Guide Swash's guide for looting guaranteed famed.

Has this method worked for you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Swash Davey Hart Buckler

Pirate Apprentice
Ahoy there mateys!
Are you tired of chunking grenades for 4-5 hours at South idol just to get trash Skull chests?
Are you tired of fishing for hours, just for parrot fish to keep stealing your lures?
Are you not getting enough famed or legendary for the work that you put in?
If you said yes to any of these, then we have just the right stuff for you... for only $29.99 + s&h...
jk... back to the topic.

I have been in the same ragged boot as you guys, as i cannot stand fishing for more than 10 minutes at a time, but i do want some shiny famed and Lost sword of el patron. Nevertheless i do not want to spend 20% of my day in catching virtual fishes.

Recently i stumbled upon a technique which dramatically boost your chances to get famed from fishing, and shows results within minutes! i have been testing this method for the past week, but i have only recorded the results from my last 2 tries because i wasn't sure before if this method is consistent.

As show in the screenshot shown below, i have recorded the time i started fishing, which was at 5:34 AM
m1.png

And sure enough, here we have my 1st famed of the day at 5:38 AM, within 4 minutes! not bad eh
d1.png
d2.png

Fast forward 21 minutes, we have the 2nd famed of the day! Alas its a repeat. 2 famed in 25 minutes of work! Not bad at all eh?

d3.jpg

I was pity sure my streak would continue, because i had made sure i had high enough chance of getting good loot so i kept continued fishing.
d4.jpg

And here we have Lost sword at 6:16 AM, within 40 minutes of me starting fishing!
So how did i foreshadowed my luck and record my initial time...?

I wanted to further validate my findings and told few fellow pirates to test it with me the next day. so here we have me starting fishing at 4:01 AM, and sure enough we have our famed within 20 minutes! And the mateys also found their respective famed within 30 minutes using my method.

d6.png
d7.jpg

So whats the trick you ask?? It's a simple 2 step process that substantially increases your odds of obtaining famed or even a legendary while fishing. All you have to do is put in couple hours of work. so here it is.

Step 1: The main idea behind the method is for you to you get as much bad luck with loot as possible in the beginning, which will enhance your chances of getting better loot as time goes by. We will be hoping to get as many trash skull chest possible, to increase our odds. What better place to get those other than South Idol? we all know that place is famous for dropping Skull chests like peanuts, but most of them are trash anyway.

This will work as our advantage, The longer you stay and the more skull chest you get denotes to the higher chances of getting good haul in fishing, but within minutes, so you don't have to waste hours fishing.
I have been putting the trick to test for a about a week, and been looting at south idol for varied time span such as for 30 minutes, 1 hour and 2 hour.
[EDIT] Try to stay untill you get atleast 15 or more skull chests. (15+ is recommended for this method to be effective)
[EDIT] Further testing has revealed that, 15+ skull chests is not compulsory, but looting for at least 1 hour 30 minutes is highly recommended, and has produced consistent results.
Step 2: After you have spent some time at south idol, and hopefully you have seen decent amount of trash skull chest, if you have gotten famed, which is less likely for most of us in such short time, bully for ya! if not lets go catch some fish.

Some Important notes to consider for effectiveness of this method:

• Fish on the same server as you were looting on.
  • Only use regular lure.
  • I have gotten consistent results fishing at Padres Del fuego. If you fancy fishing at other place, then its up to you.
  • Once you start fishing, you must stay in the same spot for at least an hour, if you did not find anything good, then you can switch spot on your ship ( i have gotten famed within few fishes after switching spot)
  • Make sure to stock up on lures before you start fishing, going to town to restock might reset your chances.
  • Try to catch all large fish, but prioritize Coelacanth and Sand tiger shark as most of the loots within minutes has been from those 2.
  • Your odds of getting famed while fishing solely depends on the number of trash skull chests you get, thus the longer you loot, the more skull chests will drop for you!
  • LV 20 fishing is recommended for this method to work.
  • Crashing while looting does not affect your chances as long as you stay in one constant server. However crashing while fishing may have a slight affect on your odds of getting famed ( i have managed to get 3 famed after a crash)
  • If you manage to get famed while looting at step 1, you still maybe able to get famed while fishing, given you stay long enough and get considerable amount of trash skull chest to subdue your previous winning.
  • [EDIT]Any place with high skull chest drop rate, such as South Idol and Gold room are recommended for this method to work.
  • [EDIT] It seems crashing while fishing may affect your probability to get famed, it takes a bit longer than usual.
  • [EDIT] The large fishes at the way bottom seems to have high probability to drop good loot.
  • [EDIT] Regarding whether to pick up loot or ignore them, for me i pick up all cards/golds while looting and it has never made a difference in chance of getting famed/legendary. It is entirely upto you if you want to loot or ignore.

I have been utilizing my method for 5 days, and since then, below is all the loot i have hauled from fishing. most have been caught within 20 minutes, and the maxed i have fished for is 1 hour, looting at least 1 famed per day.
I will try this method once everyday and keep you posted with the results to validate it's consistency.

Please join the effort and try this method for yourself. Make sure to share your results as we validate this further!

[EDIT] Keep up with this post as i will be documenting any new findings as we work to validate this method further.

Fare winds mateys and may the RNGJesus watch over you!

ATTENTION!

Please read through the entire guide if you have any question regarding the methodology, i have made my best efforts to cover every specific detail about the mechanics of this method.
If you still have any questions or concerns, feel free to post it here and i'll reach out too you.

There has been far too many individuals jumping to conclusion because this method seems not to be working for them, partly because some of them are lvl 24 with fishing lvl 8 -_-
Please be advised if it doesn't seem to be rewarding you at first, then try another day.Just because this has worked for me on almost all attempts, this doesn't spontaneously means it will work for everybody else on every attempt. Also just because this hasn't worked for you, that doesn't mean this will not work for others.

Last edited:
e3.jpg edgtrtreyye.jpg ffhgf.jpg report12.jpg screenshot_2017-06-13_19-22-48.jpg yrtyrtytytyrt - Copy.jpg

AAAAAAADDD.jpg sssssdddddd.jpg View attachment 85439

These are also looted using this method, but couldn't post it in thread due to posting limit of only 10 images

Results from 06/24/2017
started fishing at 4:01 AM got famed within 19 minutes
http://imgur.com/a/oQhcy

Results from 06/25/2017
Started fishing at 3:15 AM, looted at south idol for about 1:30 hours, followed by fishing for 1:30 hours, got 3 famed and few rare navigation tools.
http://imgur.com/a/5fay7

Results from 06/26/2017
Started fishing at 2:22 AM, got famed within 12 minutes, as well as some rare rams
This method has been producing consistent results for over a week now!
http://imgur.com/a/rMlfv

Results from 06/27/2017
Started fishing at 2:59 AM, got 1st famed with 12 mins, 2nd famed in 50 mins
http://imgur.com/a/X81bK

Results from 07/01/2017
Started at 4:36 AM, got 1st famed within 23 mins
http://imgur.com/a/gVUov

Results from 07/02/2017
Tried the method twice, on first try took 50 mins to get first famed, also later at night, got 2 famed.
started fishing at 7:13 AM, famed within 50 mins.
http://imgur.com/a/vowT4
http://imgur.com/a/BjNN5

Results from 07/04/2017
Started fishing at 8:43 PM, got famed within 21 mins
http://imgur.com/a/f4ZGG

Results from 07/08/2017
started fishing at 10:46 PM, got famed within 6 mins
http://imgur.com/a/HIDfC

Results from 07/10/2017
started fishing at 1:15 AM, got famed within 1 hour 5 mins :/
http://imgur.com/a/qxjZg

Results from 07/14/2017
started fishing at 12:34 AM, got lost sword legendary within 22 mins, another famed within 48 mins
http://imgur.com/a/wYXCZ

Last edited:
The cannon rams worked today after testing by removing them from the Item box, firing shots and then placing it back. There was definitely a difference in points per shot.

was there a damage difference did u test that?
Have to correct this- The Sea Chart was working, not the cannon ram. Don't remember the numbers but the times when it was not used I recall it took more shots to drop level 30+ ships and turning there was a large difference.

Swash Davey Hart Buckler -finally have 3 hour play time and will give your post a try. Thanks for taking the time to test and post.

Have to correct this- The Sea Chart was working, not the cannon ram. Don't remember the numbers but the times when it was not used I recall it took more shots to drop level 30+ ships and turning there was a large difference.

Swash Davey Hart Buckler -finally have 3 hour play time and will give your post a try. Thanks for taking the time to test and post.
Good luck matey, keep us posted with the results!

Bueno guide. Where do you recommend us pirates fish exactly? Where has been your to go spot?
I myself fish exclusively at padres del fuego

Ahoy there mateys!
Are you tired of chunking grenades for 4-5 hours at South idol just to get trash Skull chests?
Are you tired of fishing for hours, just for parrot fish to keep stealing your lures?
Are you not getting enough famed or legendary for the work that you put in?
If you said yes to any of these, then we have just the right stuff for you... for only $29.99 + s&h...
jk... back to the topic.

I have been in the same ragged boot as you guys, as i cannot stand fishing for more than 10 minutes at a time, but i do want some shiny famed and Lost sword of el patron. Nevertheless i do not want to spend 20% of my day in catching virtual fishes.

Recently i stumbled upon a technique which dramatically boost your chances to get famed from fishing, and shows results within minutes! i have been testing this method for the past week, but i have only recorded the results from my last 2 tries because i wasn't sure before if this method is consistent.

As show in the screenshot shown below, i have recorded the time i started fishing, which was at 5:34 AM
View attachment 85423

And sure enough, here we have my 1st famed of the day at 5:38 AM, within 4 minutes! not bad eh
View attachment 85424 View attachment 85425

Fast forward 21 minutes, we have the 2nd famed of the day! Alas its a repeat. 2 famed in 25 minutes of work! Not bad at all eh?
View attachment 85445

I was pity sure my streak would continue, because i had made sure i had high enough chance of getting good loot so i kept continued fishing.
View attachment 85427

And here we have Lost sword at 6:16 AM, within 40 minutes of me starting fishing!
So how did i foreshadowed my luck and record my initial time...?

I wanted to further validate my findings and told few fellow pirates to test it with me the next day. so here we have me starting fishing at 4:01 AM, and sure enough we have our famed within 20 minutes! And the mateys also found their respective famed within 30 minutes using my method.

View attachment 85428 View attachment 85429

So whats the trick you ask?? It's a simple 2 step process that substantially increases your odds of obtaining famed or even a legendary while fishing. All you have to do is put in couple hours of work. so here it is.

Step 1: The main idea behind the method is for you to you get as much bad luck with loot as possible in the beginning, which will enhance your chances of getting better loot as time goes by. We will be hoping to get as many trash skull chest possible, to increase our odds. What better place to get those other than South Idol? we all know that place is famous for dropping Skull chests like peanuts, but most of them are trash anyway.

This will work as our advantage, The longer you stay and the more skull chest you get denotes to the higher chances of getting good haul in fishing, but within minutes, so you don't have to waste hours fishing.
I have been putting the trick to test for a about a week, and been looting at south idol for varied time span such as for 30 minutes, 1 hour and 2 hour.

Step 2: After you have spent some time at south idol, and hopefully you have seen decent amount of trash skull chest, if you have gotten famed, which is less likely for most of us in such short time, bully for ya! if not lets go catch some fish.

Some Important notes to consider for effectiveness of this method:

• Fish on the same server as you were looting on.
  • Only use regular lure.
  • I have gotten consistent results fishing at Padres Del fuego. If you fancy fishing at other place, then its up to you.
  • Once you start fishing, you must stay in the same spot for at least an hour, if you did not find anything good, then you can switch spot on your ship ( i have gotten famed within few fishes after switching spot)
  • Make sure to stock up on lures before you start fishing, going to town to restock might reset your chances.
  • Try to catch all large fish, but prioritize Coelenterate and Sand tiger shark as most of the loots within minutes has been from those 2.
  • Your odds of getting famed while fishing solely depends on the number of trash skull chests you get, thus the longer you loot, the more skull chests will drop for you!

I have been utilizing my method for 5 days, and since, below is all the loot i have hauled from fishing. most have been caught within 20 minutes, and the maxed i have fished for is 1 hour looting at least 1 famed per day.
I will try this method once everyday and keep you posted with the results to validate it's consistency.

Please join the effort and try this method for yourself. Make sure to share your results as we validate this further!

Fare winds mateys and may the RNGJesus watch over you!

So as someone who hasn't play much of the newer one where is south idol ? No clue what that means or where that's even at thanks

Does this still work if you crash at anytime, or do you have to restart the process?
I have crashed multiple times while doing this method, and as far i can tell, crashing does not affect your chances while looting, although it may have a slight affect if you crash while fishing because you will be forced to choose a new fishing spot.

So as someone who hasn't play much of the newer one where is south idol ? No clue what that means or where that's even at thanks
South idol is commonly referred to the looting spot in El patron's mine, which you can access via a glitch route, there are several videos on youtube showing you multiples ways to get there.

A little confused on how this works. You have to get "trash skulls", but that is subjective so I can't see how it would effect the loot. Do you mean to say you have to get skulls and not loot them? So like when I'm farming at South Idol am I not allowed to take the loot I get or does that not matter?

Back