TLOPO Trading Teaser

People are complaining about fairness in PvP but I think trading will make PvP much more fair.

Not everyone has the spare time to spend hours grinding away for specific items. Many people currently will lag behind in SvS because they don't have the time to get a super ship, nor the time to obtain any good cannon rams. Trading would alleviate that issue greatly.

yes..this is really twords the people that say traiding will give new players a boost (which all it does is give them a weapon to look fowords to when they are the level need)
This doesn't make sense to me.
The point is that people are eventually going to get to the max lvl and when they do they are going to use their new weapons a few time and then be bored.

Also don't forget that max lvl players can trade. So it's not like you HAVE to wait to get an item.

People are complaining about fairness in PvP but I think trading will make PvP much more fair.

Not everyone has the spare time to spend hours grinding away for specific items. Many people currently will lag behind in SvS because they don't have the time to get a super ship, nor the time to obtain any good cannon rams. Trading would alleviate that issue greatly.
Right people would skip the whole looting part of the game (which in my opinion and the opinion of many others is the best part of the game) just to be able to SvS or PvP quickly.

This results in them loosing the fun and agony of looting and saving up to do harder things such as PvP SvS.

For example I constantly save up for upgrades on my ship or save up for other things. When I finally buy what I want and use it a few times I realize that the actual fun came just from saving up. Then I get bored with what I bought.
This is what happened when I saved up for a War Brig.

isnt that said for all players?
EDIT: they might find out they dont like the sword they waited to use for so long so they look for a new one
That's not the case when their is no trading because most players will still want to loot and get better items to show off.

Just a thought but if something is that hard to get hold of I would think it would be priced accordingly. So you can spend all those hours looting and trying to get this amazing weapon you just have to have or you can loot for all those hours to get the gold to buy it either way you're looting. Trading allows you to eventually for sure get the item would be the only difference as far as I can tell. Don't think you'll be seeing many legendary weapons in the 10k range I would think it would be ok I want the full 200k and some ship materials.

My question, where would the additional supply of weapons come for for everyone to have these powerful weapons? I understand duplicates and what not, but if people are just trying to trade for a certain weapon aren't they going to need to acquire something to trade for it at first? If I wanted weapon X from pirate X I would need to acquire something that pirate X finds of equal value as weapon X... obviously people would be able to gift weapons to friends etc etc but people are still going to have to loot to find something of value to trade in most cases, I really don't care if this was implemented or not, just saying I don't believe there is going to suddenly be a larger supply of weapons to trade if they implemented this. Obviously I could be wrong about this and correct me if I am wrong.

This. TLOPO's mission to my knowledge still is to make the emulation of POTCO exactly like the real one. By extension, known planned features encompass that, whether we knew how they'd have executed it or not.
Just because the POTCO devs were going to do something four years ago doesn't mean our current TLOPO community will want it!

Just because the POTCO devs were going to do something four years ago doesn't mean our current TLOPO community will want it!
Yes peoples opinions might have and probably did change. I didn't know to much about trading back then but I probably wouldn't have minded it.
Now I am 100% completely against it. Why? I have started to enjoy looting much more and again,

TRADING WILL RUIN THE REWARDING EXPERINCE OF LOOTING.

Back