Pirates of the Burning Seas

POTBS is not POTCO. Nor will it ever be. POTBS is geared more to the tactical side. It was made for an older gaming crowd. POTCO was geared to 10 year olds. It has taken me two months to get a decent feel for 40% of the game. After two months of POTCO I had it all figured out. POTBS has so many paths to follow.

There are four nations in the game. France, England, Spain, and the "Pirate" nation. Its the Nationals, or nats in POTBS slang, and the Rats (slang for pirate) As a nat ye have three career paths to follow. Navy Officer, Privateer, and Free Trader. As a Rat ye can be either a Cutthroat which is a Privateer - Navy Officer hybrid, or a Buccaneer, which is an equivalent to the Free Trader. All classes have skills and ships unique to themselves.

The game play that can be pursued is RvR (Realm vs Realm), PvP (ship, and avatar), and player vs NPC. The game has its own player driven economy as well. The game is also packed full of missions, and quests.

I have made POTBS my game home. The Society (guild) I am a member is packed full of POTCO refugees. Some new like my self and others who left the game long ago. I have resurrected Rannulf, on the Antigua server. Some of my other pirates as well.

If ye are looking for POTCO on POTBS, ye will not find it. If ye are looking for a Pirate game with a cadre of POTCO players actively involved give POTBS a look.

As of now, Burning Sea is shut down temporary. A security breach with users passwords by the looks of it. Shame, I was planning on going back on today.

POTBS is not POTCO. Nor will it ever be. POTBS is geared more to the tactical side. It was made for an older gaming crowd. POTCO was geared to 10 year olds. It has taken me two months to get a decent feel for 40% of the game. After two months of POTCO I had it all figured out. POTBS has so many paths to follow.

There are four nations in the game. France, England, Spain, and the "Pirate" nation. Its the Nationals, or nats in POTBS slang, and the Rats (slang for pirate) As a nat ye have three career paths to follow. Navy Officer, Privateer, and Free Trader. As a Rat ye can be either a Cutthroat which is a Privateer - Navy Officer hybrid, or a Buccaneer, which is an equivalent to the Free Trader. All classes have skills and ships unique to themselves.

The game play that can be pursued is RvR (Realm vs Realm), PvP (ship, and avatar), and player vs NPC. The game has its own player driven economy as well. The game is also packed full of missions, and quests.

I have made POTBS my game home. The Society (guild) I am a member is packed full of POTCO refugees. Some new like my self and others who left the game long ago. I have resurrected Rannulf, on the Antigua server. Some of my other pirates as well.

If ye are looking for POTCO on POTBS, ye will not find it. If ye are looking for a Pirate game with a cadre of POTCO players actively involved give POTBS a look.

Agree, burning seas is not POTCO, however, after a month on the burning seas I have found I like it better in many ways. There are over 1000 quests and the sailing/ship development aspect is tremendous. Socially not as fun but it took me a long time to really make friends on POTCO too. So overall I am enjoying POTBS. The game is down right now since it was hacked. The developers actually send us info on what is going on and what they are doing to correct situation.

Tried POTBS once upon a time... didn't enjoy it, all it did was give me a virus.

Back