Suggestion Ship of the Line Class

I have the same trouble with this ship as so many others mentioned beforehand, but there's some good points about it not being overly powerful, such as Yulia said above.

I like to think of ships of the line only being possible for pirates to own if they fit in the rigors of the game, having strengths and weaknesses that still make them a challenge to navigate. The SOTL is essentially like the battleship. Those were big in WWII because of their firepower, but not too long after were ceased. Why? They had the firepower, but were simply HUGE. They were easy targets and their firepower couldn't always save them.

If we have a ship of the line here, I think it should have the same standards. Max speed 6 knots, 8 with full sail. When turning at speed, it turns at 2 knots (galleons turn at 4, so this seems quite plausible). If we're gonna have a gigantor ship in the game, it should behave like one. It would also have the aforementioned cargo, broadside, and deck capabilities. Probably should have either 4 or 5 repair slots. Appropriate health and hull armor would be applied also, as you guys find is best.

With these kind of qualities, we look and see that what will set aside this ship from others is that it cannot really be sailed appropriately solo. Most likely, it would be taking enemy firepower well enough that a crew is needed to help keep it afloat, either by sinking other ships faster or by keeping repairs up with damages taken.

I have the same trouble with this ship as so many others mentioned beforehand, but there's some good points about it not being overly powerful, such as Yulia said above.

I like to think of ships of the line only being possible for pirates to own if they fit in the rigors of the game, having strengths and weaknesses that still make them a challenge to navigate. The SOTL is essentially like the battleship. Those were big in WWII because of their firepower, but not too long after were ceased. Why? They had the firepower, but were simply HUGE. They were easy targets and their firepower couldn't always save them.

If we have a ship of the line here, I think it should have the same standards. Max speed 6 knots, 8 with full sail. When turning at speed, it turns at 2 knots (galleons turn at 4, so this seems quite plausible). If we're gonna have a gigantor ship in the game, it should behave like one. It would also have the aforementioned cargo, broadside, and deck capabilities. Probably should have either 4 or 5 repair slots. Appropriate health and hull armor would be applied also, as you guys find is best.

With these kind of qualities, we look and see that what will set aside this ship from others is that it cannot really be sailed appropriately solo. Most likely, it would be taking enemy firepower well enough that a crew is needed to help keep it afloat, either by sinking other ships faster or by keeping repairs up with damages taken.
I like the idea for speed you gave.
I think that the HP should be 18k that's roughly 1.8x the war galleon.

There should be 16 deck cannons 8 per side, that's 2 more than the war frigate. This would make player capacity be 17.

And the cargo space should be 22.

I think it should be implemented if its only slightly better than the Brig. I think it'd be awesome if its balanced.

I think if they slowed down the turn speed and the top speed all together on the Ship of the Line it could make its way into tlopo. maybe add more broadsides and armor it acts like a war brig at its current stage. Would make a very nice flagship indeed for anyone looking for a monster of a ship.. but my opinion overall is YES it can be put into TLOPO. I would slam 200k Gold on the table for it.

I think if they slowed down the turn speed and the top speed all together on the Ship of the Line it could make its way into tlopo. maybe add more broadsides and armor it acts like a war brig at its current stage. Would make a very nice flagship indeed for anyone looking for a monster of a ship.. but my opinion overall is YES it can be put into TLOPO. I would slam 200k Gold on the table for it.
I'd be down for 500k :) just need to boost dat gold cap

RAISE GOLD CAP!!
ymLSruU.gif

I know i'm late to this thread but better late than never. So i've thought about SOTL for a long time. Before ship upgrades came out on POTCO. These ships wouldnt be OP at. In fact, they would be underpowered for a while. yes they have armor and a lot of broadsides but any upgraded ship would sink a SOTL quicker than the SOTL would sink them. Broadside upgrades of course but since SOTL was never released, there is no preset amount or models for upgraded SOTL. That means that all SOTLs would be stock unless TLOPO staff make them upgradable. Now because of the size and armor, they would be very slow meaning their target would always get away or when running away, any ship will catch up to them. They're also pretty costly so there wouldnt be many of them. Not everyone upgraded their skills for max damage on broadsides so some hits might be dents or paint scratching. I honestly think SOTL would be an overhyped ship thats only gonna be popular for a few days and die out when everyone realizes theyre only amazing when used by NPC

Hello, I was wondering what you guys would think if the Admins added a Ship of the line to the shop (Like in the POTCO (Original) test servers, except that was an accident)?

NOTE: For the newer or simply clueless, The ship of the line is a War class ship with it's own special class. It only appears in: Level 4 bounty (Sailing) and in much more rare, Treasure fleets.
HMS_Victory
Battle-Royale

Ahoy red!

I agree that the ship of the line would be an amazing thing to add,
But with all the health it has, as a bounty hunter, The health would have to be lowered a few hundred-thousand.
That is if it where to be a purchasable ship in the dock.

Back