Pirates of the Burning Seas

I like it, it has everything that potco needs. For example: more islands, more distance between each island, more ship skills, better customization options etc. But I don't like the fact that it doesn't work on Mac computers, and that you can't have other players on your ship. :mad:

Been thinking about it.

I still think EVE online space pirateing is the most fun.

Oh if Only I could nmake my chracter look like a scruffy outlaw...

1. Bad Graphics
---------------------------
But Our graphics are horrible lol.

I remember I quit on this game because it was way too complicated. But I also enjoyed it.
I'm installing it once again to see if my brain will be able to handle it this time. :lol1:

I've played this game for hours now, and I tell ya... Once you've learned how to do SvS combat, this game is extremely entertaining and so are the quests, not repetitive like POTCO's.

These two games are on two completely different levels.

I have played both games, in my opinion it is all in how you like to play. I’m trying not to be biased here, but overall I think POTCO is better... but only for a few reasons.

Community: I think POTCO has a stronger community; you can easily make friends, join a guild, and get help if you need it. While I was playing POTBS I didn’t run into many players, the few I did either wanted to PvP me, or ignored me completely.

Graphics: Its hard to say which game has the better graphics. POTBS has excellent graphics on land and during ship combat, however while sailing from port to port, they are poor. The Ships are far better than POTCO’s but you can’t explore them, or even fire a deck gun. So, POTBS has better graphics but defiantly not in all aspects of the game.

Gameplay: I have to say the better graphics, more realistic towns, and walking (live) NPCs are impressive. However, every time I went to a new town I got lost. It took me months just to learn how to get around. In POTCO quest tracking is helpful, in POTBS I had no idea where to go. There is quest tracking, but its not linear or as straight forward as POTCO’s quest tracking.

Combat: POTBS has far better combat when it comes to how it looks. But its not as interactive. Press a button to fire a broadside, you have to sail based on wind and your ‘crew.’ A phrase comes to mind: “To realistic.” At least in POTCO you can fire a cannon, or have mates to help you out on your endeavors. Like it was said above, the combat in POTBS is too complicated for my liking. As far as weapons go, POTCO has a larger variety. You like the style of a Sabre, buy one. Broadsword, buy one. What about in POTBS, change your class. This means you have to start over from the beginning.

In my opinion POTBS forgot one very important thing… Captain Jack Sparrow. With POTCO you have a great background, the POTC movies. The huge learning curve and small community of POTBS is what turned me away from it. If you like a complex and RPG style of game I would recommend POTBS. If you like a simple MMORPG I would stick with POTCO.
Like I said, this is just my opinion on the subject. Thanks for putting up with my rant. ;)

I tried to play the game but it was not compatible with macs!!!. Everything is always about windows and microsoft makes me angry!!!.

Didn't like it. It was confusing a little, I was a bit confused on how you get "outfits" and stat clothes (most online games do it differently) and I hated the ship combat.

couldnt help but notice this and as far as what's better I would have to agree with Basil but not by much

POTBS vs. POTCO
Graphics: to both I say meh POTBS wins by an inch simply because out at sea things look a little better

Combat: POTCO wins this simply because to me it feels more like an action game than POTBS. POTBS is unfortunately like most SOE games slow at the start but it really goes too slow for my liking and uses a traditional MMO set up (usually once you get far into a traditional MMO things get very complicated in POTBS its complicated at the start)

Settings: im talking about ports and islands here POTCO does a very poor job with this the towns are small and look deserted most of the time and players have no real reason to be on them while POTBS on the other hand makes the towns look busy and larger

User Interface: POTCO only because its easier to use POTBS gives no tutorial at all basically and once you get on your left wondering what to do and where to go for what (again SOE always fails at that)

Character Customization: POTBS wins by far it has much more customization than POTCO which offers little you can do to change the look of your pirate without being lucky

as fort the rest (I crack myself up XD(not rly -_-)) POTBS is painfully slow as it takes about an hour to get from one island to the next but once you get farther in and get far enough to start PVP it makes all the diff because thats practically what the game was made for, and thus the reason why you need to group in the game. POTCO again is faster in pace but lacks group content you can pretty much solo everything or with a small amount of maybe 2-3 people and it has just currently gotten too easy.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sooooooo one is just waaaayyyyyy too slow at the start and leaves you off to figure out how to get things done yourself while the other is just too easy does that help?...:drink:

Back