hollowed Woods, they will need to participate in the fight against the undead and accumulate a lot of bones. They also have added a tier system for bosses so they are appealing to levels of any character. The Watcher, for example, is a level 45 boss. Many maxed pirates fight with the level 30 Darkhart boss for hours and hours at a time to get loot, you can do that, and have still a larger challenge with The Watcher.

I'm definitely biased having been with TLOPO - but from what I can see here, everyone else shares the same opinion as me.

The quest isn't the only thing there is with Hollowed Woods. TLOPO has content in this for players of all levels, regardless of completing the quest.

Their bone system of currency adds an extra challenge to end-game players, because if they want to have some of the really cool items for sale in Hollowed Woods, they will need to participate in the fight against the undead and accumulate a lot of bones. They also have added a tier system for bosses so they are appealing to levels of any character. The Watcher, for example, is a level 45 boss. Many maxed pirates fight with the level 30 Darkhart boss for hours and hours at a time to get loot, you can do that, and have still a larger challenge with The Watcher.

I'm definitely biased having been with TLOPO - but from what I can see here, everyone else shares the same opinion as me.
wel without my old pirate i had before i would have done beter but now i get killed off 2 easy just cant log in to get old pirate back sincwe email server has changed and would like to get it back 2 play new quest

There's really no need to be condescending whilst complaining. Sure, you may say that the quest is unnecessary, but is it unnecessary for you or for the game? Sometimes not everything revolves around you, kiddo.

I have a biased opinion. No doubt. I like the quest. It's a fun new addition, even though I'm barely through. You don't necessarily have to like the quest, at least appreciate the new area. I know I'm a big fan of the new currency bone system, it adds purpose to looting (my opinion, I don't want angry hardcore looters shouting at me)

The developers have work hard for this and the least you could do is appreciate the work they do. If you don't like the expansion, then don't. Keep away from it, however there is nothing you would achieve from posting this.

Have a nice day.

Gonna play a little devil's advocate here and point out that plenty of pirates do in fact hate quests in this game. I myself absolutely despise the quests in this game. I'm only 7% of the way through Black Pearl because I can't stand doing it all over again. To me doing that quest was worse than leveling potions, and I only did it for my love of sailing (need leadership hnnggh).

POTCO's quests were all horrendously unrewarding for the sheer amount of "rinse and repeat" grinding they are. Many other games have similar problems, but POTCO is up there.

However, with that said, I don't necessarily agree with the rest of OP's post. I just wanted to chime in because it's looking a little too close to unanimous with the "we love quests!" speak.

" The Watcher " seems to be the worst to get past , Not It's level but finding a Server It's Not MIA ......... off the Grid and out of reach of Ranged Weapons , I just now went to 5 servers and It's In the same position on the compass on all servers . Tough quest to complete jumping to Every server In hopes It may be there , here .... Some where ! Quests are part of the game , searching for Lost Enemy Is not ! lol

@Sky Kiwi I think the general consensus was that everyone likes the new quest lol. I hate the main quest, but I rather enjoyed the new one. There's only so much they cam do within the limitations of TLOPO's engine and/or code, and I feel they did it well. But yes, the main quest is a bland, and tasteless drag lol

Back