TLOPO Trading Teaser

italian spiderman.gif

Would be kind of cool but I hope there are rules for trading, like for example you can only trade crude for crude common for common etc.. also I know people will abuse it like trading silver freeze for el patron or another legendary so why not make it so you have to trade sword for sword dagger for dagger etc.. also there might be level 1s with good brights so brights for brights and maybe make it so you have to be a certain level to trade brights just a thought..

Would be kind of cool but I hope there are rules for trading, like for example you can only trade crude for crude common for common etc.. also I know people will abuse it like trading silver freeze for el patron or another legendary so why not make it so you have to trade sword for sword dagger for dagger etc.. also there might be level 1s with good brights so brights for brights and maybe make it so you have to be a certain level to trade brights just a thought..
No. There should be absolutely no restrictions on what items should be traded.

such rules would really hinder the system and ruin a lot of the point to trading. If someone wants a famed dagger and has a famed pistol that they don't want, why not let them trade? I don't see how trading a silver freeze for el patron or another legendary would be abuse if both parties wanted the trade to happen.

This seems kind of fake. I'd ask a staff member to confirm or deny, but if this is real and it got leaked somehow when they wanted it to be a surprise, then they might just try to ignore it.

No. There should be absolutely no restrictions on what items should be traded.
Ok I get its people's decisions but having level 1s with good brights is kind of outrageous in my opinion also peope will complain about unfair trades even if it was their decision that's just how people are with a trading system

Not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand, it will make gifting items and gold to other pirates possible, which would be great! On the other hand, it would make it possible to transfer wealth between 2 of your own pirates, which I'm not excited about.

Ok I get its people's decisions but having level 1s with good brights is kind of outrageous in my opinion also peope will complain about unfair trades even if it was their decision that's just how people are with a trading system
It's not hard to tell if a trade is unfair with how simple the tier system in this game is. Legendary is better than famed is better than rare is better than common is better than crude, with very few exceptions. Also, if they got the item themselves, they should know how rare it is. I guess people could get cheated out of brights, but they can only be found after level 20, after which point people should know better.

Abassa Tortuga will look just like a Runescape bank with this. Personally, I don't want to see everyone and their dog running around with legendary items just because some high level wanted ship upgrades and sold it for cheap to get a quick boost. That's just a hypothetical scenario.

The game was designed at its core to work with self progress. I fear a trading system might be incompatible without first implementing some major updates in the form of additional content. Would it break the game as it currently is? I certainly think it has the potential, but those are just my first thoughts.

To you people against trading, may I ask why you think trading will ruin the game? I never understood how you people could feel so strongly against someone being able to get an item. It doesn't even have an effect on your gameplay so why are you so against people getting an item they've been wanting? I am always in support of trading in games with RNG based looting, because some people are just incredibly unlucky and can never get an item they search for relentlessly.

Back