The Tale Of William Sunshot

William! You're so good at letting our imagination go all over the place ... That's what a great novel usually does!
excited.gif

We launched the Titan quickly after that, with little trouble. Sunshot stood at the helm, the wheel rock-steady in his hands despite the growing unease of the waters. The sails billowed and snapped, the crew scurried about, and the ship creaked as a storm approached. The ship handled well though, for its size, having clearly been modified. She was fast, well armed, and apparently had about five feet of hull to ward off cannonballs. She was indeed a titan.

I mixed with the crew, generally tending to stay near the captain, but getting things done nonetheless. The crew was very good, and the ship stayed in top shape throughout the voyage. We were making good time for Raven's Cove, but we ran into a small problem; there was an incredible thunderstorm on the horizon. While that was bad enough, Sunshot seemed intent on steering through it. I said nothing, but noticed the grimace on the faces of the crew. They weren't excited, but I could tell they would do their jobs regardless. We sailed on, preparing for the storm, but were caught completely by surprise by what we found when the first wall of rain hit us:

There was an Undead ship floating right in front of us, and as far as we could tell, it meant business.

"Hard to starboard, and run out the guns, we'll stay out of their range and pick them apart from out here. Their cannons can't hit this far." shouted the captain as he spun the great ship around

The Titan spun like a top, presenting her port side to the enemy. The crew belowdecks ran out her cannons, all 15 of them on that side, and the men on deck took up positions on the deck guns. Each cannon was primed, and their crews waited for the order to fire.

"FIRE NOW!" bellowed Sunshot

The cannons roared as they spat out their deadly rounds, recoiling slightly and being reloaded quickly. They fired again and again, but nothing seemed to happen to the Undead ship. The hostile craft seemed to be getting closer and closer, no matter how hard Sunshot pushed the Titan to keep it out of range. We knew we were in trouble when the storm picked up, but heard a nasty laugh, one that confirmed that we were facing no ordinary ship, but were dueling with the Harkaway; the dreaded flagship of Jolly Roger.

OMG, come one now, where is the next one?? :excited: Please don't torture us, William!
And oh, yea ... did I say I LOVE it?

Our ships got closer and closer, with our massive broadsides doing nothing to the Undead flagship. Sunshot barked orders to his men, which they followed perfectly. When we got close enough, his men flipped out the hooks and attempted to do the unthinkable: we were going to try to board the Harkaway.

I unsheathed the blade I had been carrying for a long time, and it made a pleasant whirling noise as it slipped from its scabbard. I took a hook for myself and tossed it expertly over to the other ship, anchoring it perfectly. I swung over to the deck, landed, and promptly cut down an undead pirate that stood in the way. Other crew members landed beside me, and we began the fight.

It was terrible. The Titan was still trying her best to sink the Harkaway, but to no avail. Scores of men were coming over, all of them well armed and itching for a fight. They took to the enemy, hacking and slashing through the undead horde. I attacked on my own, breaking off from the main group. I had an idea.

I cut and sliced my way through the undead crew, leaving a pile of bones in my wake. They were decent with a blade, and very strong, but technically unsound. My swordplay was too much for them, and they knew it. I was doing really well, until I heard an all too familiar laugh from the distance, one that made my blood freeze.

Jolly Roger was aboard an undermanned Titan, and he was heading for the helm.

I quickly leapt for a free rope, lashing it to a cannon before I did so. A well placed shot from my pistol set off the cannon, which sent me flying over to the Titan to do what I could. I got there just in time. Jolly was making his way up to the top of the deck where the wheel and Sunshot were, both critical for the survival of the ship. I landed and took careful aim, my pistol blasting a neat hole in Jolly's hat. He turned to me, in all his terrible glory, and smiled.

I was in trouble.

"Who are you mate, and what do you think you're doing, trying to stop me? I can't be stopped by the likes of you, some mere pirate fool."

I looked him carefully in the eye, not flinching, giving nothing away. Sunshot was behind him, swiveling a deck gun to bear on Jolly. I didn't look at him for fear of giving him away, but looked straight into Jolly's eyes.

"I am a pirate, yes, but the one that's going to destroy you. Come now Jolly Roger, the whelp of the Brethren Court, come and duel someone that might just be your equal."

He roared with anger and swung his mighty cutlass at my neck, aiming to cleave my head straight off. Quick as a hiccup, my own sabre was out, parrying and striking again at the demon's legs. He struck again, a high slash to my face, then down to my ribs. I ducked the first, and rolled away from the second. I began to circle, a little out of range.

"HAHA is that it? Is that all you have? Come on, fight me fool! You will know what happens to those who cross Jolly Roger!"

I dove in, my sabre whirling and slashing, a hurricane of cuts. Jolly howled and fell back, then surged forward again and tackled me to the ground. His horrible hand reached up, preparing to curse me. I could not move, he was pinning my arms to the ground and my saber was unable to reach him. his hand plunged down...

...there was a massive explosion, a howl of pain, and suddenly, the pressure was off of me. I looked up to see Sunshot smiling behind the cannon that had just blasted Jolly's hand off. The captain drew his sword, a glimmering silver broadsword and launched himself over the rail. Jolly screamed, brought his other hand to bear, and shot William through the chest, dropping him.

"FOOL! YOU DARE ATTACK ME? I AM..."

A massive explosion rocked the Titan and threw Jolly away from Sunshot. It seemed as though another ship had attacked us, but it wasn't the Harkaway, it came from the wrong side. I looked up and saw something that made my blood run cold. It was a ship with all black sails, the most fearsome ship in the Caribbean.

The Black Pearl had arrived.

ohh the black pearl. this will be good. i didnt put in any input on the last few 'cause i didnt know any more were out. but there getting better. r u gonna wright more?

Can't believe I missed it. Awesome, yet again!!

Going to watch this thread now so I know when there is more to the story :D

The crew of the Pearl launched themselves over with all the grace of the seasoned sailors they were. They quickly boarded the Titan, spreading out and leveling their weapons at Jolly. Jack Sparrow was nowhere to be seen, but there was an odd presence about that left my blood tingling.

Jolly howled, knowing he had been bested. Even he could not stand against the crew of the Black Pearl, and he knew it. He teleported himself back aboard the Harkaway and departed in much the same way he came about, though he did pause long enough to fire a broadside of Fury rounds into the hull of the Renegade Titan. The crew of the Pearl ran to Sunshot, who lay dying, picked him up, put him in a sling, and carried him over to the Pearl. One of the crew gave me a rope, and I swung over as well.

When we got aboard, we were greeted by the most notorious pirate in the world, the infamous Jack Sparrow. There was no mirth in his eyes as he saw the dying man being brought aboard his ship, but he did say one thing before retiring for his quarters.

"You're a sorry sight mate, got the best of you did he? Come, someone'll fix you up right quick, though it might not be the fix you're looking for..."

With that, he turned on his heel and strode into his quarters. We would not see him again. Instead, the fabled Tia Dalma came forth, looking at the dying captain on the deck.

"Run afoul of 'da cursed Jolly Roger have you, but fix you we can. The soul of another must be forfeit though, for that is how dese things must work. Who shall take the place of this man, and be cursed to live two lives foreva?"

She looked around, eyes looking everywhere and nowhere in particular. She was possibly the most fearsome thing I had ever seen, and that was saying something. Nevertheless, she got an answer.

"I will." I said as I walked forward

The pain was excruciating.

I know not what Tia Dalma did, nor how I ended up standing, but my head felt as though a thousand hammers were striking it from all directions. The voodoo priestess stood in front of me, smiling.

"It has worked den, you are alive. For now, at least."

"What..... what did you do?" I asked, clutching my head

"Dese tings are not to be spoken about, dey are for some ears only. You will live on though, with a catch."

"What's the catch?" I asked "I don't like it when someone tells me there's a catch..."

"You were given life again by the cursed soul within your ranks, he is da one who now shares the same body as you."

"Wait... WHAT? Same body? Who is this? What did you do?"

"You needed another body to be whole again, but I cannot take the soul from a living body. You will share one, and it will be ok." she said "Rest now though, we are almost to da port."

I looked off the deck, and saw an island, sure enough. Which one, I do not know, but I wouldn't get a chance to guess. I passed out, hitting the deck with all the grace of a dropped bag of bricks.

Back