Pirates of the Caribbean Online Infinite Official Thread

@Hopsicle So the website for POTCO-I will be up in a week or two like you said. So do you all have any improvements to the website besides the logo? Like changing the background, the font, etc.?

I have made lots of improvements to the overall look of the website, changed some fonts around got some new "piratey" looking fonts, and added some new buttons here and there. The background is still currently being decided on, for now and when we first launch i think we're sticking with the background that's been there (the one used on this forum also) for the time being till we decide on something better. We also have some interesting ideas for the background like maybe possibly making it rotating different pictures every few seconds to a half minute. We'll keep you posted on that, but for now their are a lot of improvements and new fonts and changes made to the website. I'll post a pic of the first page done whenever we get the content done.

8XD1rBv.png
jail cell pic.jpg
8XD1rBv.png jail cell pic.jpg
8XD1rBv.png
jail cell pic.jpg
Hey POTCO-I fans I have some pretty cool news for you guys. So today we are able to show you guys some pictures of the beginning tutorial area in the game and what we are currently working on. So, these picture show that we have finished the entire tutorial jail cell area and we are currently in the process of implementing the rest of the areas into the game. Those black rectangle spots you see are the collision spots we are fixing, they will not be in the game. It is coming along quite smoothly and we are working hard, hope you enjoy and let me know if you guys have any more questions. View attachment 63870 View attachment 63870 View attachment 63870 View attachment 63871

Due to Ryan/Hopsicle uploading dreadful images i thought i should upload better looking ones. Just a note, these photos were rendered using Blender's Cycles Rendering Engine. This is in no way in-game screenshots. (These look too good to be in-game anyway)

The photos include the entire re-textured jail i created in it's full glory.

View attachment 63872 View attachment 63873 View attachment 63872 View attachment 63873 View attachment 63872 View attachment 63873 Hey POTCO-I fans I have some pretty cool news for you guys. So today we are able to show you guys some pictures of the beginning tutorial area in the game and what we are currently working on. So, these picture show that we have finished the entire tutorial jail cell area and we are currently in the process of implementing the rest of the areas into the game. Those black rectangle spots you see are the collision spots we are fixing, they will not be in the game. It is coming along quite smoothly and we are working hard, hope you enjoy and let me know if you guys have any more questions. View attachment 63870 View attachment 63870 View attachment 63870 View attachment 63871
Due to Ryan/Hopsicle uploading dreadful images i thought i should upload better looking ones. Just a note, these photos were rendered using Blender's Cycles Rendering Engine. This is in no way in-game screenshots. (These look too good to be in-game anyway)

The photos include the entire re-textured jail i created in it's full glory.

they are hot. yas <3

Is there going to be a Mac version, or is it going to be Windows only? Also, what are you guys going to do about the whole Unlimited Access situation? Is the ENTIRE game going to be free, or are you going to have another premium member system in place? Also, any expected release date? Any year quarter estimate?

Last edited:
Is there going to be a Mac version, or is it going to be Windows only? Also, what are you guys going to do about the whole Unlimited Access situation? Is the ENTIRE game going to be free, or are you going to have another premium member system in place? Also, any expected release date? Any year quarter estimate?

We're not sure about Mac yet but i'm sure it'll be possible.

Due to copyright we cannot make any money from the game under any situation. The entire game will be free.

At the moment & the state were in we don't have a expected release date. We're having some trouble with our programmer but were almost ready for the alpha phase. (Testing the server, getting certain functions added like Create a Pirate, Finishing the website etc)

If you have anymore questions just ask. ;)

We're not sure about Mac yet but i'm sure it'll be possible.

Due to copyright we cannot make any money from the game under any situation. The entire game will be free.

At the moment & the state were in we don't have a expected release date. We're having some trouble with our programmer but were almost ready for the alpha phase. (Testing the server, getting certain functions added like Create a Pirate, Finishing the website etc)

If you have anymore questions just ask. ;)
A Mac version would be HIGHLY appreciated :p I would love to be part of the alpha phase, so if you can have a Mac version along side the Windows version, that would be awesome. Of course, I know it's only a few of you guys, so I can completely understand if it would be too much work! I would hate to slow down development!

So, is there going to be any gameplay in the first alpha build (very beginning tutorial island, or something similar), or is it just going to be server login testing?

A Mac version would be HIGHLY appreciated :p I would love to be part of the alpha phase, so if you can have a Mac version along side the Windows version, that would be awesome. Of course, I know it's only a few of you guys, so I can completely understand if it would be too much work! I would hate to slow down development!

So, is there going to be any gameplay in the first alpha build (very beginning tutorial island, or something similar), or is it just going to be server login testing?

Due to concerns of what might happen if we disclose information regarding alpha i cannot reveal any information regarding what will be in alpha & what will be done. We hope you understand.

But, thankfully, we've been informed that we're allowed to release information regarding alpha once it actually happens. So stay tuned for that. :woot:

Due to concerns of what might happen if we disclose information regarding alpha i cannot reveal any information regarding what will be in alpha & what will be done. We hope you understand.

But, thankfully, we've been informed that we're allowed to release information regarding alpha once it actually happens. So stay tuned for that. :woot:
I'm not entirely sure I understand why you can't disclose any information, but you have your reasons, fair enough. I'll be waiting for the alpha release then :)

Last edited:
Since everyone else gave introductions already, I might as well too. My name is Sam (woah shocking) and I'm a 17 year old senior in high school who is in a filming/editing class for three hours everyday. I am an aspiring actor who loves to do voice acting and general comedic stuff. If you need any voice acting done for POI, you would be amazed with what I can do with my voice. Although I haven't really commented much on here, I have been watching this and other POTCO emulators in the shadows. This one has shown the most progress out of all them. The mere fact that I could download the update launcher was enough to see that some progress was being made. So, Atlas, Ryan, Austin. I am at your full disposal. I can help brainstorm ideas for characters, quests, locations, as well as voice some of said characters if need be. Great to be part of the forums! :)

Since everyone else gave introductions already, I might as well too. My name is Sam (woah shocking) and I'm a 17 year old senior in high school who is in a filming/editing class for three hours everyday. I am an aspiring actor who loves to do voice acting and general comedic stuff. If you need any voice acting done for POI, you would be amazed with what I can do with my voice. Although I haven't really commented much on here, I have been watching this and other POTCO emulators in the shadows. This one has shown the most progress out of all them. The mere fact that I could download the update launcher was enough to see that some progress was being made. So, Atlas, Ryan, Austin. I am at your full disposal. I can help brainstorm ideas for characters, quests, locations, as well as voice some of said characters if need be. Great to be part of the forums! :)
Hi Sam! Um, currently I am not sure about the voice acting as we have not discussed any plans of looking for any updated voices or updating our voice acting. However, if we do ever discuss it you will be the first one we call! Thanks for the post man!

Hi Sam! Um, currently I am not sure about the voice acting as we have not discussed any plans of looking for any updated voices or updating our voice acting. However, if we do ever discuss it you will be the first one we call! Thanks for the post man!
Sure thing! :D

A few questions, if ye don't mind (I would appreciate a 'fair' response to each):
  • Exactly how many members of Infinite's developmental staff are ex-POTCO players (answered already by @Hopsicle)
  • What were their "main" characters used on POTCO by these staff members
  • Who will be responsible for the care and security of player information (if Infinite successfully launches)
  • Has Infinite taken into account the necessity to re-evaluate it's full name (as anything associated with the coupling/grouping of the name 'Pirates of the Caribbean Online' could face Disney sanction)
Atlas, are you in need of anyone to help flesh out the story a bit?
@Atlas - You are being tagged here to better assist you with the hope of having such questions answered. It's likely that you are extremely busy. However, would you mind personally responding to the above questions at your earliest convenience. Thank Ye ~

Back