Blog Post OPEN BETA

There are major milestones in a project like this and I know this one is BIG! HUGE Congratulations and a BIG thank you to the developers and team who have made this possible! You have every reason to be proud and I am so proud of each of you! REALLY looking forward to the future and seeing where everything goes... We appreciate you, your hard work and professionalism! And of course, for generously allowing us to come along for the ride and enjoy the fruits of your hard work. :) So cheers my friends! *raises a mug* To you! And the future of TLOPO! :) Two armored thumbs up!

I highly wonder what the reward will be for players with beta keys.

I feel like this should be added here too so here you go;

Open Beta FAQs
Q: What will happen to my Beta Key?

A: You won't be needing it anymore! Previously, Beta Keys allowed players to bypass the queue and session time limits. With Open Beta, all players will have unlimited playtime! Players who had Beta Keys will receive a reward that will be announced later. Don't worry! If you don't have a key, there will be a period of time to redeem any unused Beta Keys we may have laying around.

Q: What will happen to the 3-hour time limit?

A: It'll be gone! Players who previously did not have Beta Keys will no longer be logged out after 3 hours. They will be able to play as long as they want without any interruptions!

Q: What will happen to the Queue?

A: The Queue will still be present, but rarely used. To ensure that the servers are not overloaded, players may have to wait in the Queue if there is high traffic in-game. This is the industry standard. Many games, especially when opening up to a large audience, will use queues to ensure everything runs smoothly. If the Queue ever pops up, Beta Key holders will no longer be able to skip it. Everyone will be on an equal playing field.

Q: Will my pirates be wiped? Will we have to start over?

A: Nope! All pirates will remain intact. When Open Beta launches, you should see no effect on your pirate's progress.

Q: Does this mean that the game is complete?

A: No, but we're getting there! There are still lots of bugs that need fixing and a few more features that need to be added back to the game. But we're ready to take the next step and open our doors to everyone.

Q: How are the servers going to handle it?

A: We are going to be updating our servers to a brand new design to better serve our growing population. We designed this new infrastructure with a massive population in mind and expect it to be a solid design suitable for the next upcoming years. One major change is the introduction of 8 new oceans.

The road to Open Beta has come to an end, September 2015 - September 2017. You will be sadly missed.

Coming from someone who has been playing TLOPO since Semi-Open Alpha back in June 2016, I am extremely overwhelmed by the progress that the developers have made over the past 2 or so years.

Also, I would like to congratulate those who were not able to receive an Alpha/Beta key in the past year. The wait is over! No more playtimes and no more queue! I applaud you all for sticking with the game even though you could only play for 3 hours a day most of the time.

Last but not least, the forums family! You guys have kept the community together since the closing of the game back in September 2013. Its been almost 4 years since everyone has been able to freely play the game!

Was I rushing? Lol before this announcement, I projected we'd be in open beta by summer of 2018. It seems the devs are more capable than we think lad. Anyways, 1-2 months for each feature if that's what they solely focus on. Rejoice mate!
I didn't mean to imply you were, that last part was meant for everyone in general - more to reinforce the first part of the statement (as in yeah, it might take longer than that, and we should be okay with it). Sorry.

There is one more thing that needs to be implemented that many people forgot to list Team Pvp
There's way more than one thing people are forgetting to list.

Cannon Defence is a prime example.

Though my priorities are the bugs in existing content vs the content that doesn't exist right now. I would rather have working sea items before Cannon Defence. Much like I would prefer working SvS before they try to implement team PvP.

Before I get too carried away with my own priorities here, my point is there's a lot of things that still need doing, and many of them haven't been listed yet. But the dev team knows already, and I'm sure they have a better list than any of us do :p

<3...they say an picture paints a thousand words, so I'll just leave these here

JyELzO4.jpg

dhbhyRx.jpg

Kmob0i0.jpg

I highly wonder what the reward will be for players with beta keys.

Open Beta FAQs
Q: What will happen to my Beta Key?

A: You won't be needing it anymore! Previously, Beta Keys allowed players to bypass the queue and session time limits. With Open Beta, all players will have unlimited playtime! Players who had Beta Keys will receive a reward that will be announced later. Don't worry! If you don't have a key, there will be a period of time to redeem any unused Beta Keys we may have laying around.

I'm still against rewards for beta key players because getting a beta key is luck based and rarely skill based, but there's nothing I can do.

I just hope open beta brings in a lot of new players. This game would benefit from a larger playerbase and community!

Can finally retire my Beta Key; let sit on my shelf, gather dust and salt from the sea.

Although I'm away for University, I look forward to seeing the lands and waters full of the salty smiles of its pirates, and hearing the sound of cheers of a good haul over a drink at our Faithful home.

Back