POTCO - Minecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please be sure that you are using our latest texture pack. From what you've described above, it seems you aren't.

WynnCraft is 5 years old. POTCO MC is 2 months old. Obviously they have more done than us. As far as competing with other POTCO "projects", there's really only one other considerable one and I'd say we're pretty much neck and neck with them.

Please be sure that you are using our latest texture pack. From what you've described above, it seems you aren't.

WynnCraft is 5 years old. POTCO MC is 2 months old. Obviously they have more done than us. As far as competing with other POTCO "projects", there's really only one other considerable one and I'd say we're pretty much neck and neck with them.
Are you referring to TLOPO? Lol. You are NOT ' pretty much neck and neck with them. ' LOL.

We're all entitled to our own opinions. However, this is a developmental thread for our server. Please respect that and not go too off topic on a rant. Obliged.

your resourcepack is missing sounds and alot of textures are poorly placed when are you guys going to fix that?whos your new lead texture dev?

your resourcepack is missing sounds and alot of textures are poorly placed when are you guys going to fix that?whos your new lead texture dev?
I'm not apart of the project anymore. But I do suggest you download the resource pack once again. I updated it to include sounds to enemies quite a while ago when I was still apart of the project. That would also likely explain what you call "misplaced textures." It doesn't update automatically. No minecraft resource pack you will ever download will update automatically...

Also make sure you have downloaded Optifine and are using the Optfine profile. Make sure you have "Connected Textures" set to "Fancy" which is usually checked by default... But I had seen people have troubles with it. I believe it is located "Video settings > quality > connected Textures: Fancy"

I'd like to propose the separation of POTCO MC Server posts onto a new thread from Bart's original thread seeing as he left the team and so that an initial post is able to be edited by a POTCOMC Staff member , possibly @POTCOMC Official

I'd like to propose the separation of POTCO MC Server posts onto a new thread from Bart's original thread seeing as he left the team and so that an initial post is able to be edited by a POTCOMC Staff member , possibly @POTCOMC Official

I don't agree. People have adjusted to coming to this thread, and it will cause much confusion if suddenly all future posts are made on another one. Also, I don't think we need to make an entirely new thread just because the creator of this one is no longer a part of the project.

I'm not apart of the project anymore. But I do suggest you download the resource pack once again. I updated it to include sounds to enemies quite a while ago when I was still apart of the project. That would also likely explain what you call "misplaced textures." It doesn't update automatically. No minecraft resource pack you will ever download will update automatically...

Also make sure you have downloaded Optifine and are using the Optfine profile. Make sure you have "Connected Textures" set to "Fancy" which is usually checked by default... But I had seen people have troubles with it. I believe it is located "Video settings > quality > connected Textures: Fancy"

i know how to use resourcepacks. Ive been downloading/using the latest version as soon as they update on the site and there are still lot of zombie noises and vanilla mc noises. Im talking about how the pack is poorly built because like why is the sand wool? what you could use regular sand? But without your contributions the server would never even look like potco so gotta give you lots of props for that m8

i know how to use resourcepacks. Ive been downloading/using the latest version as soon as they update on the site and there are still lot of zombie noises and vanilla mc noises. Im talking about how the pack is poorly built because like why is the sand wool? what you could use regular sand? But without your contributions the server would never even look like potco so gotta give you lots of props for that m8
Sand is wool for example because it doesn't exactly matter... I mean the sound is changed to be walking on sand. Also there are multiple colors of sand/dirt used. There are only two types of sand in minecraft. Plus, sand has gravity enabled. If a world edit brush is used on converted terrain the sand will just fall into the water. The pack wasn't ever intended to use for vanilla Minecraft so it doesn't really matter either.

Sand is wool for example because it doesn't exactly matter... I mean the sound is changed to be walking on sand. Also there are multiple colors of sand/dirt used. There are only two types of sand in minecraft. Plus, sand has gravity enabled. If a world edit brush is used on converted terrain the sand will just fall into the water. The pack wasn't ever intended to use for vanilla Minecraft so it doesn't really matter either.

you guys also have a policy about not using the pack on any other server which is against the minecraft rules, plus how would you know lol I post a screenshot of another server in the pack and i get banned. @Deleted member 4172 explain this.

you guys also have a policy about not using the pack on any other server which is against the minecraft rules, plus how would you know lol I post a screenshot of another server in the pack and i get banned. @Deleted member 4172 explain this.
Yeah, the only reason I could think for that rule to be there is to prevent someone going off and making their own POTCO map/server... It wouldn't even work on most servers... It would be really odd. The textures are biome specific so if it were say, a savannah biome, no textures would show up. They would all be vanilla as there are no textures assigned to that biome. But if it were a forest biome you would get a ton of mismatched textures that likely wouldn't fit the server very well. Spruce leaves as tables, wool as dirt/sand, etc. So basically, even if you did use it on another server, it would be useless...

Rules are rules. Usage of our pack on another server, particularly one you've made yourself, will merit a ban.

It's more an "our pack and you shouldn't use it for a server of your own" sort of thing. As Deleted member 4172 said, if we catch wind of use of our pack on another public server you will be banned. It's not polite to steal others work.

Rules are rules. Usage of our pack on another server, particularly one you've made yourself, will merit a ban.
It's more an "our pack and you shouldn't use it for a server of your own" sort of thing. As Deleted member 4172 said, if we catch wind of use of our pack on another public server you will be banned. It's not polite to steal others work.
I think Mr. Goldsmith the rule is for, if it hasn't been made quite clear previously, for usage by another server.

i.e. If I make Shamus The Brute is an awesome Moderator Server and use the pack from POTCOMC, I'll be banned.

I think Mr. Goldsmith the rule is for, if it hasn't been made quite clear previously, for usage by another server.

i.e. If I make Shamus The Brute is an awesome Moderator Server and use the pack from POTCOMC, I'll be banned.

is an awesome Moderator Server? there are lots of people on twitter who post pics of them using your pack on other servers and singleplayer worlds so i would look into that lol

Im 9000% sure we've been over the whole "dont cause drama where it isn't needed in this thread" discussion multiple times before, and you continuing to talk about this is sort of going against the talks we've all had about that on here. If you want report any people using our pack, email support@potcomc.us with the evidence. Otherwise, drop the subject. Thanks :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back