Which would you use? (Ships)

What ship would you use if you had an option to get one?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sword

Honorable Pirate
Between Ship of the Line and Black Pearl, I'd chose the Black Pearl as in the story quest it can take down the Goliath in like 2 broadsides.

I'm getting close to mastering my grenades easily. (Catacombs, I can get like 100 - 300 rep for just killing like 5 people there)

Staff/Potions are harder to level then grenades. (My opinion)

What do grenades/potions have anything to do with ships?
Anyways, Ship of the Line. Black Pearl is weaker, and it would be pointless to have the same ship as the main character from the movies. Ship of the Line is bigger, stronger, and, overall better. Black Pearl is an East Indiaman Trader, a merchant ship. Not made to fight wars like the ship of the line. It's name is derived from the battle strategy of lining up and firing broadsides at the enemy, therefore it is a warship.

The only problem with a Ship of the Line is that they are large and bulky. This means that they are slow and hard to maneuver. However, the fact that they can take more punishment more than makes up for this only weakness.

What do grenades/potions have anything to do with ships?
Anyways, Ship of the Line. Black Pearl is weaker, and it would be pointless to have the same ship as the main character from the movies. Ship of the Line is bigger, stronger, and, overall better. Black Pearl is an East Indiaman Trader, a merchant ship. Not made to fight wars like the ship of the line. It's name is derived from the battle strategy of lining up and firing broadsides at the enemy, therefore it is a warship.
the black pearl is a sotl ROFL u didnt know that??? btw sotl can jsut disappear. it looks stupid.

The Black Pearl. It looks more 'piratey' and it suits pirates' personalities more. As I mentioned on the other thread, Ship of The Line as we know it now looks more like a recreational cruiseline to me.

SOTL is classified as a galleon. On cannons of the deep (Pirates Online mobile game) SOTL is named "Royal Galleon". Black pearl is a unique type of ship. If anything, It is a frigate type. I would choose sotl because It is bigger, stronger, and has AMAZING DEFENSE

there should be a none opption lol
i would pefer a ship that i make my self and yes i have a idea of what my ship would be

idk... i have only driven the black pearl while doing treasure map.... i would have to drive SOTL in order to decide which one i like better

Please note Bold Text is Real Life History and is not based on the game. Underline text is referring to the official lore of Pirates of the Caribbean.

No... Not a Wiki. Look into 17 century ships. The Wicked Wench is the original name of The Black Pearl; this was a Slave trading ship. Yes an 'East Indian Trader.' Slave Trading Ships were usually Galleons because of the larger cargo holds. When Jack got branded a Pirate he no longer worked for The East India Trading Company. That is why the Black Pearl is a Galleon.

No a Galleon and a Ship of the Line is two totally different ships. Galleons were large ships mainly used as Cargo Ships. Frigates were smaller and more heavily armed ships designed for war.

Ships off the Line were even more massive and armed with hundreds of Broadside guns. Meant to line up and fire a barrage of shrapnel towards the enemy.

i still say that the black pearl is a sotl... due to its massive cannons, and all of the EITC ships were usually classified as sotl's... nothing is going to change my mind about that.

i still say that the black pearl is a sotl... due to its massive cannons, and all of the EITC ships were usually classified as sotl's... nothing is going to change my mind about that.

Well, it's a galleon.

Most EITC ships aren't classified as "Ship of the Lines"

But hey, whatever floats your boat.

Back