Pirate Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like this board software has a pretty good assortment of tools included with it. I'm used to working with VBulletin boards and sometimes having to add hacks to the existing software in order to add features to the board.

Actually, this software was written by Kier, the former lead developer of vBulletin, and Mike, another former vB developer. I used to create modifications for vB as well.. there are a lot of similarities but this software is OOP and on the MVC architecture.

Anyways, you guys may now add your pirates to your profiles. You can do this by going to your profile, under the pirates tab, and clicking "Add A Pirate" or by going here and doing the same:
https://piratesforums.co/pirates/

Please be careful to use correct capitalization and spelling, and only add real pirates, as there is not yet an edit or delete function. The edit and delete functions are the next thing on the list, before we expand it to include more information about pirates.

Enjoy.

Anyways, you guys may now add your pirates to your profiles. You can do this by going to your profile, under the pirates tab, and clicking "Add A Pirate" or by going here and doing the same:
https://piratesforums.co/pirates/

Please be careful to use correct capitalization and spelling, and only add real pirates, as there is not yet an edit or delete function. The edit and delete functions are the next thing on the list, before we expand it to include more information about pirates.

Enjoy.

Nice Davy! The forums have really come a long way...Can't wait to see what is to come.
Thanks for all that you do. We all appreciate all your hard work. :D
EDIT (Nov 4, 2010 3:25 AM):
Eeeek! I messed up and added De Fiant twice :oops:

The duplicates have been removed :)
You should get a success message at the top of the page when you save, though your pirate won't show up until you refresh the page. I will try to get that refresh happening automatically to prevent confusion. If you guys notice any bugs or experience any problems, let me know.

The duplicates have been removed :)
You should get a success message at the top of the page when you save, though your pirate won't show up until you refresh the page. I will try to get that refresh happening automatically to prevent confusion. If you guys notice any bugs or experience any problems, let me know.

Ahhh. Thanks :)

Pretty fantastic addition, Davy.

A limit on the number of pirates? That might be a problem for me. lol

It might be nice to have each pirate link directly to the DxD profile itself, maybe? That is, enter the userid and avatarid if known, so we have a direct deep-link hyperlink to the pirate directory? Having each profile card picture for each pirate might be overkill - but also might be nice (choose your own, kindof thing.)

Hmmm. I'm not sure I want to maintain another list of my pirates. My notes are spread out, as it is. Maybe just my top 12 Edwards, here? I'll have to think about this...

Um.. Davy we might have to be able to change these pirates info i leveled a few ^^

Too late lol, already add Jade twice - looking forward to that delete thing rofl.

Pretty fantastic addition, Davy.

A limit on the number of pirates? That might be a problem for me. lol
I will try to hold off on one, there is none currently..

It might be nice to have each pirate link directly to the DxD profile itself, maybe? That is, enter the userid and avatarid if known, so we have a direct deep-link hyperlink to the pirate directory? Having each profile card picture for each pirate might be overkill - but also might be nice (choose your own, kindof thing.)
Does the Pirates DxD channel still work? The current plan is to eventually have you enter the URL to your DxD profile, and have the user and avatar ids extracted from that automatically, then pull in the information from there to automatically fill in profiles here and keep them up to date. Eventually we should have a profile-card like display for each pirate.

Um.. Davy we might have to be able to change these pirates info i leveled a few ^^
Yes, the ability to change the information is currently a priority. Hopefully today, this weekend at the latest.
Too late lol, already add Jade twice - looking forward to that delete thing rofl.
The duplicate has been removed :)
I am waiting for the editing feature before I try it.. I know I will mess it up..lol.
Well feel free to enter what you like now, things you enter now will become editable soon.

I will try to hold off on one, there is none currently..
Thank you!
Does the Pirates DxD channel still work? The current plan is to eventually have you enter the URL to your DxD profile, and have the user and avatar ids extracted from that automatically, then pull in the information from there to automatically fill in profiles here and keep them up to date. Eventually we should have a profile-card like display for each pirate.

I've seen the pirate directory update sporadically. New additions do seem to be getting added.

I love the idea of entering the direct URL, but many people will require help with it.

Pie-in-the-sky, what I'd like for my pirate profile page, is just a list of pirate-card pictures, each that hyperlink to the pirates directory. PERHAPS also a couple lines of comments under each picture. What I have found, in my notes, is that I want to track specific legendary weapons. So being able to type in "Tyrant blade, revenant ram" underneath EdEd-12, would POSSIBLY be useful.

Awesome job, Davy! I can't wait to see how this progresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back