Which would you use? (Ships)

What ship would you use if you had an option to get one?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Goliath has a War Frigates health. When they changed it they didn't change i to ship of the line health. Therefore you can take it down in two broadsides. I would take the Black Pearl. Also what level are you? You said you get 100 to 300 rep for grenades. I have trouble getting 50 rep for grenades.

SOTLs in real looked more like this:
Lots of decks, and hundreds of broadside cannons. Looked like an oversize frigate.
sotl.jpg

Black Pearl cuz its origanal and just cuz its not that easy to get, if u used the galleon u couldnt hit it that easy plus just cuz its smaller doesnt mean its weaker, by the way the black pearl is the fasters in the carribean

The Goliath has a War Frigates health. When they changed it they didn't change i to ship of the line health. Therefore you can take it down in two broadsides. I would take the Black Pearl. Also what level are you? You said you get 100 to 300 rep for grenades. I have trouble getting 50 rep for grenades.

Notoriety 40.

I can get 65 from one enemy and at the area I'm at there is like 6 other enemies and a boss.

Weighing the pros and cons:
Black Pearl:
The Black Pearl would not look the same as Captain Jack's version. It would not have the infamous black sails and hull. Also, according to most people here, it's a galleon. We have galleons. Why have another galleon that just has a fancy title? Being paid (srsly.) to drive the BP I know it is hard to hit, though. But, I do agree, it looks alot more realistic. But, personally, I could not care less about realism in ship looks. Good things are, it is harder to hit than a SOTL. It is fast. Looks realistic. And, it is a famous ship.
Ship of the Line:
SOTL is my choice. It is big, strong, famous, and it looks like a 1700s version cruise line! I would love to sail a cruise ship, imo. Slow, yes, but think of it as a large galleon. Huge amounts of cargo, and for a long while (maybe even forever) people will pile onto your ship making plundering/SvS w/ public gunners alot easier. Having 20,000 health, it is a beast. I drove a SOTL in test b4 against a Battle-Royale, and we sunk. Full gunners. I'm not a bad sailor, ask a few people. So, it is not invincible. The game won't be that easy. If so, don't get one. Bad things: very VERY easy to hit. Not all that manueverable. Slow, and low levels will pile onto your ship before the helpful high levels can. Nothing wrong with helping a few low levels- but.. having that many... Eh....

Weighing the pros and cons:
Black Pearl:
The Black Pearl would not look the same as Captain Jack's version. It would not have the infamous black sails and hull. Also, according to most people here, it's a galleon. We have galleons. Why have another galleon that just has a fancy title? Being paid (srsly.) to drive the BP I know it is hard to hit, though. But, I do agree, it looks alot more realistic. But, personally, I could not care less about realism in ship looks. Good things are, it is harder to hit than a SOTL. It is fast. Looks realistic. And, it is a famous ship.
Ship of the Line:
SOTL is my choice. It is big, strong, famous, and it looks like a 1700s version cruise line! I would love to sail a cruise ship, imo. Slow, yes, but think of it as a large galleon. Huge amounts of cargo, and for a long while (maybe even forever) people will pile onto your ship making plundering/SvS w/ public gunners alot easier. Having 20,000 health, it is a beast. I drove a SOTL in test b4 against a Battle-Royale, and we sunk. Full gunners. I'm not a bad sailor, ask a few people. So, it is not invincible. The game won't be that easy. If so, don't get one. Bad things: very VERY easy to hit. Not all that manueverable. Slow, and low levels will pile onto your ship before the helpful high levels can. Nothing wrong with helping a few low levels- but.. having that many... Eh....
But see I think realism in ships is everything. The galleons we have now look like Captain Crunches ship. The frigates are like boxes with points. So I don't like the ships they have now. They make the game look way too fake. But if they added a ship like the Black Pearl they probably would not have it looking like the Pearl like you said. But If Disney ever stopped being lazy and added a new ship to the game. I think they would also add ship customization so that we can have our ships looking similar to famous ship such as the Black Pearl or the Queen Anne's Revenge for example. So I think that Ship realism is alot to the game. And that's just something it doesn't have now. Therefore I would like Black Pearl or at least a more powerful version of Ship of the Line.

Please note Bold Text is Real Life History and is not based on the game. Underline text is referring to the official lore of Pirates of the Caribbean.

No... Not a Wiki. Look into 17 century ships. The Wicked Wench is the original name of The Black Pearl; this was a Slave trading ship. Yes an 'East Indian Trader.' Slave Trading Ships were usually Galleons because of the larger cargo holds. When Jack got branded a Pirate he no longer worked for The East India Trading Company. That is why the Black Pearl is a Galleon.

No a Galleon and a Ship of the Line is two totally different ships. Galleons were large ships mainly used as Cargo Ships. Frigates were smaller and more heavily armed ships designed for war.

Ships off the Line were even more massive and armed with hundreds of Broadside guns. Meant to line up and fire a barrage of shrapnel towards the enemy.
You need to read The Price of Freedom

Yeah your off a little on the history. The Wench was actually not used as a slave ship at first. It was used for a stunning adventure which I hope you enjoy

Itunes

Back