New Quest is Terrible and waste of time.

10 servers later and " The Watcher " Is still MIA out of Long Ranged Weapons other then my 30-06 maybe ! lol

I solo'd the Watcher with a Robber's Musket using steel shot yesterday,

Attachments

• screenshot_2017-11-02_21-42-41.jpg
    screenshot_2017-11-02_21-42-41.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 100
@Sky Kiwi I think the general consensus was that everyone likes the new quest lol. I hate the main quest, but I rather enjoyed the new one. There's only so much they cam do within the limitations of TLOPO's engine and/or code, and I feel they did it well. But yes, the main quest is a bland, and tasteless drag lol
The new quest was more interesting with the actual dialogue options, I'll give it that. I also only briefly looked at the start of it.

Though I want to point out my comment was aimed at quests in general. I can't point right at the new quest because I haven't done it. Again, I just noticed most people were all "no OP you're wrong quests are fun" and I just wanted everyone to know there are absolutely people out there that agree with the overall "quests suck" point, even if they're not speaking out in this thread.

I actually like the questing system thank you very much. How can seriously be crying about the sentinels. I found those the other day in less than hour. Are you really unable to look outside of port royal or 5 minutes? You need your hand held the entire time?

Just get off if you have no desire to play a BETA created by volunteers.

i found the watcher after i change couple servers but since i am level 29 he kill me couple time now i need a crew to kill him

I'm not a big mission/quest person, and I absolutely abhor questing in all the games I play... but they are necessary, and I actually like the attempt to make this quest more immersive! Just don't go adding "dark side/light side points"! Haha.

Edit: My only qualm is the potion part, but that's because I hate the music in potions lol

This new Quest is absolutely terrible: It adds absolutely nothing to the game that we didn't already have, no new weapons for higher level players, and a decent portion of us won't be able to do it due to the Fortune Quest glitch. In fact, I would say most pirates don't like to do "Quests" at all; and if we didn't have to do them to unlock the weapons/teleportation or maybe some clothes, we wouldn't do them at all.

Why don't you reach out to the fan base next time and ask us what we would want?
I sure know a ship of the line would be all around fun. Since this game is nearly unplayable in its current form (cant loot with out crashing, can't complete quests due to no light [who wants to spend 5 hours trying to find an EITC Sentinel?] and no more content for a level 50 such as my self) I can't imagine wanting to play this game until it improves a lot. And for every one of those who are happy for what the game currently is, I can find ten pirates who aren't. So please hold your breath before raining down blows upon me.
How many complaint threads have u made about this game now? I know of at least 2

I'm sure there are many people out there that don't like questing :)

I reacted the way I did to this thread because I object very strongly to the OP's general attitude (after seeing them post in several other threads in an unnecessarily aggressive way) and also the way they are implying that they are stating the opinions of the majority of the player base.
I felt that I wanted it known that I am not a part of this supposed majority :)

Edit: I wouldn't be so presumptuous as to say that my views represent any other than my own

How many complaint threads have u made about this game now? I know of at least 2
Honestly, I was thinking the same thing. If you don't like the current TESTING phase of the game, wait until it's 100% released! There are going to be glitches regardless, and the devs are doing their best... and another reminder- they have lives too, and this job does not pay. The foulness is unneeded, the devs are doing what they can!

Also, if you dont like the quest, don't do it >_>

This new Quest is absolutely terrible: It adds absolutely nothing to the game that we didn't already have, no new weapons for higher level players, and a decent portion of us won't be able to do it due to the Fortune Quest glitch. In fact, I would say most pirates don't like to do "Quests" at all; and if we didn't have to do them to unlock the weapons/teleportation or maybe some clothes, we wouldn't do them at all.

Why don't you reach out to the fan base next time and ask us what we would want?
I sure know a ship of the line would be all around fun. Since this game is nearly unplayable in its current form (cant loot with out crashing, can't complete quests due to no light [who wants to spend 5 hours trying to find an EITC Sentinel?] and no more content for a level 50 such as my self) I can't imagine wanting to play this game until it improves a lot. And for every one of those who are happy for what the game currently is, I can find ten pirates who aren't. So please hold your breath before raining down blows upon me.

This is incredibly disrespectful. The devs work hard to restore the game and add to it. This is the very first 'new' content they've released thus far and its seasonal. They arent shooting to completely rewrite mechanics or add a ton of stuff in one update before they finish restoring the game. There are plenty of people who will benefit form this quest and the double xp reward. If im not mistaken they also added quite a few new items which is a good starting grounds for them to add more content down the line such as more end game content and new weapons. To even insinuate that the new content is bad just because its early new content and it doesn't cater to the hardcore late game players who loot exclusively or to the meta-gaming players who acknowledge that quests just aren't efficient enough for capping out is just ludicrous. There are plenty of people who play this game because they enjoy quests, plenty who enjoy the story and the content, many who like it just for the sense of community. This content is a great first step towards everything the devs want to accomplish and the idea of bashing them for it is just ludicrous.

Ill end with this. Ive played alot of early release and beta games, and the devs for tlopo are some of the best ive encountered. They try to be transparent and listen to the community without sacrificing their visions or goals. They admit when they make a mistake and actually work to correct it. However the way they have handled this new content update has been better than most game devs can hope for. The simple fact that we are having this conversation about the content of the update rather than everything technically wrong with the update is a strong indicator of that.

This is incredibly disrespectful. The devs work hard to restore the game and add to it. This is the very first 'new' content they've released thus far and its seasonal. They arent shooting to completely rewrite mechanics or add a ton of stuff in one update before they finish restoring the game. There are plenty of people who will benefit form this quest and the double xp reward. If im not mistaken they also added quite a few new items which is a good starting grounds for them to add more content down the line such as more end game content and new weapons. To even insinuate that the new content is bad just because its early new content and it doesn't cater to the hardcore late game players who loot exclusively or to the meta-gaming players who acknowledge that quests just aren't efficient enough for capping out is just ludicrous. There are plenty of people who play this game because they enjoy quests, plenty who enjoy the story and the content, many who like it just for the sense of community. This content is a great first step towards everything the devs want to accomplish and the idea of bashing them for it is just ludicrous.

Ill end with this. Ive played alot of early release and beta games, and the devs for tlopo are some of the best ive encountered. They try to be transparent and listen to the community without sacrificing their visions or goals. They admit when they make a mistake and actually work to correct it. However the way they have handled this new content update has been better than most game devs can hope for. The simple fact that we are having this conversation about the content of the update rather than everything technically wrong with the update is a strong indicator of that.
I smashed the like bar a bit too hard, I broke my phone! But seriously, I agree 103%. That post is quite disrespectful, which I find is a trend among far too many. :/

The quest was kind of fun, 4 of my pirates completed it. very bummed that none of my girls got full 2x xp though. After a crash & back it was gone on each of them. I wish we could get that back!! I actually enjoy questing more than just smash leveling, just my humble opinion...

Hey ur alive Chris!! :)

Back