Announcement Update from Facebook

Q6Ce3Ky.gif

I had thought via this forums TLOPO was not going to give out a date/a timeline range.

Though this is good/great news for everyone :D, I'm a bit confused with this change in policy. Is TLOPO now saying it's OK to give people a head's up on a point-in-time pertinent to an announcement?

Hi!

I wouldn't really call this a change in policy, nor did we say we would never give a timeline as far as I'm aware - just that there are no set dates. If you'd please look here: https://tlopo.com/news/post/55/ - we've done something similar before :).

We do not generally give dates out ahead of time because of the nature of development and how volatile it can be, but exceptions can certainly be made under certain circumstances! Hope you understand!

You may check out the rest of our blogs over at https://tlopo.com/news/

Hope to see you in the Caribbean again soon, pirate, and I hope you enjoy playing with the new update!

i'm a bit confused with this change in policy. Is TLOPO now saying it's OK to give people a head's up on a point-in-time pertinent to an announcement?

When all "unforeseen challenges" have been surpassed and its a straight path to completion from the point their at now, then yes because say as a developer you "know for a fact" it will be done within said timeframe whereas say importing a database, programming something, or etc, has unknown timeframes due to the fact that if you fix one thing 2 things break, least with java.

Why are people making a big deal about TLOPO's unwritten 'policy' of not promising dates? It was never a policy--simply them not wanting to set expectations that they weren't sure they could meet. The truth of the matter is that they were uncertain about when the work they're doing would be complete--they no longer feel that way. Since they're confident that its almost ready, they've decided to let us know.

They've handled this entire process excellently and all things considered they've been very open with the player base. Thank you, devs. Take your time to deliver the best end result you can.

Hi!

I wouldn't really call this a change in policy, nor did we say we would never give a timeline as far as I'm aware - just that there are no set dates. If you'd please look here: https://tlopo.com/news/post/55/ - we've done something similar before :).

We do not generally give dates out ahead of time because of the nature of development and how volatile it can be, but exceptions can certainly be made under certain circumstances! Hope you understand!

You may check out the rest of our blogs over at https://tlopo.com/news/

Hope to see you in the Caribbean again soon, pirate, and I hope you enjoy playing with the new update!
When all "unforeseen challenges" have been surpassed and its a straight path to completion from the point their at now, then yes because say as a developer you "know for a fact" it will be done within said timeframe whereas say importing a database, programming something, or etc, has unknown timeframes due to the fact that if you fix one thing 2 things break, least with java.
@Johnny Telltale @Yulia - "Happy Easter." :Easter Egg: Also, thank you both for responding.

However, how am I suppose to know for sure as a on-looker if when I go to tag someone (to gain further clarification) if said inquiry is not answered back? I had asked for clarification via a post suggestion/tag here and it was either overlooked or ignored. Thank you.

Why are people making a big deal about TLOPO's unwritten 'policy' of not promising dates? It was never a policy--simply them not wanting to set expectations that they weren't sure they could meet. The truth of the matter is that they were uncertain about when the work they're doing would be complete--they no longer feel that way. Since they're confident that its almost ready, they've decided to let us know.

They've handled this entire process excellently and all things considered they've been very open with the player base. Thank you, devs. Take your time to deliver the best end result you can.
Because I (and nobody else) had asked about the issue far ahead of any such announcement (via a suggestion I had written on this forums). I had asked for clarification and clarification was not provided, until now.

"Happy Easter" and, thank you. ;)

Back