POTC: Master of the Seas (Phone App)

Any level can see the ship. Look for it when your compass shakes. It is a green ghostly color ship and pretty easy to find when the compass shakes. The strength of the ship is different for each person depending on your own level, but most times will be stronger then you so that you would need to buy gems to beat it and make money for developer.

What do you mean by buying gems to beat it?
When a ship you select to attack is stronger then you are, you get a screen that pops up and says something like the other ship is stronger then you and you should upgrade in order to beat it. These upgrades can add crew, attack or defense to your ship but must be purchased with gems and not gold. The gems are sold by the developer in packets from a few up to 1200 gems. They cost real money to purchase. The 1200 gems package cost $99. So when I attacked the ghost ship and it said I needed to buy a package of 28,000 gems in order to beat it, this would have cost me $2,300.00 real dollars.

Woahh so expensive and people do that?
I can't believe anyone would. There is some angle to this contest, but I have not figured it out. I don't see how some people have beat the ghost ship over 30 times when most of us have not even seen it but a few times total let along defeat it. One thing on the leader boards, alot of the those doing well are pretty low level pirates. Which kind of makes since as the ghost ship adjust to your level. So a low level pirate would fight a some what low level ghost ship and they would not have to buy that many upgrade items to beat it. It many only take a few gems to upgrade past the ghost ships defense level, which would not cost all that much.

Ahoy everybody,
I'm a new member to this forum, i was searching for some answers for PotC:MotS when i found this awesome thread.

Anyway, please add me: NastyBluePearl

I need him to learn that harassing someone is not right! I think I'm gonna see if there is a way to report someone for harassing behavior... that is exactly what he is doing.

LoL this is a pirate game, what else do you expect from another pirate mate? i guess the only way you can retiliate is exactly what you first did;ask everyone to keep on knocking down his ship whenever possible, that way he would have the health to fight anyone, not just you.

I'll do this if i ever saw him floating the seas. :fight:

when i search for item to buy to level up mu attack and defence i see items in the special items section, the one with the skull, some items have terms in x number of days. any one knows whqt those terms mean?
anyone knows what the the terms of x number of days

Has anyone else been having an issue with always losing to the ships you run into when you find a trapped treasure chest? Four times in a row now I've lost, and each time I've had superior attack and defense.

Has anyone else been having an issue with always losing to the ships you run into when you find a trapped treasure chest? Four times in a row now I've lost, and each time I've had superior attack and defense.
Yes...

a few times now.

I have as well. Doesn't happen every time, but frustrating when it does. Especially if the other ship had some health gone already. Its a game, of course its gonna cheat... ;)

Reactions: Bad
New update today... New level cap of 200. I don't get it because they didnt add anything new to level up with. You just gotta sink ships and redo same quests again. There are new items you can buy as well and some changes in the store....

Already level 68 myself bc I jumped 8 levels from already collected xp after reaching 60... I did lose about 15k defense somehow as I lost 200+ of stay sails in the ship tackle items. Weird.

New update today... New level cap of 200. I don't get it because they didnt add anything new to level up with. You just gotta sink ships and redo same quests again. There are new items you can buy as well and some changes in the store....

Already level 68 myself bc I jumped 8 levels from already collected xp after reaching 60... I did lose about 15k defense somehow as I lost 200+ of stay sails in the ship tackle items. Weird.
Yeah, thought something strange was up when I kept get the message that "so and so" reached lv 61 pushing ahead of me to be master of the seas...

Ahoy everyone,

I'm not sure if posting this is in the right thread but i have got a few comments/questions that i think would help everyone playing PotC:MotS.
I'm currently on level 36 and I have three islands that i can't master because they require LOADS of gems. Am I the only one who's seeing that its very hard to get hold of gems in this game? The only way anyone could obtain gems is only limited to the follwing:
1) purchase online (for real cash)
2) level up (gives you 1 gem)
3) purchase property that generates gems (which also requires a good amount of gems.
4) keep searching the ship wrecks and you might get lucky and find any (which i had 2-3 times)
5) invite friends to join the game and this will give a one time 20 gems bonus. (which is not quite appealing cause its just for the sake of advertising for the game creators, which i don't mind, but they can't make it a mandatory part of the game)

any other ways that i haven't seen until now?

When i first started playing this game, i didn't know that gems is a rare currency in this game, so i kept mastering the quests using the gems (something a lot of other players have fallen into too), and it was too late when i realized the facts around using them.

Also the items that would adequately level up your attacks/defenses are purchased using gems, other items can be purchased with gold, but that can't go forever, you are limited by the number of crew members you have on board, which again is not something you'll like.

The game is pretty interesting but i hoped there were other ways to allow you to complete it.

I also noticed that gifting your crew members doesn't really affect your inventory, but it does increase there's. What i couldn't catch until now, is whether the gifts you receive increase your attack/defense levels or not! i know for sure that when i receive power/health/gold it does add to my inventory.

Looking around for gold in the ship wrecks, i sometimes find gems, and it happened to me that i found two gems on the same day, since i'm not spending any of my gems for the time being; keeping track of my stock; the next day gems count dropped by 2. do gems found in ship wrecks expire by time? i.e. you have to use them directly, otherwise you lose them?

In the Items screen there is a section with special items for sale, and the ALL cost you gems only (the one with the skull) some of them have terms of x number of days. for example if you clicked on the "Special figurehead" item there is a term stating "1 day(s)" what does this mean?

For the mates who mastered the game out there, what is the best strategy one can use in purchasing items?

Last but not least, why would it happen sometimes that i get attacked and beaten by other pirates who are a lot less in attack/defense levels than me, even if i'm on full health?

That was all, sharing my thoughts and questions, if anyone can help out would be much appreciated

Back