TLOPO Trading Teaser

I don't understand why this is such a huge argument? It's not gonna devalue anything, it's not gonna "take away from the experience", you do realize that? This stuff is still going to have to come from somewhere. Nobody is just gonna make this stuff go *poof* into their inventory, so if anything, it will give even more meaning to looting. On top of that, guess what, people aren't going to sell you these incredibly rare items for cheap, so you're still gonna have to loot for the gold to afford it. It's just creating a breathing economy. For instance, I don't use daggers much, so if trading were implemented, I could sell any famed knives I come across, to someone who actually wants them, and will actually use them. It's a win-win. I get gold, or maybe a sword I want, while someone else gets the knives they want. Lastly, nobody is holding you ar gunpoint, telling you you have to trade. Don't want to? Don't. It's simple. I feel like complaining about it, and threatening to leave the game is a little extreme. I personally welcome this, should it be real.

I don't understand why this is such a huge argument? It's not gonna devalue anything, it's not gonna "take away from the experience", you do realize that? This stuff is still going to have to come from somewhere. Nobody is just gonna make this stuff go *poof* into their inventory, so if anything, it will give even more meaning to looting. On top of that, guess what, people aren't going to sell you these incredibly rare items for cheap, so you're still gonna have to loot for the gold to afford it. It's just creating a breathing economy. For instance, I don't use daggers much, so if trading were implemented, I could sell any famed knives I come across, to someone who actually wants them, and will actually use them. It's a win-win. I get gold, or maybe a sword I want, while someone else gets the knives they want. Lastly, nobody is holding you ar gunpoint, telling you you have to trade. Don't want to? Don't. It's simple. I feel like complaining about it, and threatening to leave the game is a little extreme. I personally welcome this, should it be real.
Your using the same arguments that other have used. Most of these arguments have already been answered by those who are against trading for example. It's going to take away from the experience because you can get great items from looters who have dups and all.
People can and will sell you something good for something bad to be nice or if you ask and they have dups. If you don't wanna trade you don't have to but then others will have a lot better weapons than you. Gaining an advantage over you in SvS or PvP.

Your using the same arguments that other have used. Most of these arguments have already been answered by those who are against trading for example. It's going to take away from the experience because you can get great items from looters who have dups and all.
People can and will sell you something good for something bad to be nice or if you ask and they have dups. If you don't wanna trade you don't have to but then others will have a lot better weapons than you. Gaining an advantage over you in SvS or PvP.
He's voicing his opinion even if it's the same as others. I could say the same for the people in the opposition who add their opinions to this but I'm not. People can post their opinions.

He's voicing his opinion even if it's the same as others. I could say the same for the people in the opposition who add their opinions to this but I'm not. People can post their opinions.
Yes I know but he is asking why this is an issue and giving his reasons why it's not one. I'm giving him my reasons why it is one.

I don't intend to have broken-record-syndrome, but I wholeheartedly agree with those people. And the "you're taking away from the experience of the game" is a double edged sword. Let people play the game the way they want, should they want to trade, let them. Some people don't have the time or patience to do all that looting, so, the ones that do loot, get the opportunity to make a bit of coin, I honestly don't understand the problem, but that's just me. In the end, just let everyone play the game they want, you don't have to trade with others, but it doesn't seem fair to shun them for wanting to play the game the way they want.

i say remove the gold cap and let the community set prices for the weapons

AKA a legondary weapon would be like 5M gold or somthing

Does anyone get tired of this constant bickering of "Oh, the devs did this! The game is ruined! Oh, the devs did that! I won't play anymore!" Over things that honestly don't warrant that extreme of a reaction. Trading, just like the queue system, can be for the betterment of the game, given time to be worked on, even if people just don't want to see it. Even though to looters it may seem to "detract the value of things like legendaries and brights", but then again, where do those items come from in the first place? Looters. How often do people find duplicate decent famed weapons? Not that much. Is it mandatory that one must make use of trading? Heck no! You can choose to do it or not.
Those who wanna throw a pity party and "quit" can do so, because like it or not, if this is going to be a thing there isn't much that will stop the devs from doing so. For instance; the implementation of the queue system, while there was a heated debate over it with many opposing opinions of it, it still is here, and being improved upon as time goes on.
I guess all I'm saying here is just give it a bloody chance before going full ape mode about it. Please?

Farm the same spot?? Explain.
I said I would not respond to this post anymore, but since a staff is asking...

You would simple make low level pirates (Anywhere from 15-30) just enough to have good hit accuracy. Then simple have the alt parties use either A broadsword swing, Cutlass Skill "Sweep", Dagger skill "Viper's Nest" Dagger Type "Dagger whirlwind" Grenade type "Smoke bomb" or "Stink pot" to hit the enemy ONCE. - Then your main pirate (The heavy hitter) will simply one shot them all with either (Grenade or Blunderbuss) for example, at south idol. Then whatever pirate gets the brights/famed/legendary simply TRADES it to the MAIN pirate.

Doubling the amount of loot chances/drops you get by however many pirates you can micro at a time.

You would simple make low level pirates (Anywhere from 15-30) just enough to have good hit accuracy. Then simple have the alt parties use either A broadsword swing, Cutlass Skill "Sweep", Dagger skill "Viper's Nest" Dagger Type "Dagger whirlwind" Grenade type "Smoke bomb" or "Stink pot" to hit the enemy ONCE. - Then your main pirate (The heavy hitter) will simply one shot them all with either (Grenade or Blunderbuss) for example, at south idol. Then whatever pirate gets the brights/famed/legendary simply TRADES it to the MAIN pirate.

Doubling the amount of loot chances/drops you get by however many pirates you can micro at a time.
You do realize, that you can't play on the same account, with two pirates, at the same time don't you?

You do realize, that you can't play on the same account, with two pirates, at the same time don't you?
Its easy enough to make another account. Back when there were play times, I used one account to check if any slots were open. I'm sure many people have them. What Charles is referring to is already an issue with SvS or PvP infamy swap... Do you think anyone legitimately got to rank 5 SvS within the first week it was released? Uh no. Either they sank an alt, or had a guildmate help. Its that simple.

Heaven help us if making alts starts becoming an issue at say, Darkhart or south idol, just for the sake of trading.

I think ship materials ought to be tradeable... No to everything else.

This is called exploiting, as far as I'm concerned.

If the staff agrees with me, that would make this a bannable offence.

Many MMO's don't allow players to have multiple accounts. Yes they can literally go make them, but if they're discovered to be interacting between two of their own accounts they get reprimanded.

Many MMO's don't allow players to have multiple accounts. Yes they can literally go make them, but if they're discovered to be interacting between two of their own accounts they get reprimanded.
I'm sure the staff wants to keep track of what every pirate trades with another... I don't think you all see the DRAMA effect it will have. >_>

"Oh he's cheating they know each other! How do you know it's not an alt!"
"I did not mean to trade that! Give it back!"
"Was that a fair deal, what is the value of weapons!? :( I gave my Skullbone Repeat for Admiral's Cutlass"
So on and so forth...

Maybe a good way to deal with the whole trading to an alt account is just to have it so you can't trade with accounts at the same IP address? Maybe it would just lock them out if they attempt to trade with an account using the same IP address, preventing trades to alt accounts.
And to prevent accidentally trading an item you actually want to keep it should give one or two notifications asking if you are sure about what to trade.
As for a fair deal, the people should be able to figure out what that should mean. Maybe have it so it must be roughly equal in terms of gold price being swapped between players, as to prevent the controversial idea of someone new being gifted a Legendary?
Just my thoughts.

I mostly agree with the previous post. There should be notifications, asking if you were sure you wanted to trade, I imagine there would be if trading were implemented. And as for the "unfair deal"? I hold each player equally responsible for that. Because again, nobody is holding a gun to your head, forcing you to trade, and more specifically, forcing you to trade certain items. Both parties are involved in a trade. If you think the deal was bad, that's just as much your fault, as the other party involved in the trade

Last edited:
Why do you all assume that EVERYONE plays solely for looting?? That isn't the case and if you think we all play for the sole purpose of looting then you should open your eyes. Yes, some people loot, and guess what, they can keep looting. Stop forcing us too because you want to feel superior because you got luckier than us.
Luckier?? It's all rng based , the more you loot the better chance you have of getting a valuable item. It's honestly sad that people can't put in some effort to get a famed or legendary weapon. The whole point of those weapons is for them to be hard to find. Trading would ruin the whole idea of hard to find weapons.

Luckier?? It's all rng based , the more you loot the better chance you have of getting a valuable item. It's honestly sad that people can't put in some effort to get a famed or legendary weapon. The whole point of those weapons is for them to be hard to find. Trading would ruin the whole idea of hard to find weapons.
It's all a matter of perspective. Some people just don't care for looting, others enjoy it. Besides, it's not a matter of being too lazy, sometimes it's a matter of time. Real world lives come before this one, and not everyone has time to spend hours at Darkhart, or South Idol, or what have you, constantly killing the same enemy over, and over, and over again, until they stumble across a good weapon. I personally find that rather boring myself. Besides, there's still gonna be work put into getting these items. It's not like looting will come to a screeching halt. People will still need to loot the valuable weapons, and the other people will still need to accumulate whatever they're going to trade for said valuable weapon. Whether that be gold, or a certain weapon. Nobody is gonna get "lazy", it's just gonna be a different form of looting.

I personally don't think it should be bannable (at the moment) but I had bigger plans for PvP and SvS awhile back and maybe I'll get around to making a concept for it!

Back