Ship Of The Line? I'll Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I think it might come out August 3, 2011. Maybe they added it on August 3, 2010 because some staff member messed up the deadline. Hopefully, it's coming tomorrow.

Edit: It's not overkill really, it can easily be sunk by hunters if with an unexperienced captain.

I definently hear you on this one, but I think It would still be awesome to have a huge ship.:eek:
Aye!

ahoy.gif
Hi there mates! I think it's time to adress one of my biggest fears on POTCO. The ability of buying a SOTL. This vessal are big and powerful yes but would a true pirate use them? No way. The Navy and the EITC having them made sound unfair but thats what its supposed to be. They always need to have the upperhand and be more challenging.

The whole point of Treasure Fleets is banding together in a rag-tag armada to overcome the deadly SOTL that takes out Frigates in a few broadsides. If pirates were granted access to it, the game would be over quickly and give less experiance to other ships. And with all that loot that will collected so easily from other ships, pirates will soon grow rich and their lives will be more easier. The SOTL in a nutshell will only make the gameplay less challenging and I pray that I will never see it on the seas.

WHO'S WITH ME!!!
ar.gif

Anyone?

Anyone?

facepalm.gif
nope, i don't agree im so tired of the old ships!!!!!!!!!! and it will come out it would be rather exciting to have a ship like that:xbones:

My two cents:

1. There is no record (that I can find) in which a pirate crew took over a Ship of the Line. They might try, but it was usually considered suicide due to the large complement of marines these ships usually carried. For the sake of keeping the game slightly realistic, it would be ridiculous to see a few dozen Ships of the Line floating around on the Caribbean.

2. Have fun being a target. SvS might be interesting when you have a ship the size of Rumrunner's Island, but EVERYONE is going to be gunning for you. Also, if you list your ship as public, good luck with all the noobs tp-ing to your ship.

3. SotL's are not by any means invincible. I was on Sabona for a fleet once, and myself plus two other war frigates managed to take out the fleet's Ship of the Line with relatively small crews. Don't hype them up to be more than they actually are.

4. Balance. If Disney wants to shoot ship combat straight down the toilet, they need to do little more than introduce the SotL. Honestly speaking, what could stand against you if you had a Ship of the Line? A fleet? Possibly, but those are few and far between. The game is already slightly out of whack with Cannon skills, but if you really want to kill ship combat, bring in a bigger ship.
william ship of the line actually ain't a bad ship! are you blind???? LOOK HOW MUCH HP THE Beast has who cares if it's a big moving target. when i was at a fleet ship of the line was left and i had full health on my ar frigate, the ship of the line was on red hp when i started to battle it it was just about sunk then i sunk! so ship of the line is powerful.

maybe there is some sort of middle-ground for those pirates who aren't exactly interested in buying sotl... I think that players are getting excited over SOTL because they want a new kind of ship, something different besides the typical sloop, galleon, frigate... in my opinion, POTCO should focus on the kinds of ships that real pirates used and try to incorporate them into the game. I would like to have a bigger ship than my war frigate, but I still want the Fleets, Qar etc. to be 'somewhat' of a challenge.

maybe there is some sort of middle-ground for those pirates who aren't exactly interested in buying sotl... I think that players are getting excited over SOTL because they want a new kind of ship, something different besides the typical sloop, galleon, frigate... in my opinion, POTCO should focus on the kinds of ships that real pirates used and try to incorporate them into the game. I would like to have a bigger ship than my war frigate, but I still want the Fleets, Qar etc. to be 'somewhat' of a challenge.
you know, bigger is always better!

alright, im with you, but the funny thing is... there was a glitch where for thirty minutes you could BUY a ship of the line for 200,000 gold. but only a few people were there with enough money to buy it. the best thing is that when Disney fixed the glitch, they let the people keep the ships of the line.:p
Reminds me of black Friday or the day after THANKSGIVING when everyone goes crazy here in the US due to their "shopping" habits :rolleyes:.

I personally think the ship's we have now are just fine. We don't need a grossly overpowered ship
that only a few pirates can afford dominating the loot, or even worse, SVS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back