Public Ship Boot Option

I agree. It's really getting out of hand where you plunder for 45 minutes and then 6 or 7 pirates board after the cargo looks good and do nothing, waiting for an easy payout.
Not how I play the game and I feel I shouldn't support others who want to parasite off me and my real crew.

There actually is the ability to kick people off of your ship through the in-game moderation option. In POTCO, it only worked in SvS, but in TLOPO we'll be adding it so that this functionality works in normal sailing as well.
The player would have to get all loot that was plundered from the time they join the ship to the time they are kicked from it if this was to be implemented.

There actually is the ability to kick people off of your ship through the in-game moderation option. In POTCO, it only worked in SvS, but in TLOPO we'll be adding it so that this functionality works in normal sailing as well.
I have waited so long for this xD It's gotten to the point where I sail solo because of people like that, both in POTCO and some in TLOPO, thought not as much.

Can't people just leave their ship off public instead of making them walk the plank? :walk the plank:
Actually that sounds kind of fun. Load them in a cannon and blast them away!

I kind of like the idea but occasionally people do have to go afk unexpectedly. I mean if you hear someone say "Let"s mooch off that ship" then that's a different story. *cough*

Can't people just leave their ship off public instead of making them walk the plank? :walk the plank:
Actually that sounds kind of fun. Load them in a cannon and blast them away!

I kind of like the idea but occasionally people do have to go afk unexpectedly. I mean if you hear someone say "Let"s mooch off that ship" then that's a different story. *cough*
I stop sailing every now and then, as I notice 3 people on cannon with 7 in crew, leaving 4 pirates, usually hiding right in front of the deck below, deliberately hiding. It's a deliberate choice on the part of the pirates in question, as they never touch a cannon during the run. It's quite easy to see who's helping and who isn't, and talking to them reveals they're not even there.
Going afk on a ship is another problem, as it takes up crew space.
So, if you're not gonna commit to helping out, you should be booted off the ship.
Simple really.
Play or go away.
If someone has something else to do, boarding a ship for free loot shouldn't be an option.
Savor it!

I could be wrong but I thought we had this in POTCO for a while and the issue was that people were getting booted before docking so the captain and friends would get all the loot that others had also worked for. Any ideas as to what could be put in place to prevent that? So if you were on cannons or repairing you couldn't get booted before docking?

I could be wrong but I thought we had this in POTCO for a while and the issue was that people were getting booted before docking so the captain and friends would get all the loot that others had also worked for. Any ideas as to what could be put in place to prevent that? So if you were on cannons or repairing you couldn't get booted before docking?

That's a good point.
I think the simple solution is to have the boot for those standing around or not engaged in any activity for longer than 5 or 10 minutes, either repairing or shooting cannons, even if you miss everything you shoot at. If you need to be repairing or shooting cannons, there's a good chance you won't go afk or board and parasite so much.
You might also have an option where you can block known parasites from boarding your ship.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because then people would just kick everyone off their ship before porting so no one except themselves would get loot
Well, you don't "get all the loot" solo unfortunately. But I see what you mean and it is a valid point.

Earlier today, I was sailing. Of course people started joining when I had 16/16 cargo.
This guild will go unmentioned, but there were two people from this guild that came to my ship, didn't touch a cannon, didn't play a repair game, and just stood by me as I was sailing asking if I could port because they had to go.
I don't appreciate that.
I'm not the type of person to boot someone who is doing the right thing, and I'm sure 90% of captains out there who are on public want crewmates to help sink ships.
If the crew isn't sinking the ships that you "hired" then to do by putting your ship on public, than your crew isn't needed and shouldn't get "paid" for their services. It just makes sense.
Thank you JFR for clearing it up and implementing it in the game in the future! I'm so excited!

@John Foulroberts what will be done to prevent kicking everyone before porting? Will each player get the loot that was plundered from the time they board the ship to the time that they leave?
I believe it'll be much like before where it's up to the ethics of the player to decide whether or not they'll boot someone before porting. I believe that was how the system worked prior in POTCO and I hope how they'll continue it into TLOPO. Luckily, we seem to have a good group of people who prefer not to cheat others out of equal chances to get things. :)

However, I'm sure John or someone else from TLOPO will give us a more official announcement as to how it'll work.

I remember in Potco it used to work if you got a shot off on the ship then you get the loot that drops. So realistically, if you don't participate on the ship, you get nothing from the loot pouches or chests. If that gets fixed in tlopo there will be no need for a boot option because those loot jumpers won't get any loot from not doing anything.

I remember in Potco it used to work if you got a shot off on the ship then you get the loot that drops. So realistically, if you don't participate on the ship, you get nothing from the loot pouches or chests. If that gets fixed in tlopo there will be no need for a boot option because those loot jumpers won't get any loot from not doing anything.
Agreed. Each person should only get what they work for. If they join the ship when it's at full cargo, and didn't work for anything, they get nothing.
But, perhaps there should be some script, or something, that can detect if a pirate is actively using a cannon, or repairing? Because, someone can just go AFK on a ship at the start of the run, and it would be almost as if the person was "actively participating" aboard the vessel.

Back