POLL: Opinions on Skull Chests

Do Skull Chest drop rates need to be re-examined?

• Yes

Votes: 134 93.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this cause there is no end game for us pirates that play on now that is cause we are all true fans of the game and that makes no end i think.
There are certain things that could be done to the game that would make me quit but they would be very major such as,
1. Making looting absolutely useless
2. Removing the Whitelist/blacklist and replacing it with open chat

Note: Although I'm against trading I don't think it would make looting useless.

Even then its debatable on whether I'd quit or not. (The whitelist blacklist situation I would but It would be very debatable if I'd quit if looting was useless.

I feel for loot skull chests you either need to boost their spawn rate (maybe 5%, 15% max).

Or just make it so that better loot spawns more often in loot skull chests.

Or both, that would be nice. :)

I feel for loot skull chests you either need to boost their spawn rate (maybe 5%, 15% max).

Or just make it so that better loot spawns more often in loot skull chests.

Or both, that would be nice. :)
this would help cause after seeing 100 skull chest and still no fame is a disappoint for me. Sad but have screens to prove it lol :) but on a side a note though SO glad I am able to plunder these chest so A BIG thanks to ALL that made this happen again ooh rah Semper Fi....

I honestly feel the drop rate for Skull Chests is a little , key word little too low. I would like to see maybe a 10 percent increase in how often they arrive as loot.

Seems like best way to get better weapons at this point is at sea.

if we looked at it from other game's perspective, i don't see the validity in increasing the rates.
if rares are rare, then is raising the percentage the logical idea? some games have a drop rate of 1/12000, or 0.0083%, and that is considered fair. yes, it may have more players, but those drop rates were never revisited to when they only had 1% of that amount of players as well.
my point is my point; just don't see why people want rare to be more common than what is already available.
If people spend 3 days playing more than 16 hours a day to get one on other games, then why should we spend about an hour or two to get more than 3 or 4, or hell, 12 of famed/rare as well?

if we looked at it from other game's perspective, i don't see the validity in increasing the rates.
if rares are rare, then is raising the percentage the logical idea? some games have a drop rate of 1/12000, or 0.0083%, and that is considered fair. yes, it may have more players, but those drop rates were never revisited to when they only had 1% of that amount of players as well.
my point is my point; just don't see why people want rare to be more common than what is already available.
If people spend 3 days playing more than 16 hours a day to get one on other games, then why should we spend about an hour or two to get more than 3 or 4, or hell, 12 of famed/rare as well?
Those rates are considered fair in games that have item trading. TLOPO does not, so the drop rates need to be higher than that.

Those rates are considered fair in games that have item trading. TLOPO does not, so the drop rates need to be higher than that.
trade or not, grinding for loot has the same end result: wanting to get famed/legendary. Do we really have to advocate for increase in drop rate because they're possibly unlucky? I understood when skull loot chests we're giving out some really crappy loot or ammunition, but I believe those have been revisited, adjusted, and made more 'balanced,' but increasing rate of rares because they don't get them as "often" isn't really a signal to increase rarity to be uncommon instead.

Like I said though, it's just my point. If everyone else wants an increase, that isn't really a problem I'm going to disagree and fight for.

trade or not, grinding for loot has the same end result: wanting to get famed/legendary. Do we really have to advocate for increase in drop rate because they're possibly unlucky? I understood when skull loot chests we're giving out some really crappy loot or ammunition, but I believe those have been revisited, adjusted, and made more 'balanced,' but increasing rate of rares because they don't get them as "often" isn't really a signal to increase rarity to be uncommon instead.

Like I said though, it's just my point. If everyone else wants an increase, that isn't really a problem I'm going to disagree and fight for.

The message I was pointing out was not to increase the drop of rare items. That amount is fine I was simply saying that skull chests don't seem to show up on land very often at all. Even if they have a bunch of random junk at least the amount of items is greater.

The message I was pointing out was not to increase the drop of rare items. That amount is fine I was simply saying that skull chests don't seem to show up on land very often at all. Even if they have a bunch of random junk at least the amount of items is greater.
oh yea. the skull chest is absolute garbage on land. i agree with you there lol.

World of Warcrafts Invencibles Reigns in a nutshell

I think that they should be reworked a bit, but not too much. Here is how I think they should be changed:
- Cards should only be Aces
- Gold must exceed 200+

To all the idiots who think that famed weapons should be more common, you're selfish and you don't understand how that would work in the long run. If you want the game to last longer, you want the loot drop rate for the famed to stay the same. You are selfish and you want to rework the system so you can fit in with your friends who have famed. Famed weapons are famed for a reason.

I think that they should be reworked a bit, but not too much. Here is how I think they should be changed:
- Cards should only be Aces
- Gold must exceed 200+

To all the idiots who think that famed weapons should be more common, you're selfish and you don't understand how that would work in the long run. If you want the game to last longer, you want the loot drop rate for the famed to stay the same. You are selfish and you want to rework the system so you can fit in with your friends who have famed. Famed weapons are famed for a reason.

Even though I agree with you about the fact that famed weapons should be rare, Skull chest is super rare and the items inside often are terrible like getting basic items and cards. If a skull chest especially on land is not going to appear often then make them at least somewhat worth getting when we do get them by having at least common and rare items inside and the occasional famed and super limited Legendary items.

The thing that does bother me is that you are being extremely rude to people who are allowed to have their own opinions on the topic.

Even though I agree with you about the fact that famed weapons should be rare, Skull chest is super rare and the items inside often are terrible like getting basic items and cards. If a skull chest especially on land is not going to appear often then make them at least somewhat worth getting when we do get them by having at least common and rare items inside and the occasional famed and super limited Legendary items.

The thing that does bother me is that you are being extremely rude to people who are allowed to have their own opinions on the topic.
I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. In regards to me being rude, a lot of these people don't know what they are talking about. If I offended you, I'm sorry, but at this point, I don't really care. I know what boundaries not to cross, and I am not specifically targeting anyone. But you gotta admit, the people who want famed weapons to be "more common", are idiots. I agree, garbage like jewelry and bad cards should be cut out, but we shouldn't be making famed items easier to find. Just my two cents.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. In regards to me being rude, a lot of these people don't know what they are talking about. If I offended you, I'm sorry, but at this point, I don't really care. I know what boundaries not to cross, and I am not specifically targeting anyone. But you gotta admit, the people who want famed weapons to be "more common", are idiots. I agree, garbage like jewelry and bad cards should be cut out, but we shouldn't be making famed items easier to find. Just my two cents.
you're right famed shouldnt be easier to find but i also shouldnt be getting 5 cards and a crude doll worth 0 gold in a loot skull

Before we doing somthing with CHESTS we have to stop being CRASHING every second sail.. xD its annoying
that and im tired of being killed by invisible mobs attacking me because i cant see to fight back its annoying yesterday i was helping a friend in kingshead and he kept going down and i couldnt revive him cause id get hit at 90% revive bar even though no one was there and i didnt have a dot on my mini map he said the eitc hitting me was in front of me but when i tried hitting him nothing happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back