Blog Post YE NEED TWO EYES FER THIS ONE!

though I guess you have to be with everyone running around going
"welp, they didn't give a date, and they aren't 100% done yet, time to go play Pirates Online Ripoff (formerly known as Retribution) so I can go buy my "Give me more FPS" care package for $15,000/Per Month"

I suppose the term 'surprise' is determined by what you do / do not already know and what you value. @Yulia did you find anything in the stream that you were glad to see?

I was glad to see the ship AI reworked. I'm almost certain thats the hardest part of the game to fix tbh.

Seeing that Bulwark doing Tokyo Drift Style swoops was the funniest thing I've seen in weeks.

Not sure if my "Beats me" was misconstrued, but just in case:

I was like Yulia, thinking there was going to be some major heretofore unguessed at revelation. I didn't see that. I did see people working hard to make the game work, and encountering and dealing with the inherent problems they're facing.

SvS, ship customization, TPing, etc. weren't "surprises" to me, because that's all part of the game content they've been very up front about working to restore to the game. They've stated they're going to eventually have us back to 2013 PoTCO, so it seems to follow that all of that content will be there at some point.

What would surprise me is moving this game into live open status for the public by Memorial Day, as previously stated. That seems unrealistic. If we're back to semi-open Beta by then, I'd be pleasantly surprised, TBH.

I think the "surprise" in this case was subjective. Some people knew some features would be in-game whereas some people didn't.
I was surprised to see Isla Escondida enemies and ship upgrades and customization as well as the Scoundrel of the Seas.

I get that it was subjective now I was just thinking like towards the end of the stream he was gonna be like "By the way, bet you didn't see this coming, bam" >Davy Jones spawns, or something but you see I misunderstood what that part of the post meant.

Two things that genuinely did surprise me though was the bounty hunter ship, and then the bounty hunter enemies on Escondididididaiiddidididida.

New things shown in the stream from what I saw:

• Ship customization (Fully working?)
  • Ship versus ship (Fully working)
  • Bounty Hunters
  • Water graphics improvements (lagless animated waves, proper textures, strobe effect fixed)
  • Ship AI improvements (huge improvements - strafing, circling, aggroing - minor work to be done on broadsides in particular)
  • Player to player teleportation
  • Flagships (Issues with grapple rendering and attachment points but fully functional, enemies on board need AI)
  • FPS improvements
  • Lots of bugfixes (Player face textures mentioned specifically)
  • Some development on Escondida (Enemies, new upcoming outfit, new crab textured enemy)
There might have been more. It was a good update. Happy to see it all pretty much equally although the water graphics improvements and fixes really made me happy. Nothing really surprised me, and thats not at all a bad thing. Because the TLOPO devs are good at what they do and always end up delivering.

New things shown in the stream from what I saw:

• Ship customization (Fully working?)
  • Ship versus ship (Fully working)
  • Bounty Hunters
  • Water graphics improvements (lagless animated waves, proper textures, strobe effect fixed)
  • Ship AI improvements (huge improvements - strafing, circling, aggroing - minor work to be done on broadsides in particular)
  • Player to player teleportation
  • Flagships (Issues with grapple rendering and attachment points but fully functional, enemies on board need AI)
  • FPS improvements
  • Lots of bugfixes (Player face textures mentioned specifically)
  • Some development on Escondida (Enemies, new upcoming outfit, new crab textured enemy)
There might have been more. It was a good update. Happy to see it all pretty much equally although the water graphics improvements and fixes really made me happy. Nothing really surprised me, and thats not at all a bad thing. Because the TLOPO devs are good at what they do and always end up delivering.
Well I was about to go make a thread asking for a summary of the stream since I was gone when it happened, but it looks like Bart summed it up. Thanks Bart!

Im making a meme out of that speedy Bulwark btw. I just have to, it was my favorite haha

It's the littlest of things that I saw that made me happy:

#Sailing compass fixed - I was taught by my first GM to sail by compass. I've missed that a lot
#Facial rendering fixed
#Not crashing going into El Suderon
#Not glitching off the map coming out of Pantano River
#That reflected sunset on the ocean - I had to tell my screen "That's gorgeous!"
#Really looking forward to ship customization - I never understood the various paths available, so I didn't get into it much in PoTCO, but I've studied the wiki and can't wait to get after that.

I was happy to see the ship AI improved, but alarmed by the speed. But that will get sorted out.

I wasn't happy to see the Bounty Hunters back, but I never liked them to begin with. I was enjoying (what I knew would be temporary) their absence. I'm also not an SvSer (or PvPer, for that matter), but I know that's a huge aspect for many players, so I'm happy for others.

Back