TLOPO Trading Teaser

It was not posted by a TLOPO staff member and nobody has said otherwise. Therefore, it is assumed to be 100% fake.
Multiple TLOPO staff members have replied to this thread, and in reality, if it had been fake then the first thing they probably would have done is at least question the legitimacy of it, if not deny it entirely. Also, the fact that they haven't confirmed it doesn't necessarily mean it's fake, because if this is real and it had been leaked, then they wouldn't want to ruin the surprise by confirming it. It's also possible that they leaked this on purpose in an effort to nonchalantly start a discussion about whether or not trading should be implemented according to the people whose opinions matter most (the players). It seems, in my opinion, like this is real, due to the fact that the TLOPO staff have not questioned the legitimacy of it and have rather just avoided that subject completely.

It was not posted by a TLOPO staff member and nobody has said otherwise. Therefore, it is assumed to be 100% fake.

Multiple TLOPO staff members have replied to this thread, and in reality, if it had been fake then the first thing they probably would have done is at least question the legitimacy of it, if not deny it entirely. Also, the fact that they haven't confirmed it doesn't necessarily mean it's fake, because if this is real and it had been leaked, then they wouldn't want to ruin the surprise by confirming it. It's also possible that they leaked this on purpose in an effort to nonchalantly start a discussion about whether or not trading should be implemented according to the people whose opinions matter most (the players). It seems, in my opinion, like this is real, due to the fact that the TLOPO staff have not questioned the legitimacy of it and have rather just avoided that subject completely.

I think it is clear where we stand on the legitimacy of this. They would have denied it by now if it was truly fake. It has been a good chunk of time (a week) and plenty staffers have seen it and had the time to bring it up to others who know about this topic to relay feedback. If the ones who would have developed this hadn't, then we would have had a statement by now that trading has never been in the works or something along those lines.

I think it is clear where we stand on the legitimacy of this. They would have denied it by now if it was truly fake. It has been a good chunk of time (a week) and plenty staffers have seen it and had the time to bring it up to others who know about this topic to relay feedback. If the ones who would have developed this hadn't, then we would have had a statement by now that trading has never been in the works or something along those lines.

I just want you and the rest of everyone with fancy red names to remember that most players don't even touch these forums.

I've asked many crews in-game how they feel about the possibility of trading, and the almost unanimous response is "wait, what, there might be trading?!"

Many many people in-game were confused about their cannon rams going missing. I had to explain it quite a few times, and I'm sure every guild and crew had confused players they had to relay that story to. Another example of most people not reading anything posted here.

Don't forget these people, TLOPO staff.

The other issue is most of the polls on these forums are voting yes to trading, but most of the comments are saying no. I'm thinking this is a case of vocal minority - it seems like more people are against trading than there are for it, because those people are being loud about their distaste for it. Whereas many players who like the idea of trading just aren't speaking up.

TL;DR - If this whole video thing isn't a joke, I just want the developers to be careful about how they take the community feedback. Remember, there are hundreds of unaccounted for players that don't use the forums, and never fall victim to the "vocal minority".

I just want you and the rest of everyone with fancy red names to remember that most players don't even touch these forums.

I've asked many crews in-game how they feel about the possibility of trading, and the almost unanimous response is "wait, what, there might be trading?!"

Many many people in-game were confused about their cannon rams going missing. I had to explain it quite a few times, and I'm sure every guild and crew had confused players they had to relay that story to. Another example of most people not reading anything posted here.

Don't forget these people, TLOPO staff.

The other issue is most of the polls on these forums are voting yes to trading, but most of the comments are saying no. I'm thinking this is a case of vocal minority - it seems like more people are against trading than there are for it, because those people are being loud about their distaste for it. Whereas many players who like the idea of trading just aren't speaking up.

TL;DR - If this whole video thing isn't a joke, I just want the developers to be careful about how they take the community feedback. Remember, there are hundreds of unaccounted for players that don't use the forums, and never fall victim to the "vocal minority".

That is no fault of ours, they should have read the release notes posted on the website: https://tlopo.com/releases/

Maintenance
  • Disabled Cannon Defense until various issues are corrected.
  • Due to the ease in which cannon rams were obtained due to Cannon Defense having multiple bugs, the TLOPO Crew decided that rather than a roll back, rams would individually be removed from all inventories.

That is no fault of ours, they should have read the release notes posted on the website: https://tlopo.com/releases/

Maintenance
  • Disabled Cannon Defense until various issues are corrected.
  • Due to the ease in which cannon rams were obtained due to Cannon Defense having multiple bugs, the TLOPO Crew decided that rather than a roll back, rams would individually be removed from all inventories.

Never said it was your fault! I'm just saying if you guys are asking for community feedback don't forget about people that don't read the forums.

Sorry, but in all honesty I think your idea is beyond terrible. +1 for creativity, but your system would create an insane amount of tediousness when it comes to trading.
Thanks for being honest. Just trying to compromise here, and encourage others to do so. We need some kind of solution to this debate, so I encourage everyone to think of a great way to compromise that makes both sides fairly happy.

Back