Guide Swash's guide for looting guaranteed famed.

Has this method worked for you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A little confused on how this works. You have to get "trash skulls", but that is subjective so I can't see how it would effect the loot. Do you mean to say you have to get skulls and not loot them? So like when I'm farming at South Idol am I not allowed to take the loot I get or does that not matter?
well the running theory here that ive seen is a combination of the 2. this guide specifically seems to refer to receiving skull chests without decent items in it.

however going by the method listed by a poster who shall not be named :p ( @Charles Warmonk ) it would imply no items should be removed from any container that is not a famed drop to increase chance

meaning if either of these methods are whole and true some internal system exists that boosts the chance of getting a good drop by not taking any loot from containers.

i may log in and try this method out later tonight

well the running theory here that ive seen is a combination of the 2. this guide specifically seems to refer to receiving skull chests without decent items in it.

I had been under the same impression since day 1, the day i started looting all golds/crads i got silver freeze from south idol.
This was due to since Tlopo team rebuilt the loot system from ground up, they might not have coded in way that not looting items increased your % of getting better loot.

But then again i experienced on more than few occasions, while i was testing my method, if i get repeat famed and i decided not to pick it up, the following loot was of better quality, and there was definitely some boost in better loot %.
So it led me to theorize that picking up random loots had no affect on my % of getting better loot, however not picking up famed did indeed had a affect on the quality of next loot? This is how i got my hands on El patron's lost sword, and few other famed, but obviously this requires further testing.

I have decided to take indefinite break from Tlopo due to recent events, but the community should feel free to test it themselves and share the results.

This guide fails to realize loot is purely algorithmic and RNG based. Everyone and their mother has a different way of looting. Obviously, if there was a method that would produce obscenely high results by sticking to a system, it would be removed.

Claiming "guaranteed" famed by getting trash loot, fishing certain areas, and even to an extent targeting certain fish is honestly just plain naive.

Again, fishing is already pretty dumbly advantageous for famed, you really don't need a "system" to loot famed. Conservesly, just because something produces lots of famed, does not mean it is repeatable and certainly does not mean it "guaranteed".

This guide fails to realize loot is purely algorithmic and RNG based. Everyone and their mother has a different way of looting. Obviously, if there was a method that would produce obscenely high results by sticking to a system, it would be removed.

Claiming "guaranteed" famed by getting trash loot, fishing certain areas, and even to an extent targeting certain fish is honestly just plain naive.

Again, fishing is already pretty dumbly advantageous for famed, you really don't need a "system" to loot famed. Conservesly, just because something produces lots of famed, does not mean it is repeatable and certainly does not mean it "guaranteed".
Nice, can you show me the source code that lets you know it is 100% purely RNG with no form of modifier whatsoever? Your claim has no more credibility than his does.

fameone.jpg

I gave it a go...went to South Idol first. This was after about 15 minutes of fishing so it may be a coinincidence but I'll sure take it.

Last edited:
Nice, can you show me the source code that lets you know it is 100% purely RNG with no form of modifier whatsoever? Your claim has no more credibility than his does.
You're absolutely right I have no evidence. I just think if you look at the situation logically you have to realize there is no system.

Think of the stock market. The stock market works exactly like loot. Sure, you can look at past history to gain an accurate idea of what happened. And sure, if you follow this exact idea you might see results, but the absolutely crucial thing to realize is, you can't predict future success on past success, simple as that. I shutter to imagine a game where the devs include a built in sure fire to increase better loot drops, think about what would happen if it did, loot would become meaningless.

Sure I have 0 evidence, but it doesn't take too much thinking to start to realize the fallacy associated with loot methods. Again, look at the sheer number of "methods" out there.

I have based my claims upon hours of documented evidence, which i have provided. For me this has worked out consistently and several others who have helped compile the data, but it is upto every individual who actually follows through this method, to judge its credibility.
https://piratesforums.co/threads/swashs-guide-for-looting-guaranteed-famed.20019/#post-278055

You're absolutely right I have no evidence. I just think if you look at the situation logically you have to realize there is no system.

Think of the stock market. The stock market works exactly like loot. Sure, you can look at past history to gain an accurate idea of what happened. And sure, if you follow this exact idea you might see results, but the absolutely crucial thing to realize is, you can't predict future success on past success, simple as that. I shutter to imagine a game where the devs include a built in sure fire to increase better loot drops, think about what would happen if it did, loot would become meaningless.

Sure I have 0 evidence, but it doesn't take too much thinking to start to realize the fallacy associated with loot methods. Again, look at the sheer number of "methods" out there.

Every individual has the choice to give this a try or not. If it does not works for one, that dose not spontaneously means, it does not works for everybody else Anecdotal fallacies like this has no logical reason whatsoever without a factual evidence.
Stock market dynamics are highly debatable if it's random or cyclic, just like loots system is debatable if there is any pattern to it or is it pure randomness. Every individual has there own mindset about this and they are free to do so.
Constructive criticism are welcome, but any effort to influence other's beliefs and keeping them from practicing their choice is a bit too shabby.

Last edited:
I feel like this is a placebo effect of fishing. Fishing seems to have the highest chance of obtaining rare items. I have fished and gotten all my fames through fishing(without this method). It doesn't seems to be affected by loot skulls or anything like that, its the mere illusion and coincidence that made up that theory.

I feel like this is a placebo effect of fishing. Fishing seems to have the highest chance of obtaining rare items. I have fished and gotten all my fames through fishing(without this method). It doesn't seems to be affected by loot skulls or anything like that, its the mere illusion and coincidence that made up that theory.

Any looting method can be seen as placebo as most believe loot drops are pure randomness and algorithmic.
The main idea of this thread to decipher if there is a pattern to it. I have gone fishing for 4-5 hours without getting a single famed, but with my method, i have been consistently getting famed within 5-10 minutes.
Thank you for sharing your opinion as i am also a firm believer of formidable effects of placebo!
But hey whatever mojo mumbo jumbo is going on here, atleast i am getting famed in little work. As long as this is consistently producing results,me as well as my fellow pirates will continue having faith in this method.

Mate. I got el patron blade within 10 minutes fishing after reading this fishing guide. I got silver freeze within 10 kills after reading your guide. It's fate lol
Many congratulations mate! glad this is working out for you. Got any pictures you could share with us?

Last edited:
Any looting method can be seen as placebo as most believe loot drops are pure randomness and algorithmic.
The main idea of this thread to decipher if there is a pattern to it. I have gone fishing for 4-5 hours without getting a single famed, but with my method, i have been consistently getting famed within 5-10 minutes.
Thank you for sharing your opinion as i am also a firm believer of formidable effects of placebo!
But hey whatever mojo mumbo jumbo is going on here, atleast i am getting famed in little work. As long as this is consistently producing results,me as well as my fellow pirates will continue having faith in this method.

Many congratulations mate! glad this is working out for you. Got any pictures you could share with us?

Of course. I also got another surprise!

Ahoy there mateys!
Are you tired of chunking grenades for 4-5 hours at South idol just to get trash Skull chests?
Are you tired of fishing for hours, just for parrot fish to keep stealing your lures?
Are you not getting enough famed or legendary for the work that you put in?
If you said yes to any of these, then we have just the right stuff for you... for only $29.99 + s&h...
jk... back to the topic.

I have been in the same ragged boot as you guys, as i cannot stand fishing for more than 10 minutes at a time, but i do want some shiny famed and Lost sword of el patron. Nevertheless i do not want to spend 20% of my day in catching virtual fishes.

Recently i stumbled upon a technique which dramatically boost your chances to get famed from fishing, and shows results within minutes! i have been testing this method for the past week, but i have only recorded the results from my last 2 tries because i wasn't sure before if this method is consistent.

As show in the screenshot shown below, i have recorded the time i started fishing, which was at 5:34 AM
View attachment 85423

And sure enough, here we have my 1st famed of the day at 5:38 AM, within 4 minutes! not bad eh
View attachment 85424 View attachment 85425

Fast forward 21 minutes, we have the 2nd famed of the day! Alas its a repeat. 2 famed in 25 minutes of work! Not bad at all eh?

View attachment 85611

I was pity sure my streak would continue, because i had made sure i had high enough chance of getting good loot so i kept continued fishing.
View attachment 85427

And here we have Lost sword at 6:16 AM, within 40 minutes of me starting fishing!
So how did i foreshadowed my luck and record my initial time...?

I wanted to further validate my findings and told few fellow pirates to test it with me the next day. so here we have me starting fishing at 4:01 AM, and sure enough we have our famed within 20 minutes! And the mateys also found their respective famed within 30 minutes using my method.

View attachment 85428 View attachment 85429

So whats the trick you ask?? It's a simple 2 step process that substantially increases your odds of obtaining famed or even a legendary while fishing. All you have to do is put in couple hours of work. so here it is.

Step 1: The main idea behind the method is for you to you get as much bad luck with loot as possible in the beginning, which will enhance your chances of getting better loot as time goes by. We will be hoping to get as many trash skull chest possible, to increase our odds. What better place to get those other than South Idol? we all know that place is famous for dropping Skull chests like peanuts, but most of them are trash anyway.

This will work as our advantage, The longer you stay and the more skull chest you get denotes to the higher chances of getting good haul in fishing, but within minutes, so you don't have to waste hours fishing.
I have been putting the trick to test for a about a week, and been looting at south idol for varied time span such as for 30 minutes, 1 hour and 2 hour.Try to stay untill you get atleast 15 or more skull chests. (15+ is recommended for this method to be effective)

Step 2: After you have spent some time at south idol, and hopefully you have seen decent amount of trash skull chest, if you have gotten famed, which is less likely for most of us in such short time, bully for ya! if not lets go catch some fish.

Some Important notes to consider for effectiveness of this method:

• Fish on the same server as you were looting on.
  • Only use regular lure.
  • I have gotten consistent results fishing at Padres Del fuego. If you fancy fishing at other place, then its up to you.
  • Once you start fishing, you must stay in the same spot for at least an hour, if you did not find anything good, then you can switch spot on your ship ( i have gotten famed within few fishes after switching spot)
  • Make sure to stock up on lures before you start fishing, going to town to restock might reset your chances.
  • Try to catch all large fish, but prioritize Coelenterate and Sand tiger shark as most of the loots within minutes has been from those 2.
  • Your odds of getting famed while fishing solely depends on the number of trash skull chests you get, thus the longer you loot, the more skull chests will drop for you!
  • LV 20 fishing is recommended for this method to work.
  • Crashing while looting does not affect your chances as long as you stay in one constant server. However crashing while fishing may have a slight affect on your odds of getting famed ( i have managed to get 3 famed after a crash)
  • If you manage to get famed while looting at step 1, you still maybe able to get famed while fishing, given you stay long enough and get considerable amount of trash skull chest to subdue your previous winning.
  • Any place with high skull chest drop rate, such as South Idol and Gold room are recommended for this method to work.

I have been utilizing my method for 5 days, and since then, below is all the loot i have hauled from fishing. most have been caught within 20 minutes, and the maxed i have fished for is 1 hour, looting at least 1 famed per day.
I will try this method once everyday and keep you posted with the results to validate it's consistency.

Please join the effort and try this method for yourself. Make sure to share your results as we validate this further!
Keep up with this post as i will be documenting any new findings as we work to validate this method further.

Fare winds mateys and may the RNGJesus watch over you!

So where is this south idol place anyways?

however going by the method listed by a poster who shall not be named :p ( @Charles Warmonk ) it would imply no items should be removed from any container that is not a famed drop to increase chance

meaning if either of these methods are whole and true some internal system exists that boosts the chance of getting a good drop by not taking any loot from containers.

i may log in and try this method out later tonight
Does anyone want to opine about what level of pirate this is at any point in this endeavor? I've been a 20 master fisher for a few days, and fish at del fuego. The clue about levels is you have to be at least 40 to solo most the mines I believe, unless you run with a high group then maybe you can farm that way.

But all I've pulled up with monster fish and legendary lures as well, is just items 5 to 10 levels higher than me. That's it and only rares, which don't mean much and match my level (21) I think famed is limited to above 35 or so. At least that's my theory. And experience with many multiplayer games.

Last edited:
I tried it out today. Me and one other person took out what had to be well over 200 of those ghosts. Not a single skull chest dropped.

Back