The Legend of Pirates Online, an ongoing POTCO recreation.

@JohnnyDaPirate: If you don't mind me asking, how many players on the development team of this project are ex-POTCO players and for those whom possibly aren't, what qualifications do they possess and/or bring towards assisting a POTCO emulator such as this?

Thank you.
Throughout the project's lifetime I have not been able to find one good developer from the POTCO community. And in the end, it doesn't matter - only that the project succeeds. All of our developers are experienced and/or knowledgeable in everything needed to rebuild the game.

Hope that answers your question,
@JohnnyDaPirate

Throughout the project's lifetime I have not been able to find one good developer from the POTCO community. And in the end, it doesn't matter - only that the project succeeds. All of our developers are experienced and/or knowledgeable in everything needed to rebuild the game.

Hope that answers your question,
@JohnnyDaPirate
The points I would like to express below are meant to show NO disrespect to you, this emulator, nor the individuals on this project's development staff (note: I will attempt to speak of this once and 'one' time only on this thread).

The problem with relying upon certain players whom are both highly experienced with python coding and coming from the ex-ToonTown Online community is that while although some might remain appropriately qualified in comparison to ex-POTCO players (in assisting with the development of a 'workable' POTCO emulator), the past resume' of such individuals - in my opinion - is imperative as well to take into full consideration.

*Given the fact that both ToonTown House and ToonTown Infinite are representative of said background of some members of this project's staff, I give mention of this only out of concern as to the specific circumstances which lead to the demise of each of those projects (and not the project's themselves as concern).

While this concern of my own might be misconstrued as myself remaining overly judgmental, when it comes down to deciding upon a project's actual staff (no matter what 'project calling' is being organized) one must be willing to look at the totality of all experience, qualifications, and "circumstances" involved surrounding each and every individual whom does happen to express an interest to get involved. :)

The points I would like to express below are meant to show NO disrespect to you, this emulator, nor the individuals on this project's development staff (note: I will attempt to speak of this once and 'one' time only on this thread).

The problem with relying upon certain players whom are both highly experienced with python coding and coming from the ex-ToonTown Online community is that while although some might remain appropriately qualified in comparison to ex-POTCO players (in assisting with the development of a 'workable' POTCO emulator), the past resume' of such individuals - in my opinion - is imperative as well to take into full consideration.

*Given the fact that both ToonTown House and ToonTown Infinite are representative of said background of some members of this project's staff, I give mention of this only out of concern as to the specific circumstances which lead to the demise of each of those projects (and not the project's themselves as concern).

While this concern of my own might be misconstrued as myself remaining overly judgmental, when it comes down to deciding upon a project's actual staff (no matter what 'project calling' is being organized) one must be willing to look at the totality of all experience, qualifications, and "circumstances" involved surrounding each and every individual whom does happen to express an interest to get involved. :)

Arrr...Hmmmm, heavy stuff Shamus. Let's hope they've all had a good chat to one another, are committed to the vision and have the time and energy to make it a reality!
Don't want to think back to the beginning! Once was surely enough for everyone... everyones a year older now too! Yay!:parrot:
:pirate ship:

Last edited by a moderator:

Experience and knowledge of the python coding language, the Panda3D game engine and astron server project are the only qualifications needed to develop such a game as our project is doing, wether or not the person is a POTCO player or other information of one's past is irrelevant.

"In computing, an emulator is hardware or software that enables one computer system (called the host) to behave like another computer system (called the guest). An emulator typically enables the host system to run software or use peripheral devices designed for the guest system."
- Wikipedia

That being said, this project is not an emulator; it is a complete game.

As for your statement claiming that we have current and/or former Toontown Infinite staff members on our team, that is untrue at this time. Even if we did, having Toontown House and/or Toontown Infinite members on our team is completely irrelevant.

I disagree that looking into every event of one's past as you put it "is imperative as well to take into full consideration". Everyone is entitled to their own privacy, people change, and all of it is irrelevant. Current qualifications and skills is all that's necessary to take into account when selecting staff for such a task.

- @JohnnyDaPirate

I disagree that looking into every event of one's past as you put it "is imperative as well to take into full consideration". Everyone is entitled to their own privacy, people change, and all of it is irrelevant. Current qualifications and skills is all that's necessary to take into account when selecting staff for such a task.
- @JohnnyDaPirate
Certainly you have a point but when I mention the above in so far as someone's own "past," I am not looking beyond a time-frame of a year+ but rather only looking at a time-frame of approximately 6 months, maybe less. Taking the short time-frame which has lapsed, people most certainly can change but regardless someone's "past" does matter within the short-term, don't you agree?
As for your statement claiming that we have current and/or former Toontown Infinite staff members on our team, that is untrue at this time. Even if we did, having Toontown House and/or Toontown Infinite members on our team is completely irrelevant.
Perhaps we need to take this to a pm because simply, this isn't true (as I don't make a point to make any claim without having sufficient 'evidence' to back it up).

Also JDP, it is relevant because of "how" each of those projects mentioned had specific issues which ultimately led to each of them being closed down (which, btw, each project has begun anew).

Certainly you have a point but when I mention the above in so far as someone's own "past," I am not looking beyond a time-frame of a year+ but rather only looking at a time-frame of approximately 6 months, maybe less. Taking the short time-frame which has lapsed, people most certainly can change but regardless someone's "past" does matter within the short-term, don't you agree?

Perhaps we need to take this to a pm because simply, this isn't true (as I don't make a point to make any claim without having sufficient 'evidence' to back it up).

Also JDP, it is relevant because of "how" each of those projects mentioned had specific issues which ultimately led to each of them being closed down (which, btw, each project has begun anew).

Of course everything is important but the past does not always predict the future... and the most that can be done in any team or venture is to maintain "good relations" with one another, have clear defined responsibilities plus expected time-frames and frequent open and clear communications.

That's the way it works in the corporate commercial world and it is no different in any project or team.

Throw in a bunch of Pirates and I guess that adds to the dynamic in a Piratey way! Garrr!

Set the course, hoist the main sails! Arrrr!:rumgone:(Main thing is that the Rum don't run out!)
:pirate::pirate ship::pirate:

Note that we have 0 Toontown Infinite staff on our project at the very moment. The ones we had got fired or were inactive. The Toontown House staff are not leading this team, just developing and helping out. It was not at all their fault for why Toontown House closed, it was rather some different staff on their team.

Note that we have 0 Toontown Infinite staff on our project at the very moment. The ones we had got fired or were inactive. The Toontown House staff are not leading this team, just developing and helping out. It was not at all their fault for why Toontown House closed, it was rather some different staff on their team.
I do appreciate your honesty concerning this project's staff (I'm having a difficult time understanding though why it wasn't revealed to myself in the first place [as I 'already' knew the answer to the questions I asked before said questions were, well...asked]).

*IF what you say above is true (concerning both TTI and TTH), then...and please hear me now...

...I would "expect" that if this project does comes to light that the same issues which had plagued both the TTI and TTH communities in the past (i.e., Rat key logger attacks, malicious coding, cruel intentions, etc.) do happen to also affect the ex-POTCO community via projects like this...that I will personally hold those accountable for utilizing such help outside of the POTCO realm.

Avast! The ex-POTCO community encompasses players of all ages and maturity levels (more so, I feel, than TTO) and so we will not tolerate the same mistakes that the ex-TTO community has made in the approximate time-frame of a year or less.

By "mistakes," I am referring not to the technical type of mistakes in developing a game but rather... those mistakes which simply come down to a person or persons ill intention because of a overwhelming lack of maturity and/or good-will.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do appreciate your honesty concerning this project's staff (I'm having a difficult time understanding though why it wasn't revealed to myself in the first place [as I 'already' knew the answer to the questions I asked before said questions were, well...asked]).

*IF what you say above is true (concerning both TTI and TTH), then...and please hear me now...

...I would "expect" that if this project does comes to light that the same issues which had plagued both the TTI and TTH communities in the past (i.e., Rat key logger attacks, malicious coding, cruel intentions, etc.) do happen to also affect the ex-POTCO community via projects like this...that I will personally hold those accountable for utilizing such help outside of the POTCO realm.

Avast! The ex-POTCO community encompasses players of all ages and maturity levels (more so, I feel, than TTO) and so we will not tolerate the same mistakes that the ex-TTO community has made in the approximate time-frame of a year or less.

By "mistakes," I am referring not to the technical type of mistakes in developing a game but rather... those mistakes which simply come down to a person or persons ill intention because of a overwhelming lack of maturity and/or good-will.
We have never had any TTI staff that would've done something like that. We use to have a developer called Jean who put a keylogger/RAT in Toontown House. He was immediately fired from Toontown House, however we gave him another chance. A couple months ago he was fired from here for breaking our rules and disorganization. We now have no staff that would do something like that.

We have never had any TTI staff that would've done something like that. We use to have a developer called Jean who put a keylogger/RAT in Toontown House. He was immediately fired from Toontown House, however we gave him another chance. A couple months ago he was fired from here for breaking our rules and disorganization. We now have no staff that would do something like that.
So you knowingly hired a developer who was fired for putting malicious code into TTH?

I do hope that you are right (as I am holding you to your word that they won't).

In the meantime, I'll continue to monitor closely progress related specifically to the ex-TTO community along with discussions which are continually being made on reddit devoted to TTI (now TT Fellowship) and TTH (now TT Next). In addition to this, I'll look further into what I can discover specifically about Team CT.

*I'll do what it takes as a member of this ex-POTCO community (not because I am some sort of 'creeper' or troller) but simply because, the past often tends to repeat itself and this pertains to not only players associated with TTO but also, unfortunately, POTCO as well.

So you knowingly hired a developer who was fired for putting malicious code into TTH?
He was hired before any team members even knew about what he did to TTH. When I came in I was suspicious of him and I vowed to make sure he wasn't going to do anything. We couldn't just fire him for what he did in another project, as he did contribute. However, that was the past. We have no malicious code or anything.

I do hope that you are right (as I am holding you to your word that they won't).

In the meantime, I'll continue to monitor closely progress related specifically to the ex-TTO community along with discussions which are continually being made on reddit devoted to TTI (now TT Fellowship) and TTH (now TT Next). In addition to this, I'll look further into what I can discover specifically about Team CT.

*I'll do what it takes as a member of this ex-POTCO community (not because I am some sort of 'creeper' or troller) but simply because, the past often tends to repeat itself and this pertains to not only players associated with TTO but also, unfortunately, POTCO as well.
Note that if you look onto Reddit for information of Team CT, TTI is known for spreading lies and hate about TTH and Team CT so I wouldn't trust them. Keep in mind that we only have the GOOD team ct staff. They use to have a lot of bad team members, which we do not have. The only suspicious member was Jean and he's fired. That's really all I can say but note that one of our main TTH developers in our team do not want to be associated with the Toontown community. Also, Toontown Next has barely any of the TTH staff. Some have been helping them (like one of them gave them the compiler, Nirai ©) so you can take my word that we have no malicious code or staff members. We can assure you that our staff don't want to do anything malicious and just want to revive POTCO. Nothing more than that.

...We can assure you that our staff don't want to do anything malicious and just want to revive POTCO. Nothing more than that.
If that is the objective/end result, then I wish this project the best of luck. :) (Understand though that OUR community has been through a ton a dung and you'll have to excuse myself for lecturing here/becoming overly paranoid but trust should always be 'earned' and not blindly accepted).

As someone whom has researched readily into the happenings of the ex-TTO community (utilizing 'various' sources online), I do feel that there is much improvement that needs to be made within that specific community. With that said, let this thread be derailed no more on account for the purpose of this thread. ;)

If that is the objective/end result, then I wish this project the best of luck. :) (Understand though that OUR community has been through a ton a dung and you'll have to excuse myself for lecturing here/becoming overly paranoid but trust should always be 'earned' and not blindly accepted).

As someone whom has researched readily into the happenings of the ex-TTO community (utilizing 'various' sources online), I do feel that there is much improvement that needs to be made within that specific community. With that said, let this thread be derailed no more on account for the purpose of this thread. ;)

Arrrr!:treasure::arrrrr::cheers::arrrrr::treasure::parrot:
:pirate ship: :piratemickey: .... A picture tells a thousand words!;)

I got a lot of faith in this project the progress you showed about two weeks ago was amazing! It looks just like the old pirates online! I don't know why but I feel like this game will turn out like toontown rewritten, it looks like it has skilled developers that get along (I can tell by the amazing progress) I wish all the projects the best of luck! (P.s you know if this game will be out in the next two years)

Back