Petition to Disney's MMOs

Irene

Digital Artist
So I just received this link from a friend :

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/257/590/769/stop-the-closing-of-disney-mmorpgs/

I hope its not too late and that there isn't another petition started by someone else - no offense or anything I just believe there should be 1 Petition, not 2 or 3 or more -

I think it would be nice to give one last battle by Signing this and doing or best to spread the world
:pirate ship:

*Yes I know this is a Petition for all Disney MMOs so If people plan to make one for POTCO only then this thread may be deleted.

Yeah.. Ik it wont help at all, but its worth a try I guess. Its gonna be our last one anyway....

*I should message a mod to change the name of this thread...40 signatures in 4 hrs :) I think that could be considered a good sign.. to some extent

Last edited by a moderator:
It just came to my mind that we could also try a different approach which I think it has a pretty good chance of success.
I am suggesting to petition other gaming companies that could take over the game from Disney and move it forward. There are alot of examples out there but I give you a recent one (Feb. 2013): Pirates of the Burning Seas was droped by Sony Ent. and taken over by Portalus Games and I'm quoting here from the transfer agreement "By the end of the month, starting tomorrow, Pirates of the Burning Sea, the seafaring, pirate blasting, trade-merchanting MMORPG will no longer be under the wings of Sony Online Entertainment. While it's sad that SOE is abandoning ship, Portalus Games will be taking over and reins and moving forward at full speed ahead."

I think if we put our passion and effort to petition the gaming companies out there as we did with Disney I am sure we can win. They just need to see the passion, dedicated players and the potential for this game with the right developers. If Pirates of the Burning Seas could do it so do we. Let's save this game.

It just came to my mind that we could also try a different approach which I think it has a pretty good chance of success.
I am suggesting to petition other gaming companies that could take over the game from Disney and move it forward. There are alot of examples out there but I give you a recent one (Feb. 2013): Pirates of the Burning Seas was droped by Sony Ent. and taken over by Portalus Games and I'm quoting here from the transfer agreement "By the end of the month, starting tomorrow, Pirates of the Burning Sea, the seafaring, pirate blasting, trade-merchanting MMORPG will no longer be under the wings of Sony Online Entertainment. While it's sad that SOE is abandoning ship, Portalus Games will be taking over and reins and moving forward at full speed ahead."

I think if we put our passion and effort to petition the gaming companies out there as we did with Disney I am sure we can win. They just need to see the passion, dedicated players and the potential for this game with the right developers. If Pirates of the Burning Seas could do it so do we. Let's save this game.

I would like that, I don't have much faith in the idea though. I remember when COH was about to sunset, we had asked Disney to buy it out from NcSoft, they simply refused. COH was 100 times better than POTCO, I don't see why a company would want to buy it out, besides the movies. And to be honest, the community of active players is like 5k the most so idk... Would be awesome if someone was buying POTCO, but theres tons of work to be done...

Disney is not a good example for a gaming company because of their mentality. The example is right here with POTCO they drop the game not because the company doesn't have money but just because of their mentality which translates in the company policies. Let's put it simple: they have other venues to generate income, they are not a dedicated MMO company and they target a different group age demographic. I'm not even sure why we are even clinging on Disney, they have shown us for a while now they didn't care about the game...

I think petitioning other gaming companies besides Disney would give us much better chances. I felt like sharing this with everyone the rest is up to all of us.

I would've signed, but I've made a strict rule in my mind to never put my street address ANYWHERE on the Internet (except for paying bills and stuff like that). Nevertheless, I hope this petition succeeds and I wish luck to it.

I would've signed, but I've made a strict rule in my mind to never put my street address ANYWHERE on the Internet (except for paying bills and stuff like that). Nevertheless, I hope this petition succeeds and I wish luck to it.

put a fake address :p thats what I do

I signed the petition, but used entirely fake info. :( I just don't like giving out personal info.

thats okay, number matters anyway :) thanks123 Signatures from 53 since I posted this morning 7 hrs ago :cheer:

Last edited by a moderator:
I might plan to support this at some point but at the moment, the "news" of the game closing is a bit too new to me. Need some time to think and to ponder...:)

Also, wouldn't a major challenge be the licensing rights Disney does have on all of these intellectual properties? For instance, Disney would not easily agree to permit the POTC "brand name" being used without their sole permission.

That is just a guess though, idk...

I faked my name and address ;)

I don't think POTCO or pixe hollow will be returning but because toontown was doing the best out of all three and many emails sent from all the comunities about the games closing they said they would consider TOONTOWN i have also found a petition somewhere around the toontown community that almost has 5,000 signatures so ill be sad to see potco go but if it does go i would like at least some people to stay happy

It feels good to have support from other MMO's... Most of the signatures are Pixie Hollows' but eh support is support! :pirate ship:

Back