The Legend of Pirates Online Website

As of right now, the word that I'm getting from the TLOPO devs is that the first key offered, posted by Loblao, is still up for grabs. Until he posts that it has been found, it is safe to keep trying to figure out the key.

Im on the right track
This one is hurting my brain lol I have gone through so many different conversion types and none have made an actual code, I tried converting the letters and numbers to ASCII decimal and hex, tried octal and binary but nothing seems to work. I ended up with the same hex value twice from a decimal conversion from the ASCII index but the hex converts into a string of only numbers as well, while there are 16 numbers there are no letters so this can not be the code.

It took 4 steps to decrypt the key.

Step 1: Get the link decrypted. The link was a shift-5(ROT5) on a Caesar Cipher. The link was http://pastebin.com/kbkdv49r

Step 2: The code was binary encoded into hex. Decode the code to binary. Which brings us to the next step.

Step 3: Decode the binary to text. To then get this:
Code:
uanrcsfuwlluoyd! zqrp tk kofc cqy:
6747-m972-1864-qx43

Step 4: The message was encrypted using a Vigenere Cipher. The Vigenere Cipher requires a key, the key was in the pastebin. "There is another key to unlock the puzzle, although small it is, it is not hard to find.". The key was small(hehe). Using the key "small", you can then process the cipher-text using any ol' vigenere cipher decryptor and successfully retrieve the key. The only part remaining would to make the 3 letters in the key capital letters.

I think you didn't capitalize the key.
Ha, ha, ha... and I just spent 8 hours trying to decrypt an easy one! lol Even though I know no programming... maybe us old timers could sign up for a random draw! : )

Still fun watching and I've learnt a lot about Hexadecimal and strings, sort of! lol
:sunny:

Last edited:
Players who want to play the game right away, get beta keys. The players who want to play the game correctly with the best intentions, wait till it's full release.

Congratulations to cubanlinx for beating my challenge! Here's the walkthrough:

1. The encode string is Y2YL!HP2EAPK22YP2H!
2. The lookup table is 1ALPH2KEY!
3. All you had to do was map each character from #1 to its index in the table (0 to 9).

Y -> 8
2 -> 5
Y -> 8
etc

Y2YL!HP2EAPK22YP2H! -> 8582943571365583549
Now, hex that number: 771CBDB42A77DABD
Add the dashes to get the key: 771C-BDB4-2A77-DABD

Easy, huh?

Due to demand, I'm making one very easy challenge (#2).
Challenge #2 (very easy) will be a riddle.
Challenge #3 (medium) will play with RSA (back to harder challenges)
Challenge #4 (easy) will involve looking for the key somewhere.
Challenge #5 (very hard) will play with AES, SHA1 and MD5, but a lot of hints and exact steps will be given.

Back