Post Your Setup!

Hello mate :ahoy:! I'd like to share for reference :). Except, hopefully by my playtime tomorrow a patch will fix for the tutorial crash myself and a few other pirates are having :cry:.

*CPU: i7 4790k

*CPU Cooler: Noctua DH-15 + Dual NF-A15 140mm Fans + Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut Thermal Grease

*RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PRO DDR3

*MOBO: MSI Gaming 7 Motherboard

*GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme @2088MHz STABLE LOAD

*Monitor: Asus XB241H Predator 1080p @180Hz DP G-Sync

*PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA T2 Titanium Certified, High Overclock Stability & Power Efficiency

*Tower: Cooler Master HAF 920 + 6 120mm LEPA BOL QUITE Series PWM Fans with Cable Matters Y-Splitters

*Storage: Seagate SSHD 4TB + WD Black Performance 6TB HDD

*Ethernet Cable: Vandesail CAT7 High Speed 10Gbps

USB Devices:
*Logitech C920 HD 1080p + Tripod

*Logitech Dual Action Controller

*Mayflash Wireless Sensor DolphinBar + Wii Remote Plus

*Poweradd Glowing Blue Earbuds w/ Mic

*Redragon M701 Lavawolf 3500 DPI Optical Gaming Mouse

*IMAGE? 3 Color LED Backlit Programmable Gaming Keyboard

*4TB Seagate External Hard Drive 120Mbs

*SanDisk Ultra CZ48 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive

================================================================
Why should you still invest into 4790k? Stop buying into getting new computer parts :sad1:!
-First of all, I'm telling you my experience with these specs so I can save you money (*besides GPU).What exactly my rig does and why I'll keep it this way until a new Devil's Canyon competitor comes out: My rig can play the oldest games the best (for example, older 300+ mods Minecraft or even DOS), while having a perfect balance of maximum performance to newer games as well. If you're that kinda gamer, use my specs :). I haven't had one lag from anything in the world since I built, whether that's an emulation or heaviest computed gaming, minus the fact you need SLI for more 4K screens :p. I was perfectly fine still with my EVGA GTX 970 FTW :D, but for a little more, you could get the new Pascal architecture :). If you're a programmer/heavy multi-threaded tasks, use more logical cores (ex. 40) than strong single-core processing for gamers :laugh:. Even still with DX12, I love my 4790k. Hope this helps you buyers in limbo that get lured into buying newer processors and motherboards ;). Remember, it's your computer as a whole doing the work, not just a few parts (I'm referring to buying a PC built, which is overpriced :facepalm:...). If you're wondering when exactly I bought this rig, besides the new GPU, about more than two years ago, still even with 970 in there it plays DX12 games perfectly. If you're wondering about the Pascal GPU (1080): No, you don't need the recommended processor, it's horrible; at least similar to a processor equivalence of 4.0 GHz (4790k stops at 4.4 GHz w/o overclock, it should still withstand half a decade or more), and yes the price was well worth the time it will save you.

Last edited:
Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme6
Processor: Intel i7 5820k 3.30ghz
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x61
SSD: Samsung EVO 250gb
Storage Drive: WD Black 1TB
Video Card: Windforce 970 GTX
Ram: 16gb DDR4 Crucial Ballistix Sport
Moniors: Dual 24 inch 1080p Asus monitors
Case: Corsair AIR 540 (Black)
Keyboard: Steelseries Merc Stealth
Mouse: Razer Naga
Audio Interface: mBOX 2 Mini
Mic: MXL 770 Condenser Mic & Shure SM58 Dynamic Mic (For certain situations)
Headphones: Razer Kraken (Temporary. Studio cans broke :( )

My Gaming and Streaming Rig....
11mb3uc.png

(NOTE: The Screens, Mouse, and Keyboard are Obsolete in this video, also many components in the computer itself. But this is my general pattern of set up.

heres a pic of my laptop custom build gaming laptop 1500$ computer

Attachments

• laptoppic.jpg
    laptoppic.jpg
    560.2 KB · Views: 202
IMG_6138.JPG
IMG_6137.JPG

Haha still haven't managed to get a real desk. Might need to run over to Ikea sooner or later, but it works great for now. Also this is a fairly new set up and I didn't have enough money for a mouse pad so I just use a folder for now lol.

Edit: I just realized you could see me in the window :p

View attachment 79842 View attachment 79841
Haha still haven't managed to get a real desk. Might need to run over to Ikea sooner or later, but it works great for now. Also this is a fairly new set up and I didn't have enough money for a mouse pad so I just use a folder for now lol.

Edit: I just realized you could see me in the window :p
Nice case and chair haha. I have a question. What is the allure of having the tower sit on the desk? I've never done it that way as desk space is a premium haha.

Well....I guess that I'll join the party
Processor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz

Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

RAM
8.0 GB

Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 (build 14393), 64-bit

Deepcool Tesseract Tower

Eagletech Gaming Mouse

BlueFinger Lightning Keyboard/Mouspad

And pardon the mess on in the pic

0306171448.jpg

Well....I guess that I'll join the party
Processor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz

Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

RAM
8.0 GB

Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 (build 14393), 64-bit

Deepcool Tesseract Tower

Eagletech Gaming Mouse

BlueFinger Lightning Keyboard/Mouspad

And pardon the mess on in the pic

View attachment 80509
Woah that keyboard...

This is a picture of my setup
setuppic.png
. Christmas of 2016 I got a bunch of new parts and stuff for my computer. A lot (both good and bad) has changed since. I will be uploading another pic when this setup works again and has the new parts installed.

Back