TLOPO Alpha Account Giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you started potco=
It was the very first game for me and my sister back in year 2008.
It all started with my sister, who watched the film with her classmates in cinema one day during school vacation. Then she was totally obsessed with the movie, and talked about it all the time when we shared conversations.
One day, when she decided to go online and found more of the informations about this movie, she clicked on a link which brought her to this game introduction. She was so excited and started the registration and installation right away.
Because english is not our first language, but i spoke a little better than her, so she asked me to tag along with the whole process.
We created a male pirate named 'Pirate', it might sound silly, but for us, and our broken english levels back then, this name was totally cool.
Not only with broken english, and also outdated broken computer, the gameplay did not go well at all. This was the very first multi player game we ever played, and with anticipation, we were ready to communicate with players, but because of outdated onboard only graphic drivers, most of the alphabets shown on screen were blurred out and splitted. We could not really talk to anyone nor see the mission hints clearly.
All we knew was following the ray of light if you want your mission to be done. So we tried to do it step by step, but because of our shallow knowledges about this game, we either got sunk by ferrets (yes ,ferrets) on our way to Devil Anvil or killed by crabs (yes, low leveled crabs) on that island.
Jail was a really familiar place for us because we always started from there whenever we logged in this game.

What your favorite activy was=
One day as usual, we were about to start our mission venture again from Port Royal Jail, we met a pirate named 'Henry' who invited us to join his crew. This was the very first time we ever received crew invitation, and we were so excited to see what happened next, so we accepted it immediately. He then typed a lot of lines in chatbox, but we couldn't see these words at all because of our broken graphic.
We apologized but he patiently explained again. Still couldn't see much of these alphabets, but we managed to see the words 'follow me'
So we quickly said 'ok' and followed him into his adventure. He brought us into Fort Charles, and of course me and my sister went there before and yes again ended up in jail. But this time it's different, before we got up there, it was already noisy and packed with players. They were invading this place!

Me and my sister was so amazed because we had never really seen these many players before. (Now I realize that we didn't choose our server back then, so we always ended in quiet servers, for that time, we must have been allocated in Abassa server!)
We quickly joined the fight but because of low leveling skills, and as expected we were killed in one shot, lol! We were about to go to jail as usual, but Henry healed us, and used his doll to get us into full health. Wow, we were never ever healed by anyone before, and were really thankful to him.
But we were knocked out too many times, so he typed something in the chatbox, even though we couldn't see the lines clearly, but we knew what he meant by guessing and combining some of the clearly seen words. He basically asked us to attack only when he said so, and not to touch these enemies first, so that we could survive and gain the loot.
We followed his instructions and only attacked when he asked us to, the plan worked out well! For the very first time, we gained so much of golds. Soon me and my sister fell in love with looting!

What your guild was?
Before we left the game and prepared for school tomorrow, Henry friended us and asked us to join his guild, which didn't have a specific name (just Guild with numbers), with 47 members. Then we logged off reluctantly.
Me and my sister were so happy to be accepted as a part of the Caribbean raiders and we decided to buy a graphic card for better communications in the future.

What your favotire memory was=
With a better upgraded graphical computer, we played the game even more and looted a lot more than we usually did.
With Henry's great steering, me and my sister were then finally able to enjoy the fascination of sailing, well... without being sunk by ferrets after we sailed off Port Royal for two feet like we used to be, lol!
We defeated lots of flag ships with guild members along, and it was so much fun. Then we would invade Kingshead and looted as much as possible.
It was always good to have these trustworthy and good skilled pirate friends around me and my sister, since we were only to be able playing this game limitedly.
We were always welcomed by their warm greetings, and they were always ready and very willing to give our character 'Pirate' a helpful hand whenever he quested, no matter how small or troublesome the quest was, such as sinking ferrets or killing little crabs.

Soon the old broken computer was transferred to our cousins, since our parents thought that me and my sister were all grown up and should stop playing games as often, and should think more about our further educations and future.
As reluctant as we were, our parents was right.
After some years, my sister was graduated from school, and moved to another town for her studies and careers. Me as well, didn't play the game as much and was more concentrated on studies and examinations.

Not long ago, I found out the game was officially closed, and informed my sister about this bad news through phone. She was definitely as sad as me, because this game meant so much to both of us and it was a really amazing memory.

Your earliest screenshots=
Screenshots were not taken back then, but memories that lived inside me and my sister's head were so much more livelier and clearer.

Henry, if you ever read this post, i hope you're doing well now. Sorry for just leaving the game like that without saying farewell. Thank you for bringing me and my sister into the world of Caribbean, and granted us our pirate's fascination. It was an honour to be one of your friends and guild members.
Hopefully some day in the future, we will meet each other again in the game, and share good ole memories with my sister and Rose, Katie, Jack, Amanda, Bob, Danny.
My character will still be named 'Pirate', and this time... let's not have our first meet outside of Port Royal Jail... lol! :) Take Care!

I joined early 2008 and played til it closed.
My guild was dark sith, but was in the united outlaws for a while
but ended up back in dark sith.
Favorite activity was sailing looking for the admirals cutlass.
Never did find though. Found everything else lol.
My best moment was finding el patrons sword it seemed like 3 years
of looting to get that sword.
I also liked old tortuga better than the updated one.

Attachments

• awesomefind.jpg
    awesomefind.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Beta 2007. I played TTO for awhile, and got an e-mail about POTCO. At first, didn't even try it, but the same friend who got me into TTO showed me POTCO, and I was hooked

El Looters!

Sailing. It was the best thing about the game and was my favourite thing to do.

When I first joined the El Looters. I was a level 24, and the whole guild, which wasnt that big at the time, helped me reach level 30, and get my first Cursed Blade :D

Due to the massive amount of entries for the contest that I devised, I have decided with the help of @Kris , to pick my top 10 favorite and put them into a hat and then draw 3 randomly. I will pick 5 from Facebook and 5 from the forums to put into the hat. The winners will be announced next Saturday.

Hello, I am applying for an alpha key account

When you started potco:

I started back when it first launched, back in 2007 I believe.

What your guild was when you played potco:
I hate to admit it but I cant for the life of me remember what my guild was, there were only had like 10 members or something. Mostly just our friends, I think we were call Rek-9 but that is just a guess.

What your favorite activity was to do in potco:
My two favorite things (couldn't decide on one) was sailing the seven seas with a crew and robbing any ship that so much as looked at us the wrong way and defending against invasions, those were so epic and everyone in the community got to take part in it.

What your favorite memory was of potco:
My favorite memory was when Tortuga was being invaded and we were getting our butt kicked. Jolly Rodger got to the tavern and started attacking the hell out of it but then suddenly he retreated and the tavern had like 5 hp left, everyone freaked out and it was so great to see everyone unite to beat back evil.

No screenshots unfortunately, my computer has been wiped five times sense then.

When you started potco:
I started playing POTCO in 2008 under the old skinny pirate Kaptin Shany. A few months later, I fell out of the game in favor of Disney's Toontown, which I consider a pretty big mistake nowadays. That held up until November of 2012, where the thought suddenly dawned on me to pick up POTCO again. Seeing as I could not for the life of me figure out my username and password, (There ended up being a space in the username!) I started another pirate under the name Bort Greasegorb. I was pretty surprised at some of the changes.

Even though I went through lots of tribulation with my guildmates even resulting in a temporary demotion, being an officer of Dark Archive was an honor. My alts were in Emerald Regiment and Darbodaen Fury and I loved both of them as well. Masters and Skulls never worked out, however.

I blew at PvP aside from that one time I 3-0'd a fellow guildmate and jumper in less than 3 minutes before he quit the match. I was never a fan of mat runs or SvS. However, it was looting that kept me going in the game. Even though it seems like a repetitive boring task, there was always that sense of anticipation waiting for something good to drop and your guildies to talk with. Just turn on the right music, strike up a conversation in the chat and fire away.

I had plans to write an entire book series about "The Legendary Cursed Tales of Bort Greasegorb", but I unfortunately dropped it because I couldn't remember every little detail of my POTCO life. I had the idea to write a timeline of events, but I never went through with it. For now, one memory I will always cherish is the time a pirate named Nate Shipwalker asked me to find his "ex-girlfriend", Amelia Sterncutter. I accepted and a whole new adventure opened up. For example, my guildmaster, who didn't even have membership and was level 14, somehow knew her! Eventually, Nate Shipwalker quit the game, effectively meaning the quest was over. However, some time later, I actually did find her and we became friends!

(optional) your earliest screenshot you have from potco:
I have screenshots of Kaptin Shany in 2008, but they're on another slower computer which I don't feel like booting up. Instead, here is the first screenshot ever taken of Bort Greasegorb, warning a crew of a nearby enemy ship, before I knew how little they cared. We all start somewhere.
screenshot_2012-11-11_16-54-44.jpg
In addition, here are some pictures taken from the making of Bort!
gorb.png boat.png Boat Greasborb.PNG

I started POTCO back in 2007. I took a break for a while (how naive I used to be) and came back in 2010.

I was in the guild T S U N A M I. (Fun fact: JohnnyDaPirate was the guildmaster as 'Johnny' for a while and some of his pirates were in it.)

My favorite activity was sailing. I was a pretty decent captain and greatly enjoyed the simplicity of sailing. I loved to exploit the "broadsides fire in the direction your opponent is sailing" by stopping just after my opponent fired a broadside so it would harmlessly pass in front of me.

I have two favorite memories. My first is taking down a 'Phantom' skeleton ship with a light sloop.
My second favorite memory was getting strong enough that in an invasion I took a hit from one of Jolly's dark lightning bolts and lived. Needless to say, afterwards I was basically like "Did'ja see it? I took a bolt to the face, yeah!"

Runner-up favorite memory would be getting my first cursed sword. Oh how I wish the game had stayed out longer to see where Disney was going with that.

I humbly submit my entry

When you started potco:

When I first started playing POTCO I was only 9-10 years old (early 2008) and just arrived to the USA without knowing a single word of english (but I knew how to say hello though). Boy, I was so scared the first weeks of school my legs were shaking. Then was when I learned about POTCO from watching TV, back then there were lots of POTCO commercials on television and decided to give it a try. The game certainly helped me socialize with the other kids in the school and I eventually ended up loving it with all my heart.
Sadly enough, when I left the USA, I lost contact with all the friends I had so this game really does have a heavy sentimental feel to it no other game has ever had for me.

I had quite a handful of guilds, some of them led by myself, heck, one of them had its ranks filled within a single day! The guild was called EITC Elites so the day after it was created its name was revoked by the admins, :'( it was the first ever guild with the EITC name in it though! mid 2008.
Anyway, I had lots of fun in the Savvy Academy with my secondary character Little Phil as well. Plundered so many ships I had no space left in my pockets hehe.

My favourite thing by far was PvP of course, along with sailing! Played tons of games and I think I even dueled Spade once, but I'm not so sure about that... Oh man he was pretty annoying to deal with in PvP trust me.
By the way, I also loved flipping a coin in the middle of Tortuga and overall just hanging out with my friends, leveling up my cutlass and plundering gold to mindlessly spend it all on cosmetics ;)

The best and most sentimental memory I have of this game was when my parents first decided to gift me unlimited access. Man I was so thirsty to buy the iron cutlass, get my skull face tattoo and just take off the dingy long coat and shirt to show off tons of tattoos and, most importantly, get my lovely lovely dagger.
Back then basic access members couldn't even take off any of their clothes so you can imagine the hype I went through when I first bought my light galleon and sailed the seas without having any limitations. Happiest memory of POTCO I have by far! I could finally rush into the old Fort Charles and kick some navy butt with my new weapons and looks. The day after I was already level 30 from the level 12 basic access I used to have :D.

Your oldest screenshot:
I don't have any screenshots sadly - but I still have my old youtube account here somewhere... please forgive the ego you might find, I was only 11! https://www.youtube.com/user/PabloSwordmaster

Last edited:
When you started potco: 2008 I think
What your guild was when you played potco: none
What your favorite activity was to do in potco: boarding
What your favorite memory was of potco: The first time I was at a jolly roger invasion of port royal

Hello, Drewski. I will submit my application for an account in TLOPO.
my guild for all my time in potco was undefeatable.
my favorite activity was fight undead i loved my gun
my favorite memory was soloing an invasion.
a screenshot from potco:
picture.php

Hello, Drewski. I will submit my application for an account in TLOPO.
my guild for all my time in potco was undefeatable.
my favorite activity was fight undead i loved my gun
my favorite memory was soloing an invasion.
a screenshot from potco:
picture.php
Nice screenshot from Test, but are you sure that's yours? ;)

Hey, I'm just going to try to throw my hat in the ring at the last minute here.

When did I start PotCO?
I started PotCO back in around December in 2007, but due to internet issues, couldn't play it until better improvements. When I did fully get into it in late 2010 or early 2011, it was either December or January can't quite remember sorry about that.

What was my guild when I played PotCO?
When I started to fully play, my first Guild was called Resurrected. Ironically the GM went inactive and it eventually whittled away and died. The next guild that I was in until the games end was Fantasma Armada.

What was my favorite activity to do in PotCO?
Like I guess most people, it was looting. I didn't quite mind it, I just always got excited if there was something new I just found whether it was a rare or a famed.
Sailing was another big thing for me. Getting out the Ship and just doing some sailing with friends and guildmates was the best part.
(Also SvS, Most fond memory of that was the music playing when you sunk... obviously I didn't hear it a lot during my career... well maybe a little... anyways... Let's get back on track)

What is my favorite memory from PotCO?
Geeze, there are so many to choose. I mean, there was the moment when I was looting with a friend and found my first Legendary. There was also the time where we had 22 people online in the guild, so I helped organize a svs on an empty server. Instead of what I was hoping for a lot of ships and such, everyone just bundled either on my ship or another guildmates ship filling each one up so it was a 1v1 with both ships full. If I knew that was going to happen I would have picked a bigger ship. Ultimately it just turned into everyone having the same tactic of shooting out the sails, and no one would repair. So it turned into a game to see who would get their sails shotdown first and then sunk.

I sadly didn't know how to take screenshots for the longest time *cough*a*cough*year*cough* so most of my first screenshots were from 2012. Yet ironically, in the first 13 of the screenshots I have from 2012 is from that aforementioned memory. So if that's alright, I'll post that one.
screenshot_2012-04-01_21-22-32.jpg

Well, it's not often we find a new member who's from Test, so I just did a reverse image search on it. Turns out it's from here, scroll halfway down the link. Nate Badcutter's screenshot posted on his POTCO Wikia page. Gabriel, pretty sure it's not yours :reading::smh:

Edit: Drewski, just in case you were interested in the origin and plagiarism and such :cheers:

Nice investigative skills! I would've never known where to look!

Hey, I'm just going to try to throw my hat in the ring at the last minute here.

When did I start PotCO?
I started PotCO back in around December in 2007, but due to internet issues, couldn't play it until better improvements. When I did fully get into it in late 2010 or early 2011, it was either December or January can't quite remember sorry about that.

What was my guild when I played PotCO?
When I started to fully play, my first Guild was called Resurrected. Ironically the GM went inactive and it eventually whittled away and died. The next guild that I was in until the games end was Fantasma Armada.

What was my favorite activity to do in PotCO?
Like I guess most people, it was looting. I didn't quite mind it, I just always got excited if there was something new I just found whether it was a rare or a famed.
Sailing was another big thing for me. Getting out the Ship and just doing some sailing with friends and guildmates was the best part.
(Also SvS, Most fond memory of that was the music playing when you sunk... obviously I didn't hear it a lot during my career... well maybe a little... anyways... Let's get back on track)

What is my favorite memory from PotCO?
Geeze, there are so many to choose. I mean, there was the moment when I was looting with a friend and found my first Legendary. There was also the time where we had 22 people online in the guild, so I helped organize a svs on an empty server. Instead of what I was hoping for a lot of ships and such, everyone just bundled either on my ship or another guildmates ship filling each one up so it was a 1v1 with both ships full. If I knew that was going to happen I would have picked a bigger ship. Ultimately it just turned into everyone having the same tactic of shooting out the sails, and no one would repair. So it turned into a game to see who would get their sails shotdown first and then sunk.

I sadly didn't know how to take screenshots for the longest time *cough*a*cough*year*cough* so most of my first screenshots were from 2012. Yet ironically, in the first 13 of the screenshots I have from 2012 is from that aforementioned memory. So if that's alright, I'll post that one. View attachment 67622
:good post:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back