The KRAKEN ~ "Unavoidable" fear

ah but many of u dont know the kraken was part of potco back in the early beta and if u played back when the old islands were there u should remeber that when u sailed u had a timer set for one hour once that hour was up the kraken tentacles showed up and ur ship sank but this was removed in early beta so on live u just sank when the timer ran out no reason to it u just sink

ah but many of u dont know the kraken was part of potco back in the early beta and if u played back when the old islands were there u should remeber that when u sailed u had a timer set for one hour once that hour was up the kraken tentacles showed up and ur ship sank but this was removed in early beta so on live u just sank when the timer ran out no reason to it u just sink
WoW. I did not realize. :facepalm:

The "early beta" days sounds very cool to me because, while sailing & once my hour was up, at least I could blame my sinking upon the tentacles of the Kraken & not the usual saying that is often heard by basic players on my open ship that goes - "OH, Shamus sunk us again. Let us tp away," lol.
20110620-080510.jpg

WoW. I did not realize :facepalm: .
*The "early beta" days sounds very cool to me because, while sailing & once my hour was up, at least I could blame my sinking upon the tentacles of the Kraken & not the usual saying that is often heard by basic players on my open ship that goes - "OH, Shamus sunk us again. Let us tp away," lol.

XD i never played in beta but heard it was fun and that saying i know how u feel everytime we sink "capt hi did it again" then i would go and say "no i didnt i was only chasing the hunter hunting us he sunk the ship!" i point to some random person "he was sailing"

Please use this thread (along with available space) as a type of "port of call" inorder to both honor & examine the personal fear you may or may not have concerning this creature. *My hope is that in doing so...each of us may find a clearer way to RELEASE the personal Kraken that exists within each of us. :D

Shamus, the idea is so great! That you actually asked us in freely interpret the meaning of the Kraken to each one of us. Whether that's Potco related or non-Potco related, as reflected by the randomness of those 2 YouTube videos you attached up there. I LOVE them! They're so ... OUT-OF-THE-BOX! Now THAT is what I call "creative" ...

So, here we go, my personal take on the Kraken, they myth-related, not-so-scientific interpretation. After this, I invite you all to see how "wild" you can take the Kraken into your imagination ...

1. Kraken is an oversized calamari to me. Nothing scary about it, except, when we cook it, it's probably not going to be so tasty. I heard from ppl, smaller size of animals (among it's kind) tastes better that the big ones. For instance, smaller chicken is tastier than a big fat one. :cool:

2. If we ever cooked a Kraken, the world famine problem most probably would be solved. With that size, I think we would have enough portion to feed the entire Somalia and Ethiopia, plus any other country that needed help. The problem was, how were we going to store a 'dead' Kraken, or freeze a Kraken ... would need the entire world's refrigerator and freezer to do that. ;)

3. The portrayal of the size of the Kraken on the 3 videos were inconsistent. On one part, it was compared to the entire size of North America and South America, and the entire ship looked so small on its tentacle. On the other part, a tentacle could grab a human and the human size looked decently 'big' comparable to the Kraken. I guess it's all up to the creator of the Kraken's imagination ... it's called an 'imagination' after all, so it could be as big as Alice in Wonderland inside a doll house or the other way around (I guess I have answered my own observation ... :facepalm:).

4. The 'legend' (read: myth) of the Kraken is comparable to Loch Ness. Some ppl could swear the saw it once on the sea, and some others just love to be fooled or be entertainment by the character. One thing is, nobody can't prove it, and it really does not need to be proven, because it's as fun talking about it as we talk about Loch Ness. Or Yetti. Or _____ (you are free to fill in the blank).

5. We - Potco players - cannot wait for Disney to finally realize that it is worth it to pour a budget to design and integrate a Kraken into the game. I didn't know that there was a Kraken tentacle on beta version. That was a good start! And why didn't Disney follow through with it. I understand that having a full-blown proportion of a Kraken on the game, including the ability to overturn a ship, slam and sling it to the air, smack it into several pieces, along with the appearance of several long-moving tentacles involves a whole lot designing and major overhaul on the game. And I don't know about you; but I would be OK if Disney would stage the development of a Kraken existence on the game in several stages of release. For instance, at first release, they could just release the tentacles coming out of the sea every now and then. Then for the next release, they could have the ability of the Kraken to grab our ship and we could actually battle the tentacles. If we won, the tentacles would go back down to the deep of the ocean. If we loose, it would show just like the Black Pearl Quest; we would sink and that's the end of it. And later on the next release, they could have the tentacles actually do damage to our ship, whether that's swinging/slinging it to the air and slamming it back to the water, being torn apart into pieces or something like that. That way, the game developers could design as it went ... and it would keep us - faithful customers and also new customers - interested in the Potco game itself.

6. If anything failed on #5, the best thing to describe a Kraken is the #4 video ... It is no more than a DRINK! And there is no fault on that. We could name ANYthing a Kraken, you know ...

That's all for my personal interpretation on the Kraken ... :p... Now do yours! :D

a large squid that i want as a pet and i also want my dragon:p after that everyone will fear me as i walk around with my dragon and when im on a boat fishy will fear me too

1. Kraken is an oversized calamari to me. Nothing scary about it, except, when we cook it, it's probably not going to be so tasty. I heard from ppl, smaller size of animals (among it's kind) tastes better that the big ones. For instance, smaller chicken is tastier than a big fat one. :cool:

2. If we ever cooked a Kraken, the world famine problem most probably would be solved. With that size, I think we would have enough portion to feed the entire Somalia and Ethiopia, plus any other country that needed help. The problem was, how were we going to store a 'dead' Kraken, or freeze a Kraken ... would need the entire world's refrigerator and freezer to do that. ;)

That's all for my personal interpretation on the Kraken ... :p... Now do yours! :D
A very "GOOD" point to be made, Jade!
*You know...I have actually tasted a morsel bite :popcorn: of Squid before ('freeze-dried' & having both the texture & look of 'beef jerky'). What I can tell you is that there was not enough water to be found in all of the Caribbean to wash the after-taste from my mouth. ~ I ONLY WISH it had tasted like "chicken," lol.

Didn't he write King Arthur? By write I mean adapted the myth into his time.

When fighting the Kraken, I believe we should be true to the movie. Have the Kraken stop the ship and have it's tentacles rise from the water and grab the players. Then in the middle of the struggle the tentacles should slowly rise and crash on the deck, wrecking the ship.

The ways to kill a Kraken

Phase 1. Grab a cannon and shoot its tentacles. Only the most experiance cannoneers should do so, for the Kraken's limbs are fast as they are big.

-Kraken splits ship in half. Players now fight in broken/sinking ship-

Phase 2. A tentacle will then appear around each of the players. The players must use a weapon of their choice to subdue the tentacle then help their own shipmate.

Phase 3. The Kraken will submerge back to the depths for 60 seconds. The players must decide who will complete the next phase.

Phase 4. The single player must go against the Kraken as he jumps on it and tries to poke his eye with a sword. His shipmates have to watch from the deck. The single player must then manuever around the kraken's body, avoiding blows from the tentacles and making it to the eye where the player must perform a successful 10 hit combo. At this the, the Kraken retreats to the depths and a cutscene ensues showing you and your crew escaping you r sinking ship on a rowboat. You then end up in the next port of call.

Phase 5. The rewards for the defeating the Kraken are the following

1. Calypso's Blessing: Sunking ships are automatically raised and no damage on them. This only happens three times after the Kraken Battle (100%)

2. Kraken Scar: Special Tattoo that can be worn on the chest. It's a jagged scar the cuts through the chest. It is a proud battle wound. (100%)

3. Sword of Lost Souls: Made from a leftover Kraken tooth, the sabre contains the souls that were devoured by the Kraken. This gives the sword the special power to realse a fury of spirits at any enemy. (10%)

4. 500 gold (50%)

Now if anyone can come up with the idea to attract a Kraken, I'd say we would be all set.
Your idea is GREAT! I think the kraken should only be attracted to people who completed the RC quest (since they have the black spot.

5. We - Potco players - cannot wait for Disney to finally realize that it is worth it to pour a budget to design and integrate a Kraken into the game. I didn't know that there was a Kraken tentacle on beta version. That was a good start! And why didn't Disney follow through with it. I understand that having a full-blown proportion of a Kraken on the game, including the ability to overturn a ship, slam and sling it to the air, smack it into several pieces, along with the appearance of several long-moving tentacles involves a whole lot designing and major overhaul on the game. And I don't know about you; but I would be OK if Disney would stage the development of a Kraken existence on the game in several stages of release.

You are right on the money, Jade. "Excellent" point & argument to be made!

Perhaps yourself - Jade - (along with other pirates including myself) believe deep down within our hearts that Disney will someday rise above & offer more than empty promises to us pirates since the early, beta stages of the game.

IF Disney would only reconsider & therefore intergrate (as you have mentioned) the development of said beastie into several different stages to the game...then this would ultimately surpass my own expectations concerning Disney & it's efforts to introduce the Kraken once & for all.

~ Basically, it would be an "excellent" way for them to shut me up.

ok mates hello nim leon lol i have started potco on 2011 september lol here i am hearing about the kraken alot my expectation would be ....potco not notifying us about the kraken and catching us by a super suprise while were sailing right the skys turn into a different color in a color like foggy and red skys and potco doesnt notify us wats happening us as potyco players we tend to ignore somethings we shouldnt though guys ..then al of a sudden one person is sailing and u see from the distance tentacles :hypno: and the kraken runs towards u and u see it in the water its massive body and then u start fighting but u have no upgrades then BOOF U SINK AND as cutscene is then shown the kraken : it should be massive legnth 3 shipof the line legnth 4 ship of the line width this sea monster will be strongly powerful i dont want some wakk old stuff baby type stuff no! I WANT SOME CRAZY LOOKING TYPE BOSS LIKE OMG TYPE ,MOUTH OPENING AND THAT THE KRAKEN GOESE THROUGH YOUR HULLS AND THEN THE ONLY WAY TO LIKE STOP KRAKEN FROM LIKE SINKING US IS NOT LETTING THE OMEN LIFT HIS ARMS Highly! into the air and hitting the ship taking litteraly 3/4 of your health on ship :hypno: i want this kraken not to be like the pearl i want it on the seas LIKE UM .....QUEEN ANNES REVENGE BUT KRAKEN STILL ON THE SEAS AND THEN NOTHING TELLS U WHERE IS AT IT COMES TO U WITHOUT NOTICE AND THE OCTPUS SHOULD BE speed extremly fast krakens are fast in speed like 30 knots kraken should go i belive man well this is all my espectations people

Back