TLOPO Trading Teaser

My issue is people who are maxed finding heaps of good weapons and gold trading them to their own low level pirates or their friends low level pirates as a head start. I'd like restrictions on weapon grades, like you said :)
If that's what they choose to use trading for, then there's no problem with that. Them having a good weapon is going to very minimally impact their success in the game, as if they wanted they could grind all skills to max before doing any of the quest and it'd be just the same. Besides, most good weapons have a very high level requirement anyway, so it's not like they're going to be able to use it at level 1. They'll have to work for it, just not as much as they would've had to.

And equal value can vary from person to person. One might value it higher than another and you may never know the lesser value exists. One person could demand 200,000 gold for their El Patron while another could be only blades for blades.
Exactly, that is the nature of trading. People trade what they have for what they want, which varies from person to person. If all anyone wanted was legendaries then trading would affect much less people than it would otherwise. If someone would rather give a legendary than farm for 200,000 gold, then that is their decision to trade it away. But if someone spends all of their time farming for a legendary and they hit the gold cap from it, then their hours of hard work will be able to pay off.

its not the same though because you still have to earn the in-game money that is requested for the item you want so you have to grind for it while with Pay To Win you could pay $10 and get a OP sword right then and there no grinding and no loseing gold or not losing anything you trad for it
The term pay to win doesn't have to have a static meaning.
Pay
give (someone) money that is due for work done, goods received, or a debt incurred.

Win
be successful or victorious in (a contest or conflict).

Give money that is due for work to be successful or victorious. Or.. Pay to win. The concept is the same.

also i think everyone is forgetting one thing..

how are low levels getting a head start when weapons say "you need level # and above to use this weapon!"

like i have a pistol where i need lv 21 gun to use it and im lv 17 gun so i need to grind levels to use it

This.

Looting won't end and let's just say all the anti trade looters refuse to trade it'll just resolve itself to be a useless feature of the game. It can't be the end game if a ton of well known looters have basically implied they won't use this system because it's a terrible one. Not To mention there's a whole other ton of plans TLOPO has after full release. Isla Escondida is proof that once it is fully released we won't get anything else.

I think the only person who would trade for nothing is noobs and @Divine. You will definitely still have value for value it is called trading for a reason. *trade* Looting probably would never go away because maybe you don't have the swords but you have to get currency somehow and most people aren't going to give you great weapons for the assessed resale value by the game. You're not going to trade away ElPatrons for less than 10,000 gold but that is how much the game assesses it for. Players may even value stuff like that at 25-50% of the gold cap. You wouldn't know where it'd go, just that it's not gold you can easily get or something of just value.

1. If there isn't trading then they could always have their weapons trashed. This is purely an issue that will occur when you don't take necessary precautions to safeguard your account. There is a rare occasion people do get hacked and did everything they could but 90% of the time someone gets hacked it's their fault for not taking necessary precautions or understanding the risks. Seldom has anyone actually been hacked in the true essence of the word. It should be "I got stolen!"

2. Looting can be a big part but it's not the entire part. I know a lot of people who are working to get better ships for SvS rather than loot so they can be the best at it. I know there are plenty of people who PvP competitively like it's own sport. There will be incasions. There will be the QAR. There will be more stories as indicated by TLOPO themselves with Isla Escondida.
I applaud people like yourself finding the time to loot in a busy adult life. It's great. I wish I had the time a to commit dedication to this game to loot as often as you do. Unfortunately the average person doesn't. We shouldn't be punished for it. We can't work hours upon hours of looting when we have little time at all. I know for a fact no matter how often or how much time you put into looting that it can be frustrating. I know it is for you as I recall the admiral cutlass thread not long ago. Some, if not many of us, don't have that time. We would like to savor this game too but our hard work and energy goes into our real life where bills have to be paid or we have to learn in school so we can eventually pay bills for our lives. Trading doesn't devalue looting. It reinforces it.
Agree to disagree.

"Agree to disagree" is just another way of saying that you won't bother to look at the other side of the argument and will stick to what you think even if you know it's wrong.

"The term "agree to disagree" or "agreeing to disagree" is a phrase in English referring to the resolution of a conflict (usually a debate or quarrel) whereby all parties tolerate but do not accept the opposing position(s)."

If only people used textbook definitions for phrases.
he's not refusing to acknowledge your argument. This argument is based on our opinions of what will happen. We don't know what will happen for sure so all we can do is give opinions, which often leads to a stalemate. Neither of you can truly prove your opinion to be right, hence agree to disagree.

I think we all need to cool off for a bit, we don't even know if this is legit right now.

he's not refusing to acknowledge your argument. This argument is based on our opinions of what will happen. We don't know what will happen for sure so all we can do is give opinions, which often leads to a stalemate. Neither of you can truly prove your opinion to be right, hence agree to disagree.
It wasn't my argument, not saying he is refusing to acknowledge mine. He was responding to someone else.

I hold my stance, if they EVER add trading. I will quit this game. Would 100% kill looters integrity.
That's sadly very true...

To all the true pirates who loot the Caribbean daily for the Lost Sword, for Admiral's or Silver Freeze or for a Black Shark Blade or maybe their DB set of clothes, I ask where would the satisfaction be in clicking one button to get the item you desire? Maybe it's ok for some pirates who just 'want' something, or so they can be able to say they have it. But for true pirates who thrive on the adventure of the hunt, I'd rather loot these items on my own. If we loot a spare should we be able to give it to our own alts? I don't know about that either.

I think it would take too much fun away from us, the fun of the agony of hunting day in and day out for treasured items we seek.

I agree Pumpkin. The agony and pain of looting is so much more rewarding then getting an item from a click.

To all the true pirates who loot the Caribbean daily for the Lost Sword, for Admiral's or Silver Freeze or for a Black Shark Blade or maybe their DB set of clothes, I ask where would the satisfaction be in clicking one button to get the item you desire? Maybe it's ok for some pirates who just 'want' something, or so they can be able to say they have it. But for true pirates who thrive on the adventure of the hunt, I'd rather loot these items on my own. If we loot a spare should we be able to give it to our own alts? I don't know about that either.

I think it would take too much fun away from us, the fun of the agony of hunting day in and day out for treasured items we seek.
If you don't want to trade then don't trade. Don't worry about Stephen when he trades for one shirt... it's no big deal. If you don't want to trade, then don't trade. I get my satisfaction because I have the item... sure looting is great but if I want to get rid of some repeat brights for nice brights... then I will do it.

If you don't want to trade then don't trade. Don't worry about Stephen when he trades for one shirt... it's no big deal. If you don't want to trade, then don't trade. I get my satisfaction because I have the item... sure looting is great but if I want to get rid of some repeat brights for nice brights... then I will do it.
With clothes ok.

But with weapons if Stephen is trading but I am not then that would give Stephen an unfair advantage over me in fighting enemies and in PvP
Because Stephen would be getting items easier and more quickly than I would. He would probably even be getting items that I don't have and won't get for a while.

This would be unfair. Specifically in PvP and battling enemies.

With clothes ok.

But with weapons if Stephen is trading but I am not then that would give Stephen an unfair advantage over me in fighting enemies and in PvP
Because Stephen would be getting items easier and more quickly than I would. He would probably even be getting items that I don't have and won't get for a while.

That's your disadvantage for not using a feature to trade your good weapons for other good weapons. I'm not getting an unfair advantage if I'm using something that is legit and in the game. Looters have better weapons than other looters without trading. Think about a Jumper with thunderspine fighting someone with a weaker weapon? It happens with or without trading.

With clothes ok.

i say this again because it seems people ingnored me

all weapons say "you need to be level # to use this weapon"

if you are not that level you can't use it all you can do is look at it

Also I'm starting to really think that this is a real video and not a fake. My reasoning is because "Why would the TLOPO Team not respond if this was fake?" What are they gaining by letting us wonder if this is real or not.

If it was fake I think they would tell us to stop this crazy argument. The only thing that could be gained by the TLOPO Team by not responding is the knowledge of if it is a good idea. Which would mean it's not fake.

Savvy?

Like X Jumper said, everyone wanted trading in POTCO, but now when a teaser gets released everyone is against it. I think we gotten use to the fact of us (POTCO players) not being able to trade, that now when they try to add it everyone flips out.

Here is my opinion, I just dont want to see people noticing someone with a lengendary and saying, "you got that legendary from trading because there is no way you looted it." I dont want others putting down others for trading instead of actually looting. All I am saying is I may not be for trading but if people can't get the bright, db, whatever they want by all means let them trade. I may not like it myself but it doesnt mean I should put others down for doing it.

Back