Pirates of the Burning Seas

This game is pretty good... I'd recommend it for anyone who is interested in another game with the same theme. Only thing I don't like about it is the complexity. I prefer Potco because you just click and attack whereas with other things you have to wait for things to recharge and whatnot but at the same time potbs is more advanced.

I've been playing this game and I really enjoy it. Its got alot more customization options and hundreds of ships you can buy/loot/choose from. If you want to give the game a try I suggest playing on the test server, theres alot less people who will try to troll you. :)

i love the different cloth you can add to you pirate and the landscape is cool to explore but and some of the combat fighting i like just the sailing i hate a lot not like pirates online sailing

Does this game have a forums

This is the official forums: http://www.burningsea.com/forums/

Is it for mac to? Is it fun?

Its not currently available for macs. I think its fun but thats just my opinion :)

I uninstalled today. Just too many issues. The game looks like it has potential but is complicated and glitched a bunch today.

If we all uninstalled a game because it has problems then why would there be so many people who love POTCO? POTBS is run by a small company (basically a few guys), not even close to the size of Disney but they still put out patches and updates weekly. I hope a few small bugs wont drive anyone off from a game that, as you said, looks like it has potential. :)

I've downloaded POTBS and I play it, graphics are cool way better than Potcos were, better emotes, ships are left at islands that you last visited, you can tp to another island as long as you have more than 1 ship available, to remove the chat box you need to google it and remember the short cut for it, all in all the game is cool and I would recommend the game to ex potco players

Been trying to figure this game out. Took forever to download it, been a the test and another server, tried the tutorials, been sailing, clicked on a bunch of icons, still not sure what I'm doing.

But I'm gonna stick with it until / if I figure it out, just a little frustrating right now

I have to start playing again, it's been so long! I Do like the game, i like the fact that you are able to go on quests (crew or without crew), it would take you to a private room type thing, so you don't have to worry about people stealing your stuff. :daggermouth:

Only thing POTBS is missing is good sword fighting. I liked POTCOs click and activate skills. I admit it got repetitive, but when they first released the new guns, and swords it felt like new with the new animations.

At about the 5thsession I kinda figured out sailing and sunk my first ship. Had to be someone more clueless than me LOL. The SVS here isn't on the public seas but as soon as you challenge someone by taking a shot at them the game takes you both (or more if fleets involved) to a sepearte "private" battle sea.

Still working on it, it is complex with lots of options, but slow and tedious too.

Will keep you posted.

Let us know how long it takes before you are comfortable with the game. My experience was similar and I gave up after about 3 sessions.

finally got this game downloaded and sinking a ship is like watching paint dry. I'd like my war sloop back now please!
Well when you first start POTCO a light sloop doesn't exactly 'DECIMATE' the Bulwarks and Panthers either. There are many fast ships in the game, and become even faster once you install the appropriate upgrades. However you do have to watch the wind and the current for optimal speed on the open sea. As for firepower, that will come with the bigger ships.
IMO, the game is much more of a pirate game than PoTCO was if people actually give it a chance. The key is not expecting it to BE just like PoTCO and rage quit because it's not. It does have a learning curve but once you get the essentials down it's a lot of fun. The ships and amount of personalized upgrade options is quite impressive. There is also Econ if you choose to produce goods to sell or even become a shipwright and start producing ships.

Back