Pirate Bullying

Samuel Redbeard is the one who I truly hate for this. He hates me because i'm an atheist. OF ALL REASONS! It has nothing to do with the game, and it's wrong. I really wish if they wanted to role-play, they would do it in a way that doesn't negatively effect the rest of us.
I agree with you mate. He called me a spineless c[censored] in game than had somebody post it on the Players Wiki. Then... He excessively swore, refused to stop when asked to, much more, and harassed users. Broke my heart to give him a ban (sarcasm).

I agree with you mate. He called me a spineless c[censored] in game than had somebody post it on the Players Wiki. Then... He excessively swore, refused to stop when asked to, much more, and harassed users. Broke my heart to give him a ban (sarcasm).
Wait, how did you give him a ban? Did you ban him on the wikia or something? And yes, it's terrible that people go to such lows. After he trolled on me because of my religion, he ignored me. I was also told he cannot technically be banned on pirates for what he does, even though I think that's false.

Like i said guys lets keep it confidential i know the folks you speak of and some may be their friends here... lets keep it broad :) lol I do agree and have seen them in action a few times... not the most respectable bunch. as i stated in my thread i will be removing their names

Wait, how did you give him a ban? Did you ban him on the wikia or something? And yes, it's terrible that people go to such lows. After he trolled on me because of my religion, he ignored me. I was also told he cannot technically be banned on pirates for what he does, even though I think that's false.
I'm a bureaucrat, system moderator (admin) and rollback on the Pirates Online Players Wiki. I have a set of special buttons on the wiki to ban him. Look me up here: http://potcoplayers.wikia.com/wiki/User:Captain_Crimson

Like i said guys lets keep it confidential i know the folks you speak of and some may be their friends here... lets keep it broad :) lol I do agree and have seen them in action a few times... not the most respectable bunch. as i stated in my thread i will be removing their names
Sorry, just giving credit to those who deserve it. :p I'll remember to from now on.

Sorry mate, we give no more names :(

Very well said. And its not nice for people to judge someone based on their guild- or on anything else for that matter. Plus, it is a place for many to escape the problems of their daily lives, which we don't know about btw, so its just the good thing to do to be nice to others. Sometimes it is hard to control your words when someone pushes your buttons; but it is the right thing to do and you would not want someone being mean to you either. :D

Aye. This game be full of those who wish to stereotype each other for guilds. I'm sure we've all seen the men in black, calling one another lords, who take role-playing to a level that involves bullying. Not specifically calling them out, however, many in this game wish to bully. I remember in 2007, this game didn't have much bullying. Abassa used to be a nice place to meet friends, or just have some fun. Now it's full of people who wish to torment others.

2007 was really fun and I hardly see any bullying but as the years progress, it increases daily.

I also agree completely about the thread. Being nice to someone brightens their day and your day, and it has a positive affect among POTCO's players.

Also as for this...
"Be NICE to one another you are not better than anyone else here this is a game, and rightfully so i bring out the Karma card."

Karma doesn't like to agree with me on anything I do. ("Karma" doesn't exist in my view if it does on your perspective, then hey, believe on what you want to believe)

Also, I left my guilds as they ignore me all the time, and when I do help them (I chat very frequently), I often/sometimes get a knockout and usually go to jail. (Which makes me sad :( ):

Which I don't understand because I usually revive 3 - 5 people that get knockouts yet none bother to revive me which is why I leave most guilds. (None in at the moment)

I get ignored in chats as well. (Sometimes, I say like "Let's go do QAR" or "Let's go after the treasure fleet!" and say "teleport to me if you want to come" NO ONE TELEPORTS NOR COMES/WHISPERS. Like 2 minutes later, another guy says the same thing I did (I teleported) and he had like 10 people teleport to him and people start chatting REAL quick.

I've seen those inferno people before but when I see them, they are quiet and doing some activity.

2007 was really fun and I hardly see any bullying but as the years progress, it increases daily.

I also agree completely about the thread. Being nice to someone brightens their day and your day, and it has a positive affect among POTCO's players.

Also as for this...
"Be NICE to one another you are not better than anyone else here this is a game, and rightfully so i bring out the Karma card."

Karma doesn't like to agree with me on anything I do. ("Karma" doesn't exist in my view if it does on your perspective, then hey, believe on what you want to believe)

Also, I left my guilds as they ignore me all the time, and when I do help them (I chat very frequently), I often/sometimes get a knockout and usually go to jail. (Which makes me sad :( ):

Which I don't understand because I usually revive 3 - 5 people that get knockouts yet none bother to revive me which is why I leave most guilds. (None in at the moment)

I get ignored in chats as well. (Sometimes, I say like "Let's go do QAR" or "Let's go after the treasure fleet!" and say "teleport to me if you want to come" NO ONE TELEPORTS NOR COMES/WHISPERS. Like 2 minutes later, another guy says the same thing I did (I teleported) and he had like 10 people teleport to him and people start chatting REAL quick.

I've seen those inferno people before but when I see them, they are quiet and doing some activity.
Maybe i'll start helping new players, and maybe the message of kindness will pass along. When I was a noob (yes, I was a noob once :p), I asked a founder for help (cuz i was a noob in late 2007 so founders were frequently seen) and he took me under his wing, and i joined his guild, and he taught me everything.

This is one of the reasons its drawn me away from pirates. As people who know me in-game know I have not been on like I usually am the past week. I'm tired of the low updates and the low quality of the game. The only reason I stayed was cause of the pirates community, but even now I see more people yelling at each other over which enemy is theirs than saying Hello to a fellow pirate.

30 Servers
Most popular and productive looting/leveling areas!

Treasure Room
Kelp Bridge
Thrall Room
Dark Hart
South Idol

Now if you put one person at each place on each server claiming that is their "spot", just how many people can play the game and loot there.

I'm sorry I am not leaving because you THINK that spot belongs to you because you were there first. Get over it. I ain't leaving, even if you say please because I am leveling. Other ppl want to level and loot too. Share the space, I always put my blunder away and am more than happy to share MY spot.

Learn to share!

*As wonderful as the new powerful weapons are it has caused somewhat of a negative effect on the game. People can hold the fort by themselves...

Also as for this...

If you are looking for a guild, let me know. My guild is unlike those we are speaking of here. Every night we do something together whether it be looting, plundering, leveling, QAR, Fleet, invasion or helping someone with a quest. We greet everyone who logs in and chat off and on, but do so more when we are all crewed together. We work together extremely well and will go out of our way to help someone we dont know when they ask by either giving directions somewhere, taking them there, helping them get something, crewing, etc. We'd be glad to have you, one or all of your priates, in the Brethren of Lore. :)

I have no problem with sharing spaces either. I usually crew anyone who shows up when my crew is together leveling, etc. What I do have a problem with is the lack of respect.

I try to make it a point when I come upon a group of people leveling to do the following:
1. Go somewhere else in the are
2. If needing something for quest, ask if I can take the enemy for the quest
3. Change servers
4. Find something else to do.

If someone is making it hard for me or a crew member to accomplish a quest, I will do one of the following:
1. Let them know the quest and ask for us to complete it
2. Change servers (however this makes finishing quest longer; Darkhart, kill 4 ghosts at once for Patron quest)

My pet peeves:
1. Someone taking my helm! Ask nicely and I might let you steer for a while.
2. Steeling an enemy just to show you can kill it faster than me or someone in crew, or to take rep. And I'm talking to do this out of spite. (Had issues on Test with someone once. . .)
3. Using bad language. Even though POTCO has the chat system set up to catch the correct spelling, people have found a way around that.
I know there is more, but cant think of them right now. Probably because I'm in a good mood and not a bad one.

What a lot of players dont realize is that POTCO has a Code that we are suppose to keep to. I reminded someone of that one day and they were like, "What Code??"
The Pirates Online Code of Conduct:

• Respect your fellow pirates - Pirates of the Caribbean Online does not tolerate any swearing, cheating, bullying or overt harassment toward other players. Disciplinary action will be taken should any one of these occur while playing.

• Never reveal any of your personal information - The best way to ensure you stay safe online is to NEVER share your real name, phone number, address, email or passwords with anyone.

• No inappropriate talk - References to drugs and ***ual, racial or otherwise inappropriate talk are not permitted and are grounds for removal from the game.

• No Cheating - Any use of third party programs is not allowed. Players who use any third party programs while playing risk being permanently banned.

Here is the link if you dont believe me: http://piratesonline.go.com/#/help/game_chat_policies.html

When I will report someone:
1. Bad language
2. Inappropriate behavior (Sent a screen shot once in a bug report to report someone for lude behavior in game. . .I'm sure you all have seen it as well. It doesnt belong in Pirates!)
3. Rudeness (Name calling, bullying, overstepping your bounds in game, threatening, etc.)

I just ask one thing: Fellow pirates, read the code, respect the code and make sure others know the code.

He hates me because i'm an atheist. OF ALL REASONS! It has nothing to do with the game, and it's wrong. I really wish if they wanted to role-play, they would do it in a way that doesn't negatively effect the rest of us.

I mean, we're not in the 1600s anymore! We don't persecute people who are a different religion, race, etc.
Why dont people understand they cant roleplay at non-roleplay events

*Good topic & thread!

What personally bothers me the most is that "pirates" forget that POTCO is played by individuals all ACROSS the world. When you can remember this fact, each of us serves indirectly as a kind of "representative" or ambassador of our very own country!

When I hear of pirates "bullying" other pirates on POTCO...as an American...it makes me feel "embarrassed" because (in my own mind) the odds remain high that the nationality of this bullying pirate remain the same as mine own.

In my opinion, there is nothing worse than someone that treats other people poorly &, at the same time, makes a mockery out of his or her own nationality. *Quite frankly, it makes me angry :cursing:

Ahoy Pirates,

It has come to my attention and i have looked into it a few times that this is quite frequent in our Carribean. More frequently of course on the more traveled servers such as Abassa and Andaba, but i believe it to also not have boundaries. I'd like you all to take it upon yourselves to just be nice to one another. THIS IS A GAME folks and for some this is all they have to escape the brutality of the real world we are already trying to escape. Now i know that some of you here have taken part in such bullying. I will not go into naming names or guilds but i know some are more known for it than others. Whether your out looting or leveling remember YOU do not have a right to that area. ok so you were there first? NICELY ask them to leave or go to another area the servers may have been deleted but there is still plenty of room to roam around without seeing anyone. Does it get tiring when folks rep steal or barge into your area that you have staked claim to... yes of course... but like i said above these folks may have had a terrible day and what did you do? Piled onto it. Think of not only yourself some times. As for the true bullying on the more packed servers i report anyone i see doing it. I'm not claiming to say that I or Spania have ever been without our faults i too have said some unkind things in this game... things i will never be able to take back and have hurt others by saying. What i'm getting at is as a community i say we set the bar start being nicer to folks. Don't wander around going hey Noob this or hey Noob that... its a truly disgusting word the way most use it. Don't forget YOU yourself were a "noob" at some point. the person you are talking down to could be a young child or a grown up either way its unnecessary.
Moral of my story is take some time to pick up other players... dont bring them down. If your having a terrible day dont make someone else suffer for it. We all come here to enjoy ourselves for the most part. A few sick individuals go out of their way to make this a terrible place but the majority are just here to play the game. Not all pirates were scoundrels folks. Some robbed and pillaged purely on necessity to survive. Be NICE to one another you are not better than anyone else here this is a game, and rightfully so i bring out the Karma card... Everything moves in Circles folks, please believe if you are one of the truly sick folks that come on just make others miserable it will come back to you.
I raise my glass to all of you that hear my words and don't choose to roll your eyes. This is a heart felt message from me to our community. Lost Respect must be Earned back and please believe i dont hand mine out daily.

*NOTE please do not call out players here if that is done i will delete the post. These folks know who they are.

well said, I agree with this 100%

Mak, this thread you made was good but I also want to remind everyone that don't try to change pirates yourself. It's not your job to be the police of the Caribbean, but a fun-loving pirate. I'm saying this because, I once ran into a very angry (let unintelligible) guild. Mak came to my rescue and told them to back off (thanks again, mate!) but as soon as he left, the guild resurfaced. I think they are cowardly for this and tried to handle them meself. But they were just stubborn and saying stuff that didn't make sense. I wasted about an hour on the docks just telling them to leave me alone.
Finally I said, "Your very petty. I hope I'm never like you." and I left. The point is, have fun and if there is someone be rude or idiotic, just leave. And although, I'm thankful for Mak's help, I wouldn't do it again because I now know it's a waste of time. Don't drag your friends into it.
I hope this helps anyone.

Aye mate and what did you do to deserve it? Does joining a guild merit these type of things... how petty is that.
Aye some people think that because some of the members of Inferno are mean that all of them are. When in fact I'm friends with many Inferno members including Ned himself and they are really nice.

I don't really mind if another player starts fighting whatever I'm fighting, back then (and now) I wasn't worried about 'rep stealers' like other people. I find it laughable when some players fear that their're losing rep because someone else is there. I did a little test of that a while ago, you actually get more rep for having someone with you, and I don't mean in a crew, So don't freak out if someone comes. If you don't have a heart to ask them to leave, move yourself. You might get some weapon that you wanted for a while so where else.

Anyway, all that has been said is in no way 'bullying' for me. There just one thing, that get me so PO'ed that sometimes, I want to reach through the Computer screen: The Bloody Doll Glitch. You all know this one, when you attune someone it takes one point of health away from you. And two times I've saw this done on a low lvl basic, a few 50's were doing it when he was AFK. All of them had fun, and called him 'noob!' 'lol wat a noob'! Besides the fact the way they use the words in 'lol wat a noob' has stupidity written all over it, I've come to hate the word noob. I never use it, never will. Two times I saw this and I didn't do a bloody thing. I'll tell you this: next time I see this, I'll put a stop to it. I don't care if they'll get angry. How would they like it if it happened to them? If this wasn't a Disney game, I would tell them to P-off and go somewhere else.
What you do in this game reflects what you do in real life; your morals. If someone is KO'ed and you help them, you're more likely to give a homeless person money. If you AFK attack a low lvl in the game, you're more likely to be a person that takes joy out of other people's pain/troubles. (Hope you have a great life... )
Out of all the others this is what I call bullying. anything else is Just being annoying and/or mean. AFK attacking low lvls would always be the # 1 on my list for bullying in this game, and if you do it, then you're no friend of mine.

Back