The Legend of Pirates Online, an ongoing POTCO recreation.

Wonderful! Hopefully when signing up there will be a "write up" of reasons why anyone wants to be in closed alpha..etc because I feel I am very qualified to test, as I played from 2008 till closing & know every corner of the potco maps.
Then everyone who played from 2008 to closing and know every corner of the potco maps will feel very qualified to test, like myself. Lol :p

I don't remember if I've asked this already but I just wanted to ask a question that I thought of and that is what is the stance of the administrators of this new re-make on the modders/"hackers" that were seen in the previous version of this game? Disney's stance grew lax after a while due to the fact they were deleting the game in general and didn't really care but I believe it really ruined a good deal of what made the game enjoyable.

Such as SVS. Nobody really enjoyed SvS after people started using cannon mods/glitches and whatnot and it just became an overall bother just to sail in general since some people were able to sink even people who were not involved in SvS combat. PvP glitch was a bit of a different story due to the fact it was kind of enjoyable and was only joinable really if you tried really hard to get it enabled so possibly having that as an enable option in a future patch? That'd be a cool lil feature..

So with all that said and I'm not interested at all in getting into a "discussion" about the justification of people's modding or "hacking" during those days but instead I merely wish to know what the stance of our new community leaders is on this topic. Sorry for rambling on about my feelings towards those times but the recent videos released by TLOPO have gotten me all nostalgic.\

EDIT: Listened to the "TLOPO Dev" interview hooha and heard the discussion on this very topic and had my question answered. Nevermind.

Last edited:
Good luck, matey!

cooltext125232513229595.png

If you can run Minecraft on an Iphone, you can definitely run POTCO
Not necessarily, they're two entirely different SDKs and programming languages. I'm sure it's possible, but the quality of it and how certain things should be done, that is a huge issue to think about. Also the size of the game in general. It is a HUGE game for an iPhone or iPad.
(about 350-400 mbs)

Since most of us have the original POTCO launcher on our computers still, will we need to delete it before downloading the new version of it? Will the new version be a full download like the original potco along with an application icon, etc?
I have a new macbook pro laptop (and I know you had said there will be a mac version), will the mac version be part of the closed alpha?

Last edited:
Back