Guide Swash's guide for looting guaranteed famed.

Has this method worked for you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ahoy there mateys!
Are you tired of chunking grenades for 4-5 hours at South idol just to get trash Skull chests?
Are you tired of fishing for hours, just for parrot fish to keep stealing your lures?
Are you not getting enough famed or legendary for the work that you put in?
If you said yes to any of these, then we have just the right stuff for you... for only $29.99 + s&h...
jk... back to the topic.

I have been in the same ragged boot as you guys, as i cannot stand fishing for more than 10 minutes at a time, but i do want some shiny famed and Lost sword of el patron. Nevertheless i do not want to spend 20% of my day in catching virtual fishes.

Recently i stumbled upon a technique which dramatically boost your chances to get famed from fishing, and shows results within minutes! i have been testing this method for the past week, but i have only recorded the results from my last 2 tries because i wasn't sure before if this method is consistent.

As show in the screenshot shown below, i have recorded the time i started fishing, which was at 5:34 AM
View attachment 85423

And sure enough, here we have my 1st famed of the day at 5:38 AM, within 4 minutes! not bad eh
View attachment 85424 View attachment 85425

Fast forward 21 minutes, we have the 2nd famed of the day! Alas its a repeat. 2 famed in 25 minutes of work! Not bad at all eh?

View attachment 85611

I was pity sure my streak would continue, because i had made sure i had high enough chance of getting good loot so i kept continued fishing.
View attachment 85427

And here we have Lost sword at 6:16 AM, within 40 minutes of me starting fishing!
So how did i foreshadowed my luck and record my initial time...?

I wanted to further validate my findings and told few fellow pirates to test it with me the next day. so here we have me starting fishing at 4:01 AM, and sure enough we have our famed within 20 minutes! And the mateys also found their respective famed within 30 minutes using my method.

View attachment 85428 View attachment 85429

So whats the trick you ask?? It's a simple 2 step process that substantially increases your odds of obtaining famed or even a legendary while fishing. All you have to do is put in couple hours of work. so here it is.

Step 1: The main idea behind the method is for you to you get as much bad luck with loot as possible in the beginning, which will enhance your chances of getting better loot as time goes by. We will be hoping to get as many trash skull chest possible, to increase our odds. What better place to get those other than South Idol? we all know that place is famous for dropping Skull chests like peanuts, but most of them are trash anyway.

This will work as our advantage, The longer you stay and the more skull chest you get denotes to the higher chances of getting good haul in fishing, but within minutes, so you don't have to waste hours fishing.
I have been putting the trick to test for a about a week, and been looting at south idol for varied time span such as for 30 minutes, 1 hour and 2 hour.Try to stay untill you get atleast 15 or more skull chests. (15+ is recommended for this method to be effective)
[EDIT] Further testing has revealed that, 15+ skull chests is not compulsory, but looting for at least 1 hour 30 minutes is highly recommended, and has produced consistent results.
Step 2: After you have spent some time at south idol, and hopefully you have seen decent amount of trash skull chest, if you have gotten famed, which is less likely for most of us in such short time, bully for ya! if not lets go catch some fish.

Some Important notes to consider for effectiveness of this method:

• Fish on the same server as you were looting on.
  • Only use regular lure.
  • I have gotten consistent results fishing at Padres Del fuego. If you fancy fishing at other place, then its up to you.
  • Once you start fishing, you must stay in the same spot for at least an hour, if you did not find anything good, then you can switch spot on your ship ( i have gotten famed within few fishes after switching spot)
  • Make sure to stock up on lures before you start fishing, going to town to restock might reset your chances.
  • Try to catch all large fish, but prioritize Coelenterate and Sand tiger shark as most of the loots within minutes has been from those 2.
  • Your odds of getting famed while fishing solely depends on the number of trash skull chests you get, thus the longer you loot, the more skull chests will drop for you!
  • LV 20 fishing is recommended for this method to work.
  • Crashing while looting does not affect your chances as long as you stay in one constant server. However crashing while fishing may have a slight affect on your odds of getting famed ( i have managed to get 3 famed after a crash)
  • If you manage to get famed while looting at step 1, you still maybe able to get famed while fishing, given you stay long enough and get considerable amount of trash skull chest to subdue your previous winning.
  • [EDIT]Any place with high skull chest drop rate, such as South Idol and Gold room are recommended for this method to work.
  • [EDIT] It seems crashing while fishing may affect your probability to get famed, it takes a bit longer than usual.
  • [EDIT] The large fishes at the way bottom seems to have high probability to drop good loot.

I have been utilizing my method for 5 days, and since then, below is all the loot i have hauled from fishing. most have been caught within 20 minutes, and the maxed i have fished for is 1 hour, looting at least 1 famed per day.
I will try this method once everyday and keep you posted with the results to validate it's consistency.

Please join the effort and try this method for yourself. Make sure to share your results as we validate this further!

[EDIT] Keep up with this post as i will be documenting any new findings as we work to validate this method further.

Fare winds mateys and may the RNGJesus watch over you!

Did you loot all the things that you got or did you not pick up anything?

intesrting...people yell about how traiding will make famed weapons and stuff mean nothing but following this guide can give anyone a famed weapon..whats the diffrence then following a guide for everyone getting a famed or traiding and getting a famed?

Kind of jumping the gun considering this is still largely an unproven theory. However, having said that, the anecdotal evidence does seem strong. I ended up getting a Great Hawk Sabre and Brigadier's Broadsword within 20 minutes of fishing after a lengthy fiasco at south idol. I posted the screenshots on the brights & famed thread around page 105 I believe. And to top it off, one was looted from a sand tiger shark, and the other from a coelacanth -- the two fishies specifically advised to prioritize in the guide. It's about as close to solid evidence as we can get. I'd need to do more testing to make a conclusion though. It could have just been a fantastical coincidence.

Last edited:
Kind of jumping the gun considering this is still largely an unproven theory. However, having said that, the anecdotal evidence does seem strong. I ended up getting a Great Hawk Sabre and Brigadier's Broadsword within 20 minutes of fishing after a lengthy fiasco at south idol. I posted the screenshots on the brights & famed thread around page 105 I believe. And to top it off, one was looted from a sand tiger shark, and the other from a coelacanth -- the two fishies specifically advised to prioritize in the guide. It's about as close to solid evidence as we can get. I'd need to do more testing to make a conclusion though. It could have just been a fantastical coincidence.
I do agree the anecdotal evidence is strong for the method, however I think the fish thing is simply because coelecanths and tiger sharks are more common, thus more people get famed from them. The majority of my famed item drops in fishing come from the marlins (sword fish) personally.

I do agree the anecdotal evidence is strong for the method, however I think the fish thing is simply because coelecanths and tiger sharks are more common, thus more people get famed from them. The majority of my famed item drops in fishing come from the marlins (sword fish) personally.

Glad it has worked for you Wilyjames, and congratulations.

It has been now about a month since i started documenting the results for my method, which i have posted here;
https://piratesforums.co/threads/swashs-guide-for-looting-guaranteed-famed.20019/#post-278055

Calling this simply as coincidence or anecdotal evidence at this stage is very discouraging since all the results indicate that most of the famed and or legendary has been within 30 mins of fishing! coincidence? i think not. There has been at least 4 other individuals who have gotten Legendaries following this method.
At least i have done my best effort to provide hard evidence and well documented it ( i cant say the exact for the one other looting method around, which hasn't even tried to back its claim and provide any hard proof :p)
I can definitely say there aren't many who will claim that they get famed within minutes every time they fish.
In fact i know plenty who have gone without 5 to 10 hours, pulling out all nighters and come out empty handed without getting any famed.
I myself play max 3 hours a every now and then, and i average about 2 famed on almost every attempt. While the other profound looters of our community spend quite a considerably amount of time on looting.

I specifically formulated this method for those individuals who do not have enough time on their hands to loot and also those who hate fishing with all their passion. What this method allows you do to is looting guaranteed famed within 2-3 hours of mild activity ( we all know fishing for 4-5 hours is torture) and still get all the goodies that they ever wanted.

The evidence is clear as crystal here, it is upto the community to follow through this method, if not then do as they please, they are free to judge its credibility however they wish to.

~Swash

Glad it has worked for you Wilyjames, and congratulations.

It has been now about a month since i started documenting the results for my method, which i have posted here;
https://piratesforums.co/threads/swashs-guide-for-looting-guaranteed-famed.20019/#post-278055

Calling this simply as coincidence or anecdotal evidence at this stage is very discouraging since all the results indicate that most of the famed and or legendary has been within 30 mins of fishing! coincidence? i think not. There has been at least 4 other individuals who have gotten Legendaries following this method.
At least i have done my best effort to provide hard evidence and well documented it ( i cant say the exact for the one other looting method around, which hasn't even tried to back its claim and provide any hard proof :p)
I can definitely say there aren't many who will claim that they get famed within minutes every time they fish.
In fact i know plenty who have gone without 5 to 10 hours, pulling out all nighters and come out empty handed without getting any famed.
I myself play max 3 hours a every now and then, and i average about 2 famed on almost every attempt. While the other profound looters of our community spend quite a considerably amount of time on looting.

I specifically formulated this method for those individuals who do not have enough time on their hands to loot and also those who hate fishing with all their passion. What this method allows you do to is looting guaranteed famed within 2-3 hours of mild activity ( we all know fishing for 4-5 hours is torture) and still get all the goodies that they ever wanted.

The evidence is clear as crystal here, it is upto the community to follow through this method, if not then do as they please, they are free to judge its credibility however they wish to.

~Swash
Apologies, I don't mean to be discouraging. I personally believe this method works, as it works for me pretty much every time (provided I actually can get skull chests to drop -_-), and it has netted me a fair amount of famed. I have spoken to friends that claim it is ludicrous but there are always people that will deny anything works. Thanks for the method Swash, I am glad to have found it!

Apologies, I don't mean to be discouraging. I personally believe this method works, as it works for me pretty much every time (provided I actually can get skull chests to drop -_-), and it has netted me a fair amount of famed. I have spoken to friends that claim it is ludicrous but there are always people that will deny anything works. Thanks for the method Swash, I am glad to have found it!

Oh i did not meant it directly at you to be discouraging, it's just the general vibe of the community response has been somewhat dull. Even though i have done my best to back my claims with hard evidence. Still very kind of you to address it, you have my respect!
On other notes, it seems that if you get minimum of about 5-8 skull chest regardless if they are trash or not, it still works out, granted if you stay looting for about 1.30-2 hours.

Oh i did not meant it directly at you to be discouraging, it's just the general vibe of the community response has been somewhat dull. Even though i have done my best to back my claims with hard evidence. Still very kind of you to address it, you have my respect!
On other notes, it seems that if you get minimum of about 5-8 skull chest regardless if they are trash or not, it still works out, granted if you stay looting for about 1.30-2 hours.
Yeah I usually have to go to darkhart, south idol doesn't drop me those skulls everyone says they drop :/
Regardless, if I do stay long enough for a decent chunk of skulls then fishing can be quite rewarding! I snagged 4 famed the other day, one of them being vice admiral's cutlass after looting at darkhart for a while. I'm sorry the community reaction has been lackluster, but honestly I'd say the reaction has been pretty good considering most won't believe in looting methods regardless of evidence, it's just stuck in their head that the loot is coded in as pure RNG.
I honestly don't understand how Charles' looting method is more widely accepted than yours, I can say for certain that his looting method doesn't do anything for me; yours on the other hand, does.

Another interesting pattern I've picked up on is certain weapon lines being prevalent in certain areas. For example, I have gotten around 5 foul bane repeaters and 2 blunderbusses from south idol, within a relatively short time period. I've also seen someone get the fullmoon special repeater there. Little things like this lead me to believe loot is at least somewhat controlled. Mostly RNG, with a slightly predictable, built in pattern. I'm going to continue testing this method and post my findings.

Another interesting pattern I've picked up on is certain weapon lines being prevalent in certain areas. For example, I have gotten around 5 foul bane repeaters and 2 blunderbusses from south idol, within a relatively short time period. I've also seen someone get the fullmoon special repeater there. Little things like this lead me to believe loot is at least somewhat controlled. Mostly RNG, with a slightly predictable, built in pattern. I'm going to continue testing this method and post my findings.
Interesting observation, to add on to your suspicion of guns being the more prevalent item at south idol, I actually got a master crafted repeater there. One of my two famed drops there excluding golden charm.

I already have the vice admiral's sabre :\

Still cool though. Here's the latest proof.
screenshot_2017-07-14_20-40-15.jpg

Ahoy there mateys!
Are you tired of chunking grenades for 4-5 hours at South idol just to get trash Skull chests?
Are you tired of fishing for hours, just for parrot fish to keep stealing your lures?
Are you not getting enough famed or legendary for the work that you put in?
If you said yes to any of these, then we have just the right stuff for you... for only $29.99 + s&h...
jk... back to the topic.

I have been in the same ragged boot as you guys, as i cannot stand fishing for more than 10 minutes at a time, but i do want some shiny famed and Lost sword of el patron. Nevertheless i do not want to spend 20% of my day in catching virtual fishes.

Recently i stumbled upon a technique which dramatically boost your chances to get famed from fishing, and shows results within minutes! i have been testing this method for the past week, but i have only recorded the results from my last 2 tries because i wasn't sure before if this method is consistent.

As show in the screenshot shown below, i have recorded the time i started fishing, which was at 5:34 AM
View attachment 85423

And sure enough, here we have my 1st famed of the day at 5:38 AM, within 4 minutes! not bad eh
View attachment 85424 View attachment 85425

Fast forward 21 minutes, we have the 2nd famed of the day! Alas its a repeat. 2 famed in 25 minutes of work! Not bad at all eh?

View attachment 85611

I was pity sure my streak would continue, because i had made sure i had high enough chance of getting good loot so i kept continued fishing.
View attachment 85427

And here we have Lost sword at 6:16 AM, within 40 minutes of me starting fishing!
So how did i foreshadowed my luck and record my initial time...?

I wanted to further validate my findings and told few fellow pirates to test it with me the next day. so here we have me starting fishing at 4:01 AM, and sure enough we have our famed within 20 minutes! And the mateys also found their respective famed within 30 minutes using my method.

View attachment 85428 View attachment 85429

So whats the trick you ask?? It's a simple 2 step process that substantially increases your odds of obtaining famed or even a legendary while fishing. All you have to do is put in couple hours of work. so here it is.

Step 1: The main idea behind the method is for you to you get as much bad luck with loot as possible in the beginning, which will enhance your chances of getting better loot as time goes by. We will be hoping to get as many trash skull chest possible, to increase our odds. What better place to get those other than South Idol? we all know that place is famous for dropping Skull chests like peanuts, but most of them are trash anyway.

This will work as our advantage, The longer you stay and the more skull chest you get denotes to the higher chances of getting good haul in fishing, but within minutes, so you don't have to waste hours fishing.
I have been putting the trick to test for a about a week, and been looting at south idol for varied time span such as for 30 minutes, 1 hour and 2 hour.
[EDIT] Try to stay untill you get atleast 15 or more skull chests. (15+ is recommended for this method to be effective)
[EDIT] Further testing has revealed that, 15+ skull chests is not compulsory, but looting for at least 1 hour 30 minutes is highly recommended, and has produced consistent results.
Step 2: After you have spent some time at south idol, and hopefully you have seen decent amount of trash skull chest, if you have gotten famed, which is less likely for most of us in such short time, bully for ya! if not lets go catch some fish.

Some Important notes to consider for effectiveness of this method:

• Fish on the same server as you were looting on.
  • Only use regular lure.
  • I have gotten consistent results fishing at Padres Del fuego. If you fancy fishing at other place, then its up to you.
  • Once you start fishing, you must stay in the same spot for at least an hour, if you did not find anything good, then you can switch spot on your ship ( i have gotten famed within few fishes after switching spot)
  • Make sure to stock up on lures before you start fishing, going to town to restock might reset your chances.
  • Try to catch all large fish, but prioritize Coelacanth and Sand tiger shark as most of the loots within minutes has been from those 2.
  • Your odds of getting famed while fishing solely depends on the number of trash skull chests you get, thus the longer you loot, the more skull chests will drop for you!
  • LV 20 fishing is recommended for this method to work.
  • Crashing while looting does not affect your chances as long as you stay in one constant server. However crashing while fishing may have a slight affect on your odds of getting famed ( i have managed to get 3 famed after a crash)
  • If you manage to get famed while looting at step 1, you still maybe able to get famed while fishing, given you stay long enough and get considerable amount of trash skull chest to subdue your previous winning.
  • [EDIT]Any place with high skull chest drop rate, such as South Idol and Gold room are recommended for this method to work.
  • [EDIT] It seems crashing while fishing may affect your probability to get famed, it takes a bit longer than usual.
  • [EDIT] The large fishes at the way bottom seems to have high probability to drop good loot.
  • [EDIT] Regarding whether to pick up loot or ignore them, for me i pick up all cards/golds while looting and it has never made a difference in chance of getting famed/legendary. It is entirely upto you if you want to loot or ignore.

I have been utilizing my method for 5 days, and since then, below is all the loot i have hauled from fishing. most have been caught within 20 minutes, and the maxed i have fished for is 1 hour, looting at least 1 famed per day.
I will try this method once everyday and keep you posted with the results to validate it's consistency.

Please join the effort and try this method for yourself. Make sure to share your results as we validate this further!

[EDIT] Keep up with this post as i will be documenting any new findings as we work to validate this method further.

Fare winds mateys and may the RNGJesus watch over you!

ATTENTION!

Please read through the entire guide if you have any question regarding the methodology, i have made my best efforts to cover every specific detail about the mechanics of this method.
If you still have any questions or concerns, feel free to post it here and i'll reach out too you.

There has been far too many individuals jumping to conclusion because this method seems not to be working for them, partly because some of them are lvl 24 with fishing lvl 8 -_-
Please be advised if it doesn't seem to be rewarding you at first, then try another day.Just because this has worked for me on almost all attempts, this doesn't spontaneously means it will work for everybody else on every attempt. Also just because this hasn't worked for you, that doesn't mean this will not work for others.

ill have to try this method (つ˵•́ω•̀˵)つ━☆゚.*・。゚҉̛༽̨҉҉ノ

A little confused on how this works. You have to get "trash skulls", but that is subjective so I can't see how it would effect the loot. Do you mean to say you have to get skulls and not loot them? So like when I'm farming at South Idol am I not allowed to take the loot I get or does that not matter?
Do not accept any loot, unless it is something you truly want. Do not bother accepting gold, cards, etc.

Well rip to this method

2017-7-19 tlopo-rc-1.3.4

Bugfixes

• Corrected an issue with Treasure Sense not calculating properly.
  • Fixed an issue with certain ammo types not dropping.
  • Fixed an issue with returning the correct number of skill points upon skill retrain.
  • Fixed "knockdown" skills so they properly prevent the avatar from attacking.
  • Fixed loot rates for fishing - they should reflect values on land now and not return astronomical amounts of famed and legendary items!

Back