Discussion The Captains Quarters: An Ongoing Captaining Discussion!

People going in front of your ship to get a shot but knowingly or unwaringly cause you to get sandwiched and sink.

These people need to get proper sailing lessons before being allowed to captain.
I still believe that they should remove collisions with player ships in SvE, to aid in fixing these issues, until a more permanent fix is found

What about sailing routes? Where do you all sail from? Or where to? I have a few places I like to check, and raid every time I go out

Although you know, the stretch from Rumrunner's-Perdida-Raven's Cove might arguably be more challenging than the PDF-Outcast-Tormenta triangle. Why? Despite that stretch being mostly full of low-level ships, there are TONS AND TONS of them. I've actually found myself in a little bit of trouble more than once in that area just because it's so easy to agro everything and get mobbed up on.

Although you know, the stretch from Rumrunner's-Perdida-Raven's Cove might arguably be more challenging than the PDF-Outcast-Tormenta triangle. Why? Despite that stretch being mostly full of low-level ships, there are TONS AND TONS of them. I've actually found myself in a little bit of trouble more than once in that area just because it's so easy to agro everything and get mobbed up on.
Very, very true. Those little light sloops can move quick, and over time, they start to hurt

I usually target outcast isle galleons. They're a good target. Hoping to get my war sloop maxed out with treasure hunter though. Makes it more easy for me to sail.

I usually target outcast isle galleons. They're a good target. Hoping to get my war sloop maxed out with treasure hunter though. Makes it more easy for me to sail.
Treasure Hunter is awesome. I have it on my War Brig, and I love it. Aside from looking drop dead gorgeous, it has decent manueverability. And loads of cargo space. I debated running cargo on my War Galleon, but I think I'm going to take the streamlined path, to compensate for how darn slow it is. Plus, you don't see too many Storm Chaser War Galleons either.

Treasure Hunter is awesome. I have it on my War Brig, and I love it. Aside from looking drop dead gorgeous, it has decent manueverability. And loads of cargo space. I debated running cargo on my War Galleon, but I think I'm going to take the streamlined path, to compensate for how darn slow it is. Plus, you don't see too many Storm Chaser War Galleons either.

War galleon treasure hunter has better handling due to the better turn rate and vast cargo space. But it's limited deck guns make it a hard ship to sail. I say I'm rocking it pretty good. It's just that other people almost never take care of their positioning and get me in nasty situations because they don't know that shooting through a ship also still works. Glitch or not.

Just a fellow Copperhead captain poking my head in to support my friend Jaymes who approves of the Copperhead master race. You Fortune/Treasure Hunter folk need us for your mat parties.

Just a fellow Copperhead captain poking my head in to support my friend Jaymes who approves of the Copperhead master race. You Fortune/Treasure Hunter folk need us for your mat parties.

I don't need your attitude in hunter parties. Lol. You're just contributing to the problem by showing poor captaining skills that cause others to sink. In the end no one would want copperheads in the parties since all they would do is cause others to sink.

I don't need your attitude in hunter parties. Lol. You're just contributing to the problem by showing poor captaining skills that cause others to sink. In the end no one would want copperheads in the parties since all they would do is cause others to sink.
It seems opening with sarcasm wasn't the best way to approach you.

@Hernandez It might be a good idea for you to head over to Poderoso until you've recovered from PTSD.

And who said anything about poor navigating being synonymous with copperhead? It isn't like our range is as short as the cannon version of explosive... If anything, that royale you thought was a juicy target will be long gone by the time you get to it. That, I suppose I can sympathize with.

Back