POTCO will never die. Campaign

Very cool what we are getting onto. Anyway, I hope they do make a rewritten. It would be a good idea to make it more focused on singleplayer with a multiplayer host side. So if someone wants to host a server they can. Then if they do that, I would explore ways to exploit the affect, that we can have "Donations" or you buy something like stickers off my website but all the money goes to POTCO server. ;)

Shamus The Brute Irene

I'm pretty sure the email is real. ToonTown Rewritten was given permission with the same requirement. (No profit)
I've stayed close with this project, and it seems that they are indeed attempting to recreate Pirates Online to the best of their capabilities. Just because we are young doesn't mean we aren't capable of doing it. (Although I still have my doubts they will be able to maintain the game over a long period of time, I think that the team deserves some credit for trying.)

I agree with everything Shamus The Brute said, I don't mind them 'rewritting' POTCO, but since I've seen their work on their Land and Ocean test when they were in Pirates of Legend project, and considering they have/and maybe still are hackers, I don't know... I just don't trust them.

I hate to keep voicing my own opinions as loudly as I have (as I am 'sure' that many people disagree with the stance that I have taken and the opinions that I uphold). However, what I do think now that I have realized is that it would be almost "better" for me - a ex-POTCO player - if there existed No POTCO "remake/emulator" gaming projects.

Mates, as much as I truly loved and enjoyed the Caribbean ;), the understanding that I have gained about the influx of POTCO (in-game) hacking made me suspicious of the community as a whole as far as accepting an acknowledgement towards the lack of integrity that existed on POTCO. In this respect, I have made a choice. *Of course, I respect everyone's choice to do as they please (by no means am I trying to project my own feelings onto others for the purpose of having others feel the exact same way). I just "care" about the community enough to encourage everyone to know for sure what they support - whether it be this POTCO remake/emulator project or that POTCO remake/emulator project.

***The last thing I would want to see is a ex-POTCO player having their hopes dashed again to pieces (cough, cough - DISNEY)!

I hate to keep voicing my own opinions as loudly as I have (as I am 'sure' that many people disagree with the stance that I have taken and the opinions that I uphold). However, what I do think now that I have realized is that it would be almost "better" for me - a ex-POTCO player - if there existed No POTCO "remake/emulator" gaming projects.

Mates, as much as I truly loved and enjoyed the Caribbean ;), the understanding that I have gained about the influx of POTCO (in-game) hacking made me suspicious of the community as a whole as far as accepting an acknowledgement towards the lack of integrity that existed on POTCO. In this respect, I have made a choice. *Of course, I respect everyone's choice to do as they please (by no means am I trying to project my own feelings onto others for the purpose of having others feel the exact same way). I just "care" about the community enough to encourage everyone to know for sure what they support - whether it be this POTCO remake/emulator project or that POTCO remake/emulator project.

***The last thing I would want to see is a ex-POTCO player having their hopes dashed again to pieces (cough, cough - DISNEY)!

Thank you for posting this! I have am very grateful. It has made me rethink everything. I have realized I don't want another POTCO. I want another MMO like POTCO. I enjoyed POTCO's interface the most. Other pirate MMO bring to much WoW interface. I liked the cartoon version that POTCO brought.

There is one problem. There is barely any pirate MMOs out there! Anyway thank you so much for the post. :)

I hope there will be a remake of POTC. I loved playing that game but I agree with all you people like the hacking for example. I loved all the graphics in the game the most

Back