Piratey Trading

They use to have it so you could link your accounts together but that had to be pulled.. Really changed things a lot because you couldn't have two accounts with them and swap charecters back and forth which was cool because your kids could be on one account and you on another and what not... or you could play your character even though it was on another account. They never had trading of course but the ability to link account was allowing people to keep from getting banned.

I understand that Ed however I don't believe that the rest of us should be penalized due to the carelessness of others. I see trading as something that could be beneficial to us in POTCO. If it is set up properly it could also be reasonably safe. Just because someone may give out their account details is NOT reason enough not to have trading in game. In that other game I mentioned when a player gave out their account login details and was robbed, we did not ban the victim but the owners of the game would not reimburse them for the items stolen due to their carelessness. We did have ways of tracking down the player who robbed them and that player always recieved a permanent ban.

well for the personal trading it should be with friends crew mates and guild and so it would be fair there could be a meter saying if the trade is fair and if its not completely fair but not too unfair the person who gets the unfair deal could be asked are you sure you want to make this trade it is not completely fair and if the person doesnt like the trade they say no and keep going or back down and if a person trades it then they get mad thats their problem they said it was ok and this system has worked out in many other games so that how i see it and yes i agree with the public trading auction thing and it would be great if we did it in the useless market place they made somebody should send disney an email with the link to this thread

remember when POTCO was celebrating 1 year they said in the coming years we are introducing a new story quest a trading system and the kraken they already added a new story quest so maybe they are working on a trading system :) i have girls clothes some how so i want to trade them away :p

I don't think a value meter for items would work at this point as values seem to be highly skewed on some items. For example some items due to their extreme scarcity should be given much higher values than they currently have. Black clothing items are a good example due to their rarity these items should be valued as highly as the more desirable famed items. All trades won't always be fair. At times one player will wish to trade a higher value item for one of lesser value simply because they want that particular item, or the item they are trading is a duplicate of something they allready have.
EDIT (Nov 6, 2010 7:35 PM):
Bringing in Trading might just mean having to re engineer and create a game economy. Might mean having to revalue every items in game to fit into its proper place in that economy.

I agree Roger it might be set up in such a way as both players in the trade have to drag the items being traded into a "Trading Box" Then both parties have to agree "yes or no" before the trade can be made final. Once the deal is done its done. I personally don't care for the idea of auction style trading with bidding involved. If I'm doing a trade I want a straight up trade. Don't want to have to wait around for a week like on EBay until all the bidding is done.

I agree with chris, but to insure that it is you making the trade and not some ticked off older/younger brother/sister who got on your account I think you should be able to have a separate password for trade for example it wud say r u sure you wish to make this trade, then you hit yes, then you type password, and finally you see trade had been made congratulations.
EDIT (Nov 3, 2010 7:38 PM):

Hmmm if only we had an ignore button:facepalm:

i think to fix ppl from spamming they should add a button to revoke the trade if both parties arent happy with what happens so if someone gets scammed they hit a button and then boom they get there stuff back

How about a trading system that include codes, for example -

I commit one item (whether is gold, a weapon, etc ) into the system and it would generate a private code, which I would have saved in my "code box" , and that way , could transfers goods to other of my pirates and optionally share that code if that is what was needed. I think it would make the process not as "simple", so that kids would not be easily talked to into trading things if they are in disadvantage.

The items can be retrievable as long it has not been "claimed". It would also make it easy to confidentially share codes online in case someone just happens to want to help someone say in the forums, say someone needs 10 grand gold, and commit 10 grand, and give that code to the person.., or just want to get rid of his weapons for whatever reason. Also could be used contest weapons or gold, goodies etc.

...Also could be used contest weapons or gold, goodies etc.

Wow, I'd all but forgotten about that use, for trading. Events I've hosted in the past were actually quite difficult to give awards for, since I had to explain how the poker transfer was done to each winner, then slowly transfer that gold at the poker table.

i think to fix ppl from spamming they should add a button to revoke the trade if both parties arent happy with what happens so if someone gets scammed they hit a button and then boom they get there stuff back
That would be ok as long as there was a time limit........Say 10 minutes placed on the ability to back out of a trade. Otherwise quite a few people would crawfish on deals.

How about a trading system that include codes, for example -
I do like this idea! I've wanted an ability to move items between pirates on my accounts for a long time, plus the ability to easily move gold to various pirates would be great.

i figured trading should be like
open each players weapons on each side of the screen with a boc in the middle to pull items into and a button for gold then just hit a button that says trade and then BOOM you traded weapons lol
EDIT (Nov 3, 2010 11:12 AM):
( my trading space ) {trading box} ( friends trading space )
I take a haunted cannon ram and place in the box and add 300 gold
friend adds revent cannon ram to the box and 300 gold
we both hit trade
we now each have the others 300 gold and reavent/ haunted ram
i agree but for the first 24 hours you should have an option to trade back sound good that gets ridd of OH NO I WAS RIPPED OFF!!!!

idk.... that would be kinda... pointless almost... i mean alot of us want to be able to make another pirate on a separate account, then trade with them, then be able to move it to one of our other pirates

this is what should happen... say a sword or item is 100 gold and another person wants it they either have to pay 100, trade something thats 100 for it, or trade something that 50 gold then also pay 50 along with the item

this is what should happen... say a sword or item is 100 gold and another person wants it they either have to pay 100, trade something thats 100 for it, or trade something that 50 gold then also pay 50 along with the item
You mean the money you would get if you sold it at a shop?

Back