Stop the Rising Red on the High Seas (04/17/13)

And also, it most likely will be available in loot afterwards (hopefully).

Unfortunately "no" as this is what is stated on the Grog Blog:
ADMIN GM Caymen Trench
admin_logo.gif

Norrington's Spyglass can only be won through this challenge, Bartholomew. See you on the high seas this weekend, mate...

:/ Wow really? REALLY!!!? We have to do a silly contest just to get this item? No quests instead? Seesh!!!! I AM SICK OF THIS ALREADY! I don't want to do some LAME!CONTEST! just to get some legendary telescope.... :furious:
:/ Wow really? REALLY!!!? We have to do a silly contest just to get this item? No quests instead? Seesh!!!! I AM SICK OF THIS ALREADY! I don't want to do some LAME!CONTEST! just to get some legendary telescope.... :furious:
I regret nothing on making this comment :D but whoever is doing the contest good luck! and please show us the awesome powers that the spyglass holds.:happy:

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing I have noticed is they have not put the time zone in, so am assuming it'll start dead on midnight in BST, then again starting again at midnight PDT etc

UPDATE: Bounty Hunter ships will NOT count toward yer winning numbers, mates
(even those employed by the Navy, such as the En-Garde, Tally-Ho, and Battle Royale).
However, the Navy's Ship of the Line, Goliath, and all other levels of Navy ships are fair game for this challenge.

As always, using glitches or cheating of any kind will disqualify you from the entire competition.

http://piratesonline.go.com/#/news_blog/entry/stop_the_rising_red_on

(even those employed by the Navy, such as the En-Garde, Tally-Ho, and Battle Royale).However, the Navy's Ship of the Line, Goliath, and all other levels of Navy ships are fair game for this challenge.

As always, using glitches or cheating of any kind will disqualify you from the entire competition.

Good, now we won't have to worry about no-reload cheaters hogging the top 50.

No, you should. They just say that to scare people. I've seen a known hacker win 3 competitions, blatantly hacking.
Ugh. In that case, I bet hackers will make up at least the top 10. Disney, if you're gonna say that, why not actually do something this time? And if you can't do anything about it, don't make empty threats... :furious:
Disney needs to use some common sense.

"The plan is simple. We kill the batman."... But really though, the only thing we really can do is keep an eye open for speed gunners and send the screens in through the "bug report" page. I don't see it being a big issue, as the hardcore players most of the time aren't these cheating types. None the less, it may occur, so we should all be alert and aware of our surroundings when plundering.

This is what it say's on their page now

Anyone using glitches or cheating will automatically be disqualified from the competition

and from the GM Roberta Roberts

April 18, 2013 11:15AM

ADMIN GM Roberta Roberts
admin_logo.gif
No matter what time zone you are in, when your Friday April 19th begins so does this challenge. When your Sunday April 21st ends, so does this challenge. Three days, seventy-two hours total of Navy-sinking opportunity.
(even those employed by the Navy, such as the En-Garde, Tally-Ho, and Battle Royale).However, the Navy's Ship of the Line, Goliath, and all other levels of Navy ships are fair game for this challenge.

I highlighted 2 statements there as they seem to contradict themselves.

En-Garde - Ship of the Line
Tally-Ho - Ship of the line
Battle Royale - Ship of the line

So do these count or do they not count? Cause I'm now confused

Last edited by a moderator:
I highlighted 2 statements there as they seem to contradict themselves.

En-Garde - Ship of the Line
Tally-Ho - Ship of the line
Battle Royale - Ship of the line

So do these count or do they not count? Cause I'm now confused
All warships don't count, meaning the Tally-ho and Battle-Royale will not count towards your score, but the remaining SOTLs do. This would include the navy treasure fleet SOTLs only. That being said, you still can sink the HMS Newcastle, HMS Invincible, and HMS Victory. Additionally, the Goliath from the Black Pearl boss battle should count, but it would be a waste of time to do the entire boss battle for just a few ships.

P.S. Sorry for all the links, lol...

P.S.S. If you are trying to disengage hunters, I believe it is possible by grappling onto a flagship and parleying it.

What are you talking about? My post has no mention of EITC ships! :rolleyes:

Ok Now Disney are playing with my mind they have just updated the site again and changed the wording.

UPDATE: Bounty Hunter ships of any type will NOT count toward yer winning numbers
All other Navy vessels of any level and type are fair game, mates

So are they saying now all ship of the lines i.e. warships now do count or are they still saying that the Tally-ho, En-Garde and Battle Royale are classed as a form of bounty hunter?

Back