New Quest is Terrible and waste of time.

You clearly aren't getting the message I am trying to portray here in my post. What percentage of Pirates in TLOPO actually complete the Black Pearl Quest? What percentage of Pirates want to do Quests at all? I find the number to be shockingly low and is in fact a minority of pirates.

And Hey! What do you know! More Quests...

You clearly aren't getting the message I am trying to portray here in my post. What percentage of Pirates in TLOPO actually complete the Black Pearl Quest? What percentage of Pirates want to do Quests at all? I find the number to be shockingly low and is in fact a minority of pirates.

This is incredibly disrespectful. The devs work hard to restore the game and add to it. This is the very first 'new' content they've released thus far and its seasonal. They arent shooting to completely rewrite mechanics or add a ton of stuff in one update before they finish restoring the game. There are plenty of people who will benefit form this quest and the double xp reward. If im not mistaken they also added quite a few new items which is a good starting grounds for them to add more content down the line such as more end game content and new weapons. To even insinuate that the new content is bad just because its early new content and it doesn't cater to the hardcore late game players who loot exclusively or to the meta-gaming players who acknowledge that quests just aren't efficient enough for capping out is just ludicrous. There are plenty of people who play this game because they enjoy quests, plenty who enjoy the story and the content, many who like it just for the sense of community. This content is a great first step towards everything the devs want to accomplish and the idea of bashing them for it is just ludicrous.

Ill end with this. Ive played alot of early release and beta games, and the devs for tlopo are some of the best ive encountered. They try to be transparent and listen to the community without sacrificing their visions or goals. They admit when they make a mistake and actually work to correct it. However the way they have handled this new content update has been better than most game devs can hope for. The simple fact that we are having this conversation about the content of the update rather than everything technically wrong with the update is a strong indicator of that.

What percentage of Pirates want to do Quests at all? I find the number to be shockingly low and is in fact a minority of pirates.
This is actually wrong. A ton of pirates love questing. Everything in the game is very niche based with their own favorite features. I don't know the statistic off hand, but a lot of players do complete the Black Pearl quest.

Some players only loot, and therefore focus on looting things. Some players only quest, and therefore only focus on quest things. Some players only sail, and therefore only do sailing things.

There's no single feature that all players love. But this update is very broad. You do not need to complete the quest for any access to anything in Hollowed Woods. Nothing at all forces any players to do it. It's a general rule of thumb that all players will at some point defeat enemies. Thus, the bones can be obtained from all undead enemies. No matter what level they are or what level you are. But this is the glory with Hollowed Woods. If you don't want to participate in one aspect, great don't. Because you don't need to. Hate questing? Awesome, they gotcha covered with tons of other alternative things to do.

TLOPO also made it so tons of new brights and darks can be looted. Pleasing the looting community -- which also affects those who sail. Sailing loot is a very popular method of looting. You get mats and skull chests in well over half the time it takes with traditional land enemies.

All in all, Hollowed Woods appeals to nearly every player some way. TLOPO is also a very adaptive team, I would not be shocked if they're planning on doing more with Hollowed Woods this year. Why leave the same event running with no change running for 2 months?

If you would like something added, definitely suggest it. They have the event running long enough where they will take suggestions into considering and implement new features into the event. They also browse these forums often and see the community feedback.

I really like that they brought back the RC style questing for this. It's so much more interactive than just reading a line-by-line prompt from NPCs. It makes you feel like you're actually inside the game and really getting involved. But that's just my opinion.

I have to agree with Mike Wass on this one.
Of course there's also people like me.....I like all aspects of the game; questing, looting, sailing...whatever....I just do whichever one I'm in the mood to do on that particular day. I might spend weeks leveling weapons and then I get a bit of a jones on for sailing and switch to that for a while, or randomly decide to empty my quest log....depends completely on my mood :)

@Cute Bunny For me the most important aspect of Hollowed Woods....regardless of personal preferences or bugs etc....is that it is the first complete area, with mobs, new loot, quests ...the whole shebang... that the devs have added. I see that as a huge milestone in the development of TLoPO in general as it proves beyond doubt that The Crew is both willing and able to do it. That means there are very real possibilities for much more new content in the future and THAT is very exciting!

If you don't like quest based gaming why not put a few things in the suggestions thread for new Boss/Looting/Sailing/End game content (whatever floats your boat so to speak). The Devs do listen to our suggestions and feedback, maybe you will come up with something awesome that no one else has thought of yet :)

I see your point adding more rare loot is what would really get more fans excited. I do still love the content released though.

13 Reasons Why you need to settle down

1.) Calm down sweety, you'll go no where in life with that sort of attitude
2.) its BEEEEEEtAaaaaaaaaaaaaa (BAY • TUuH)
3.) The developers added it as a fun Halloween event
4.) The weapons are located inside the gypsy cart inside the Hollowed Woods
5.)
This isn't a bug, this just means your journal is too full. Make sure to do a ton of the quests already in your journal.
6.) You can't just say "I want SOTL" without providing an explanation of how you would like that incorporated. (and boi don't you say that the dev's should be the one to do that because you just said to ask the community on their thoughts)
7.) There is plenty new stuff for level 50's, go grind for Haunted Bones, that's what I've been doing while leveling weapons.
8.) Turn your graphics down and turn the sound down if you're having problems with crashing, sometimes that will help.

9.) The Devs DO talk to the community, they see the ideas we post here on the forums all the time.
10.) CHECK THE WIKI - If you don't know where to find something or someone, legit google " [What you are looking for] POTCO/TLOPO Wiki "
11.) If you compared the current game to what it was when I started playing last Decemberish you would have a difficult time counting how many things have been changed because there have been so many.
12.) I can count guilds full of people who are happy with the progress in the game.
13.)
2VeEUTS.jpg

Id raise the opposite point actually. If we were to raise a poll to the entirety of the TLOPO community we would see the number of people who dont do quests is the minority, and thats coming from someone who really doesnt liek doing tlopo quests at all since they just aren'
t efficient

This new Quest is absolutely terrible: It adds absolutely nothing to the game that we didn't already have, no new weapons for higher level players, and a decent portion of us won't be able to do it due to the Fortune Quest glitch. In fact, I would say most pirates don't like to do "Quests" at all; and if we didn't have to do them to unlock the weapons/teleportation or maybe some clothes, we wouldn't do them at all.

Why don't you reach out to the fan base next time and ask us what we would want?
I sure know a ship of the line would be all around fun. Since this game is nearly unplayable in its current form (cant loot with out crashing, can't complete quests due to no light [who wants to spend 5 hours trying to find an EITC Sentinel?] and no more content for a level 50 such as my self) I can't imagine wanting to play this game until it improves a lot. And for every one of those who are happy for what the game currently is, I can find ten pirates who aren't. So please hold your breath before raining down blows upon me.
1. It adds a new quest that we didn't have before, new items, and a whole new place to explore.
2. Check the gypsy wagon... There are high level weapons for high level players.
3. I'm not sure what the Fortune Quest Glitch is. Mind explaining?
4. A majority of pirates like doing quests. Most people just hated doing the Black Pearl Quest. That's likely what you're thinking of. The reason people hated the Black Pearl Quest is because it wasn't interactive like RC was. Ask around, most people really enjoyed RC.
5. Well you're probably right that people wouldn't do them if there was absolutely no reward, but that's kind of the point of a quest aye? You go on a quest to help/obtain/receive something in return... Still some people would do them just for the story and lore aspect of it.

This is actually wrong. A ton of pirates love questing. Everything in the game is very niche based with their own favorite features. I don't know the statistic off hand, but a lot of players do complete the Black Pearl quest.

Some players only loot, and therefore focus on looting things. Some players only quest, and therefore only focus on quest things. Some players only sail, and therefore only do sailing things.

There's no single feature that all players love. But this update is very broad. You do not need to complete the quest for any access to anything in Hollowed Woods. Nothing at all forces any players to do it. It's a general rule of thumb that all players will at some point defeat enemies. Thus, the bones can be obtained from all undead enemies. No matter what level they are or what level you are. But this is the glory with Hollowed Woods. If you don't want to participate in one aspect, great don't. Because you don't need to. Hate questing? Awesome, they gotcha covered with tons of other alternative things to do.

TLOPO also made it so tons of new brights and darks can be looted. Pleasing the looting community -- which also affects those who sail. Sailing loot is a very popular method of looting. You get mats and skull chests in well over half the time it takes with traditional land enemies.

All in all, Hollowed Woods appeals to nearly every player some way. TLOPO is also a very adaptive team, I would not be shocked if they're planning on doing more with Hollowed Woods this year. Why leave the same event running with no change running for 2 months?

If you would like something added, definitely suggest it. They have the event running long enough where they will take suggestions into considering and implement new features into the event. They also browse these forums often and see the community feedback.

I really like that they brought back the RC style questing for this. It's so much more interactive than just reading a line-by-line prompt from NPCs. It makes you feel like you're actually inside the game and really getting involved. But that's just my opinion.
Very well said! I agree that the line-by-line prompt is very fun!

I agree! I have always wanted something like this instead of just clicking through the lines of text. It makes the game feel so much more interactive, like you are actually making a choice based on the personality you have given your pirate. I hope this is a recurring thing in new quests/expansions!

As someone who's been playing this game for a long, long time I would wager not.

In fact, please do poll the Pirate community. If you're right, I will never ever play this game or any derivative again.

Id raise the opposite point actually. If we were to raise a poll to the entirety of the TLOPO community we would see the number of people who dont do quests is the minority, and thats coming from someone who really doesnt liek doing tlopo quests at all since they just aren'
t efficient

As someone who's been playing this game for a long, long time I would wager not.

In fact, please do poll the Pirate community. If you're right, I will never ever play this game or any derivative again. But keep in mind I mean Quests not necessary for game play. So that would rule out the weapon/map Quests.

I liked the quest. All of them . I wish there were more. After you reach Level 30 I have found that there isn't a lot to do but level weapons. I like to have something to work towards.

As for the Hollowed woods, I love the 2x rewards.

Idm quests usually but the black pearl, and weapon upgrade ones, um no ty! I just dont see any point in doing the weapon upgrades, and black pearl quest is long and for what.. just get a sailing reward, so for me not worth it (plus you have to have people help with it, and my experience with the pirate community isnt this "nice, decent people" as most claim they like lol. I love the looting aspect of this game, getting brights and weapons, and havent found another game that is like this in that aspect. I cant get the new quest because of the fortune thing, but i check out the area and i like it. I am just a little disappointed that there isnt as many new clothing items to loot for females as it seems for guys (have yet to hear of a new corsets brights like the new bright sack vests (but then again, sack vests seem to drop way easier then corsets do.. which is another topic lol). Great job to the devs that work on trying to improve the game. I hope we can see more content for females (as in loot) too. :)

I like the new quest and the Hollowed Woods themselves. The whole thing is small in scale and scope but does show, test, that such additions can be made to the game without tipping the balance of the game. A huge update like the Raven's Cove one is what I sense you really would like and I would guess is Isla Escondida. I'm sure that the things you are hoping for are being worked on but they are just not ready yet. I've got to say also that there are 3 new famed weapons that you would be interested in, there are lots of new color versions of clothes that are very nice, and at the very least The Watcher is a challenge for a solo LVL 50 player(maybe less so than Foulberto but I am not a fan of Foulberto other than for getting the Silver Freeze). I agree with you on consulting with the fan base, it seems obvious to me that the fans have great ideas. Of course, the fans do not get final say as to what to do. It is true that the quest does not offer great rewards for a LVL 50 player but I am still enjoying it. A very well done addition in my opinion.

Back