Pirate Bullying

I walked into the place were nobody is like the bow something masion, but this lady was in there i said if i don't get out she would report me and i said this house was not yours so she reported me would that kick me off test?

To the point about guilds getting bad reps. Not saying names but for the most part Guilds with very bad reps are on a short list. Granted, that their issues likely stem from a handful or so causing a lot of trouble. But, if I were an officer or the GM of a guild that is getting a very bad name, I think I would be very pro-active. And if you're a member of guild with bad rep, then you should be making efforts to show there are good apples in that barrel.

I heard someone say what can they do?

1) Remove the bad apples.

Unless you are complete absentee GM, you've got a good idea who your drama queens are - even if they think you don't (I'm also talking to a few of the ETC's I'm keeping tabs on.) Its the officer's job to be aware of potential issues and head them off. This shouldn't a zero tolerance issue, but after a handful of strikes you're likely not going to reform a troublemaker.

If a person can't seem to stay in guild, it may not be entirely by their own choice. Some pirates are just natural issue causers. Eventually, they will find themselves with no place to go.

2) Set a good example.

Several times recently I have seen bad behavior from a guild's GM, who thinks nothing of their misdeeds. Well, not only have you set a bad precident for your guild's rep but you also show your guildmates that its acceptable, even desired behavior.

3) Promote your guild's positives!

If you do regular events, have a site, do something creative, etc etc. then get the word out. Pirates may give your guild a different look if you do open plunder runs, host parties or are climbing the ranks or doing well in PvP / SvS. Officers and the GM should want their guild's name to be recognized for something other than a gang of rude brats.

4) Interact!

Do events with other guilds, do the role-playing events, etc. The more people see a pirate doing something original, new, different or really well while having your guild tag, the better your rep will get and the better quality of members you can attract.

I don't have the vaguest idea of how many times I've encountered this junk on POTCO, and sometimes even more serious. My friend Midnight's gotten some rather gross comments from random guys on Tormenta and I keep hearing racial, religious, and/or..ah..crude comments on Abassa.
I have a piece of advice for ye, mates: When someone tries to attack you verbally by saying noob or whatever, just say in reply "And?" or "And your point is what?" or "So what are you saying?" It's actually quite amusing, at least for me, to use this tactic cause they don't know what to say after a few doses of this.

To the point about guilds getting bad reps. Not saying names but for the most part Guilds with very bad reps are on a short list. Granted, that their issues likely stem from a handful or so causing a lot of trouble. But, if I were an officer or the GM of a guild that is getting a very bad name, I think I would be very pro-active. And if you're a member of guild with bad rep, then you should be making efforts to show there are good apples in that barrel.

I heard someone say what can they do?

1) Remove the bad apples.

Unless you are complete absentee GM, you've got a good idea who your drama queens are - even if they think you don't (I'm also talking to a few of the ETC's I'm keeping tabs on.) Its the officer's job to be aware of potential issues and head them off. This shouldn't a zero tolerance issue, but after a handful of strikes you're likely not going to reform a troublemaker.

If a person can't seem to stay in guild, it may not be entirely by their own choice. Some pirates are just natural issue causers. Eventually, they will find themselves with no place to go.

2) Set a good example.

Several times recently I have seen bad behavior from a guild's GM, who thinks nothing of their misdeeds. Well, not only have you set a bad precident for your guild's rep but you also show your guildmates that its acceptable, even desired behavior.

3) Promote your guild's positives!

If you do regular events, have a site, do something creative, etc etc. then get the word out. Pirates may give your guild a different look if you do open plunder runs, host parties or are climbing the ranks or doing well in PvP / SvS. Officers and the GM should want their guild's name to be recognized for something other than a gang of rude brats.

4) Interact!

Do events with other guilds, do the role-playing events, etc. The more people see a pirate doing something original, new, different or really well while having your guild tag, the better your rep will get and the better quality of members you can attract.

Thank you, Eliza for an experienced and well thought out approach! And it all starts with honest discussion just like this.

I'm campaigning to get our guilds a little more in touch with one another by being introduced to more GM's so we can just talk. Which takes a little bravery from a few key people, like Eliza.

My guild Blood also hosts a sailing event each week, for which I'm seeking Special Guest GM's from other guilds. Everyone is welcome to PM me.

Back