POLL: Opinions on Skull Chests

Do Skull Chest drop rates need to be re-examined?

• Yes

Votes: 134 93.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, the only great things I got from fishing are Admiral's Cutlass, Lost Sword, And Silver Freeze. (Lost Sword I got from sailing first, and Silver Freeze was easily found from Smasho when he was working correctly)

If you saw the most recent leader broads TLOPO posted as well, I was ranked 2 on the most enemies killed. (First being JDP who farmed Kingshead while I was at Tormenta/Idol)

Not only this, but I've studying loot drops for years on POTCO and since TLOPO came out. While I do admit finding famed/legendary is harder. I'd like to see the game keep it this way, as it makes every find I hear people get more valuable and special to them. When pirates are genuinely excited to find famed instead of 'expected result' the rewards become more meaningful to the player. If anything were to change in the TLOPO looting code, I would prefer they make looting HARDER! As the game itself is easy enough as it is being 10+.... when 95% of the community is over 18 now.
I do believe you expressed your opinion already. Yes? No? You then pursued some round about nonsensical conversation about pirate levels and other related irrelevance. You already stated your opinion, as is duly noted. To keep spamming the thread with irrelevance is, well, irrelevant. You're not going to convince anyone of your opinion and make them change theirs, and no one wants to change yours.
Move on dude, you're outnumbered already.
The people have spoken, and they want the loot system revised.
Deals with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just my two cents, but from a game design standpoint, making loot more rare would be bad for long-term game life. Fake longevity does have its place in MMOs, but this would not be a good spot for it.

Rather than make it a pain to loot, and not restore the game to what it originally was, why don't we just add in NEW content to increase the length of the game and remake it to how it is supposed to be in the first place? Sounds like a much better idea to me, rather than make people lose their minds with seeing bad loot in the best loot container there is.

As for age, nobody here has the statistics for player ages. Any number thrown out is purely made up.

Your analogy would be more akin to deciding whether to add new items or to buff all the existing items.

As @Peter Goldbeard pointed out, this analogies equivalent of harder loot means more wait time for the same food.

Also @Jack Cannonskull raises good points. I would like to add the point that I've known a good number of people to say their age in-game, including multiple of ages 12-16.
See the thing about that is really you don't know of their 12 - 16 they could be lying! Older or younger you do not know. That is my most important point.

Just my two cents, but from a game design standpoint, making loot more rare would be bad for long-term game life. Fake longevity does have its place in MMOs, but this would not be a good spot for it.

Rather than make it a pain to loot, and not restore the game to what it originally was, why don't we just add in NEW content to increase the length of the game and remake it to how it is supposed to be in the first place? Sounds like a much better idea to me, rather than make people lose their minds with seeing bad loot in the best loot container there is.

As for age, nobody here has the statistics for player ages. Any number thrown out is purely made up.
Amen

They could, but you can kinda tell they're not. lol

12 year olds have a certain way of typing...
I can confirm that this is not always the case. As a 12 year old, I was always online playing games like POTCO and I never really differed from how I'm typing right now. Any age-based estimates are just speculation, and I definitely don't agree that 95+% of the community is made up of adults.

I can confirm that this is not always the case. As a 12 year old, I was always online playing games like POTCO and I never really differed from how I'm typing right now. Any age-based estimates are just speculation, and I definitely don't agree that 95+% of the community is made up of adults.
Of course it's speculation, but it certainly raises your chances of being correct.

Also, I was the same way you are. Runescape, of all things, taught me to type quickly and well. This is not the same for everyone.

I just don't want the game to be any easier than it is.

If loot was any easier to get (With my experience and how much myself and many others have looted so far) I would without any exaggeration have looted every item in the game in the game.

"When everyone is special, nobody will be."

I think my biggest thing about skulls are that whenever I see one I don't want to have to embrace the fact that 9/10 there's just stuff that I could've found in a loot ouch or loot chest. To me a Skull means something truly rewarding. I think Disney's mechanics were more on par with this than the current ones we have.

I think my biggest thing about skulls are that whenever I see one I don't want to have to embrace the fact that 9/10 there's just stuff that I could've found in a loot ouch or loot chest. To me a Skull means something truly rewarding. I think Disney's mechanics were more on par with this than the current ones we have.
This I can agree on. - Buffing the gold and cards should be done 100%. For example have a FIXED 100+ gold per skull (No matter what) you get at least 100 gold. As well as at FIXED amount of 2 cheat cards.

However, changing how often you get famed/brights should not be increased. :2 cents:

I just don't want the game to be any easier than it is.

If loot was any easier to get (With my experience and how much myself and many others have looted so far) I would without any exaggeration have looted every item in the game in the game.

"When everyone is special, nobody will be."

Charles, I understand where your coming from 100%. I enjoy difficult games. I enjoy difficult battles, puzzles and others. In a game though like TLOPO where looting is a game of "luck" I don't want it to be extremely difficult where the odds are like the odds of winning the lottery. I want to be able to get fames, not easily, not too hard but I like the chance of getting good stuff how it is.

If I wanted the game to be harder "which I kind of do" I would want some tougher enemies and bosses you must fight, and maybe some complex puzzles read the suggestion TLOPO dungeons (aka cells) it's a nice thread about adding some difficulty to TLOPO and I like it (with the exception of an assured famed being a bit to high to me.

I don't think making the odds of looting harder would make the game more fun for me, or many of the rest of us. It would just make it more boring. Now complex puzzles and difficult battles would make the game more fun for most of us I believe. It would actual be "harder" it's not a game of luck.

@Sparky Wonderwolf as for your post I don't exactly agree. When I see a skull chest it makes me very excited to see what's inside. If there is cards and junk I just go aww man. But if its like the first skull or two very early on looting and I've gotten a famed or the Lost Sword XD which did happen, then I'm just really happy.

To me skulls are a game of is it gonna be great or I will hate. (Yeah that sounded bad who cares)

@Sparky Wonderwolf as for your post I don't exactly agree. When I see a skull chest it makes me very excited to see what's inside. If there is cards and junk I just go aww man. But if its like the first skull or two very early on looting and I've gotten a famed or the Lost Sword XD which did happen, then I'm just really happy.

To me skulls are a game of is it gonna be great or I will hate. (Yeah that sounded bad who cares)
Well I'm not asking for an assured famed or even rare just a minimum like reward even if it's just gold and minor goodies in higher quantities. Skulls should mean something and not be as much as chance as the other two tiers.

Well I'm not asking for an assured famed or even rare just a minimum like reward even if it's just gold and minor goodies in higher quantities. Skulls should mean something and not be as much as chance as the other two tiers.
Actual I believe that skull chests have a higher percentage to give fames and legendaries.

Actual I believe that skull chests have a higher percentage to give fames and legendaries.
I think his point is more of he doesn't want to open a skull and find a Sea Dog's Bayonet and a playing card like I did yesterday. Skulls definitely have a higher chance for famed and legendary and I think the chances are probably fine as is. I think the main thing people are sick of is the skulls like I just described above being that way 95% of the time one drops. If I had my way we'd have the other two implied loot containers and reworked loot RNG. :p

I think his point is more of he doesn't want to open a skull and find a Sea Dog's Bayonet and a playing card like I did yesterday. Skulls definitely have a higher chance for famed and legendary and I think the chances are probably fine as is. I think the main thing people are sick of is the skulls like I just described above being that way 95% of the time one drops. If I had my way we'd have the other two implied loot containers and reworked loot RNG. :p
I really have basically no problem with loot except for duplicate ammo too much gold and too many cards, otherwise look at my profile picture.

I feel like a loot skull chest should drop a weapon no matter what, with commons being more rare, and rares or famed being more common than usual.

Also, both of my famed weapons (which happened to be repeats) were from loot chests, not loot skull chests.

The rarity of weapons in crates should be based on the type of chest. For example, pouches should drop crudes or commons, chests should drop commons or rares, and skulls should drop rares, famed or legendaries.

Also, both of my famed weapons (which happened to be repeats) were from loot chests, not loot skull chests.

The rarity of weapons in crates should be based on the type of chest. For example, pouches should drop crudes or commons, chests should drop commons or rares, and skulls should drop rares, famed or legendaries.
That's strange.

I have 11 fames and 1 legendary
1 famed came from OP fishing
1 came from a loot pouch
The legendary and the 9 other fames came from skull chests.

I would say yes. And to roughly put it into perspective, I've gotten more famed items from skull chests looted at sea than I have on land - despite having opened a far greater number of skull chests on land. That doesn't seem right, does it?
screenshot_2017-08-16_17-58-46.jpgscreenshot_2017-07-13_17-41-41.jpg screenshot_2017-07-27_16-37-21.jpg

Last edited:
I think loot drops in skulls should be on line the POTCO or better I have looted for hours and days found nothing so for to me looting right now is a waste of time not of rewards for the time spent. So for now I enjoy mat runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back