Blog Post OPEN BETA IS HERE!

33mbyRn.jpg

Posted by The Crew on Sept. 19, 2017, midnight
Ahoy, everyone!

The day is here! And we’re so excited! Ready the sails, take the wheel! Open Beta launches at 3PM EDT… TODAY!

We’ve said it a million times and we’ll say it again! We couldn’t have gotten here without your support. It has been a long journey since September 2015 when we launched Closed Alpha, and we’ve seen this community grow from 106 members to over 100,000! None of us could have expected the game to become the success it is! Thank you all so much.

In case you’ve been marooned on some desert island until now, "Open Beta" means that the game no longer requires a Beta Key to login, and the 3-hour time limit has been removed! Unlimited play and unlimited access for everyone, all for free, as is our promise to you!

Now, we have a few fun announcements. We have doubled the number of playable oceans in-game from 8 to 16. This is more oceans than the original game had upon closing. Also, Abassa is running on 250% more server resources than previously. Andaba is running on 175% more resources than previously, and all other districts are running on 140% more resources.

Now, without further ado, we’re pleased to announce the names of our eight new oceans! You may notice a few familiar ones! They are…

Belleza, Bequermo, Exuma, Juntos, Ladrones, Levanta, Sabada, and Temprano. They join our pre-existing oceans: Abassa, Andaba, Aventurado, Jovencito, Marineros, Nocivo, Poderoso, and Valor.

And this wouldn’t be a TLOPO milestone without some good old-fashioned redeem codes. This time, we have some all-new, never-before-seen items! These codes will expire on October 3rd. If you redeem any of these items with a full inventory, you will not receive the item and will be unable to redeem it again. Mark ye well, mates!​

ZAwEwdY.png

We’re also excited to announce the winners of our recent Talk Like a Pirate Contest! There were so many amazing entries that we just had to add a sixth winning phrase! These phrases will be in-game when we launch today! Congrats to the winners!​

kU97XRO.png

In celebration of this momentous occasion, we will also be hosting a staff member meet and greet at 8PM EDT on Andaba Isla Perdida beach. We hope to see you there!

Oh, and one final thing. A new launcher design will be releasing soon! You should see a revamped background and our new logo when it launches. We’ve even added some additional performance enhancements along the way, Savvy? Want a preview at the new design? Take a look at this post’s cover! If you like the launcher design a lot, you can download it and a ton of other designs from our wallpapers page!

That’s all the info we have for now! Thanks again for your support, everyone! It is time to begin a new chapter! And we’re so excited to have you all here with us.

Fair winds,

The Crew @ The Legend of Pirates Online

How was my post not added? "You're not making any sense at all mate."

haha good to see many other friends of mine who won and @Hector Shipwrecker's honorable mention.

Thank you all so much for your hard work. I say it time and time again but it's hard to put into words my appreciation for the entire staff and community.

I will say that for the a billionth time I thought it said more inventory space...

Please TLOPO we need more :p

Congrats to the winners, hope to see these phrases in game soon, Can't wait til the game be back up so we can all start testing this 'ere phase o' Beta!!!! Onward me hearties!!!! I raise me flask o' rum t' ye and all me mates!! Huzzah

Don't be forgetin' this 'ere be Talk like a pirate day (like that ain't ev'ry day)!!!!

Congrats to the winners, hope to see these phrases in game soon, Can't wait til the game be back up so we can all start testing this 'ere phase o' Beta!!!! Onward me hearties!!!! I raise me flask o' rum t' ye and all me mates!! Huzzah

Don't be forgetin' this 'ere be Talk like a pirate day (like that ain't ev'ry day)!!!!
It be $4 years to tee day the's played a mean trick onus all... Arr Garr... Yarr!

It's does make yee wonder if the "Boy's" in Disney just wanted to see what would happen? Well here it is :cat2: BETA
:pirate ship:

Last edited:
Back