TLOPO Trading Teaser

I never understood people who were against trading in POTCO, and I always always always thought it was long overdue.

You know why POTCO didn't have trading? Because it was a game marketed for children. You know who is easy to scam? Children. The only reason there was no trading in POTCO was for the players' security. I'm pretty confident if POTCO was marketed towards older players a trading system would have been implemented before it was even released!

As for TLOPO, I feel like the majority of players are more mature than what Disney had in mind for POTCO, so we should be able to handle it.

And the truth is, an economy is a massive part of any MMO. People are saying TLOPO will lose players because people will stop looting - well, there may be some truth to that but only because that's how POTCO was forced to be and we've gotten used to it.

Consider that every single top MMO ever has a very lively economy. In almost every MMO out there, and certainly all of the big name ones, trading is a huge part of the game. Without it they would die.

The only concern I have here is that the 200,000 gold cap needs to be massively increased if trading is to become a thing. Assuming gold is stored as an integer it can be increased to 2.1 billion without requiring any more space on the servers!

Also I never understood the point in a gold cap anyway. Perhaps just to stop people from racking up enough to start giving it away in poker games.

I will tell you why. Ask yourself what keeps you playing day after day? Is it socializing with your guild? Then most likely trading will have little effect on those people.

Is it because of that elusive item that you want? Ok... What if you can get it by trading. What then? Now you have everything you wanted in the game. Do you know what happens to those people? They get bored and move on to another game.
Why do you all assume that EVERYONE plays solely for looting?? That isn't the case and if you think we all play for the sole purpose of looting then you should open your eyes. Yes, some people loot, and guess what, they can keep looting. Stop forcing us too because you want to feel superior because you got luckier than us.

Why do you all assume that EVERYONE plays solely for looting?? That isn't the case and if you think we all play for the sole purpose of looting then you should open your eyes. Yes, some people loot, and guess what, they can keep looting. Stop forcing us too because you want to feel superior because you got luckier than us.

I did not assume 'everyone'. I said "Is it because... " , which implies a conditional statement. Please do not assume things I did not say. I have no clue how you interpreted my words to mean I felt superior or luckier (if that was directed at me).

At no point did I imply that everybody has to loot. The only thing on this game that is not 'looting' is PVP, SVS, and potions. Everything else provides random loot. Therefore in order to avoid 'looting', you would only PVP, SVS, or do potions. There may be people out there who do only those things and that's fine but I do feel that is a small percentage. I certainly did not imply in my post that people are being forced to loot to get the things they want because it is a byproduct of playing this game (most parts of it) - unless your play time is purely social.

Last edited:
Is it real? I don't wanna get hyped for something that isn't gonna be in the game.
Even if it is I wouldn't get too hyped. I've played plenty of loot based games and the community for each one throws an absolute fit anytime someone can actually get an item. Probably won't happen, especially seeing as how this community is just as close minded it seems.

I think this is fake. Why would the dev team be focusing on adding new things, especially something as controversial as this, when they haven't even added the entire vanilla game yet? If anything, if there was anything being tested deep in a dev-only server, it'd probably be the sea monsters around Escondida.

I think this is fake. Why would the dev team be focusing on adding new things, especially something as controversial as this, when they haven't even added the entire vanilla game yet? If anything, if there was anything being tested deep in a dev-only server, it'd probably be the sea monsters around Escondida.
I hold my stance, if they EVER add trading. I will quit this game. Would 100% kill looters integrity.

To all the true pirates who loot the Caribbean daily for the Lost Sword, for Admiral's or Silver Freeze or for a Black Shark Blade or maybe their DB set of clothes, I ask where would the satisfaction be in clicking one button to get the item you desire? Maybe it's ok for some pirates who just 'want' something, or so they can be able to say they have it. But for true pirates who thrive on the adventure of the hunt, I'd rather loot these items on my own. If we loot a spare should we be able to give it to our own alts? I don't know about that either.

I think it would take too much fun away from us, the fun of the agony of hunting day in and day out for treasured items we seek.

If this becomes a real thing I will quit this game.
You do realize you don't have to trade right? You'll quit if this is added? That's pretty selfish of you to say, If you want to just grind to get stuff then by all means do so but don't try and think saying something like " I'll quit " is going to stop them from implementing trading, I remember you said you'll quit if they put the padres sword in the game if they don't nerf it..

Back