Another TLOPO forum?

William Morgan

Honorable Pirate
Ahoy all,

I'm Will (also known as Steve) and I THINK some of you will know who i am, if you dont then ill sorta introduce myself

I initially played POTCO from the start, etc that whole thing, then it closed and I started working on a few projects, then I bounced to Sam's site, was staff there, then after that I was with Jacob working on forums the entire time, then over the summer I stopped and got out basically.

If any of you know me, then you know I'm always straight up with the community and I try to be as fair as I can, so I'm just gonna tell you the truth, straight up

I really enjoyed working on the forums and slightly miss the forum aspect, a lot of good memories and friendships were built. So I guess your all like: "Yeah we have enough forums, we don't need another." BUUUTT I might as well throw the idea out there. I genuinely love working with the community and diving into the community and just interacting with people. As a designer, I interact with people everyday and I just really love it.

What I bring to the table:
I literally just want an awesome forums for people to interact, have fun get some info and updates. I'm envisioning lots of graphics, Everybody uploading youtube videos and enjoying the place, Plug DJ ( a shout out to Reilly because I know hes all about that Plug DJ).

I really wanna like create a almost like forum to forum friendship with Davy from this forums, my highest respects to him for keeping this website clean as heck, possibly like bounce ideas off each other to maybe connect, help each other out, and I wanna like bring in all the Youtubers, along with MAYBE big maybe here, asking the TLOPO developers to give a few shout outs on the site, I know they dont usually do that thing, but might as well ask. Im gonna throw in the idea of a loot crate, maybe youtube videos, throw some music in there too

I'm looking to create a clean looking site, but I was just curious to see what people's reactions are to the idea, once again, the only reason why I'm doing this is because I genuinely love interacting with this community and im not trying to play any angles, not doing this for a alpha key either, so hopefully you'll all believe me on that one.

Also, I'm not trying to start any issues, I just wasn't sure where to put this. I apologize if this is in the wrong place. And I'm certainly not trying to take members away from this forums.

And in all honesty, I can't do this without the support of you guys (morale support not money), because in the end this would be, in theory, a forum for YOU GUYS.

Cheers,
~Steve

Hey Will,

With TLOPO firing up and showing more and more promise, it's enticing to want to start up another community. However, my gripe is that we should not be focusing on creating more - we should be building upon one another.

This isn't specifically directed at you per se, but more so in a general fashion - everybody seems to have a tendency to want to "lead" and not join an already existing platform of discussion or development.

I suppose my main point is this: we seriously need to CONSOLIDATE ourselves. A community is no good if it is spread across ten different sources of congregation. It would be stronger and more tightly knit as one unified entity. This is my same argument to all of the different POTCO remake startups.

Not to smash your light-bulb in fury, but I beg you to consider other alternatives. Pirates Forums has always been a central hub of pirate discussion. We are always open to suggestions should you want to propose something new to be added to the site (Site Feedback section). A lot of what you mentioned is already true here - we do share lots of YouTube videos and streams, graphics, screenshots, stories, and music. Why reinvent the wheel?

United we stand, divided we fall.

Hey Will,

With TLOPO firing up and showing more and more promise, it's enticing to want to start up another community. However, my gripe is that we should not be focusing on creating more - we should be building upon one another.

This isn't specifically directed at you per se, but more so in a general fashion - everybody seems to have a tendency to want to "lead" and not join an already existing platform of discussion or development.

I suppose my main point is this: we seriously need to CONSOLIDATE ourselves. A community is no good if it is spread across ten different sources of congregation. It would be stronger and more tightly knit as one unified entity. This is my same argument to all of the different POTCO remake startups.

Not to smash your light-bulb in fury, but I beg you to consider other alternatives. Pirates Forums has always been a central hub of pirate discussion. We are always open to suggestions should you want to propose something new to be added to the site (Site Feedback section). A lot of what you mentioned is already true here - we do share lots of YouTube videos and streams, graphics, screenshots, stories, and music. Why reinvent the wheel?

I completely understand where your going with that, honest to god I do. As I do agree with your idea that we should be rebuilding, I also think that everybody needs a fresh start, so I'm basically torn between ideas. In theory, if it were to happen and a site opened, I would be more than willing to share the site with this fine website. Just so you know that I'm not like trying tp cut everybody off

I'm not against you and your forum or want for community involvement. But personally I already come here, TLOPO's website, the IRC, their Facebook, the subreddit, Youtube, and occasionally Tumblr or Twitter for any new information. That's 8 places already, not counting a few of their other sources like Google+ or Twitch. I really don't want to add another page to that list (as lazy as it sounds). It's awesome that you want to help and I respect it, but I think that the phrase "too many cooks in the kitchen" is beginning to come into affect lol. I hope you understand :)

I'm not against you and your forum or want for community involvement. But personally I already come here, TLOPO's website, the IRC, their Facebook, the subreddit, Youtube, and occasionally Tumblr or Twitter for any new information. That's 8 places already, not counting a few of their other sources like Google+ or Twitch. I really don't want to add another page to that list (as lazy as it sounds). It's awesome that you want to help and I respect it, but I think that the phrase "too many cooks in the kitchen" is beginning to come into affect lol. I hope you understand :)
Yes, but what if we could incorporate all that into one site ^.- then you would only have to visit like 3 sites?

I don't think another site is really necessary, especially when there are so many ways to get information about the potco community. If everyone makes their own forums just because they want to be in charge and have a position of "power" then that's not really going to benefit the community a whole lot in my mind

I don't think another site is really necessary, especially when there are so many ways to get information about the potco community. If everyone makes their own forums just because they want to be in charge and have a position of "power" then that's not really going to benefit the community a whole lot in my mind
I'm not really doing it for power, I have ideas that could benefit this community a lot and bring them closer together and would like to do it on a forum of my own, I'm not exactly benefiting from building a forum, I just genuinely love working with forum software and interacting with the community

We as a community need to stop focusing on creating more threads for a game, and instead, actually creating the game. I fear the multitudes of threads pertaining to a broken alpha source are becoming fruitless, and in many cases, detrimental to the community as a whole as most of them spark arguments and only further tear people apart.

Another forum isn't needed. There are already four that I can think of off the top of my head that pertain to POTCO/TLOPO/POTCO MC.

We as a community need to stop focusing on creating more threads for a game, and instead, actually creating the game. I fear the multitudes of threads pertaining to a broken alpha source are becoming fruitless, and in many cases, detrimental to the community as a whole as most of them spark arguments and only further tear people apart.

Another forum isn't needed. There are already four that I can think of off the top of my head that pertain to POTCO/TLOPO/POTCO MC.
If I were to make a forum, I wouldn't let multiple threads occur over a alpha, only one or two would be needed. Or a ticket system.

And theres a POTCO MC. :confused:?

Also in the end, I'm not looking to create a site for constant threads about alphas and updates, I want to make something just for the community members, like hey you want a section for your guild? No problem, Want some PVP sections? Cool. So many different ideas I have that have nothing to do with threads about this and that and alpha. I agree that fruitless threads aren't needed.

https://www.facebook.com/potcomc

I understand what you are saying, as this forum doesn't particularly cater to all of the needs of the TLOPO community that you are entailing in your proposal. However, there are other preexisting forums that already do. For instance, there are two forums solely about TLOPO, and there is another called "The Pirate Times" which is more community based.

https://www.facebook.com/potcomc

I understand what you are saying, as this forum doesn't particularly cater to all of the needs of the TLOPO community that you are entailing in your proposal. However, there are other preexisting forums that already do. For instance, there are two forums solely about TLOPO, and there is another called "The Pirate Times" which is more community based.
I actually never knew those existed, thanks for pointing those out. I think I'm going to scout around and see what these other forums have

Ahoy all,

I'm Will (also known as Steve) and I THINK some of you will know who i am, if you dont then ill sorta introduce myself

I initially played POTCO from the start, etc that whole thing, then it closed and I started working on a few projects, then I bounced to Sam's site, was staff there, then after that I was with Jacob working on forums the entire time, then over the summer I stopped and got out basically.

If any of you know me, then you know I'm always straight up with the community and I try to be as fair as I can, so I'm just gonna tell you the truth, straight up

I really enjoyed working on the forums and slightly miss the forum aspect, a lot of good memories and friendships were built. So I guess your all like: "Yeah we have enough forums, we don't need another." BUUUTT I might as well throw the idea out there. I genuinely love working with the community and diving into the community and just interacting with people. As a designer, I interact with people everyday and I just really love it.

What I bring to the table:
I literally just want an awesome forums for people to interact, have fun get some info and updates. I'm envisioning lots of graphics, Everybody uploading youtube videos and enjoying the place, Plug DJ ( a shout out to Reilly because I know hes all about that Plug DJ).

I really wanna like create a almost like forum to forum friendship with Davy from this forums, my highest respects to him for keeping this website clean as heck, possibly like bounce ideas off each other to maybe connect, help each other out, and I wanna like bring in all the Youtubers, along with MAYBE big maybe here, asking the TLOPO developers to give a few shout outs on the site, I know they dont usually do that thing, but might as well ask. Im gonna throw in the idea of a loot crate, maybe youtube videos, throw some music in there too

I'm looking to create a clean looking site, but I was just curious to see what people's reactions are to the idea, once again, the only reason why I'm doing this is because I genuinely love interacting with this community and im not trying to play any angles, not doing this for a alpha key either, so hopefully you'll all believe me on that one.

Also, I'm not trying to start any issues, I just wasn't sure where to put this. I apologize if this is in the wrong place. And I'm certainly not trying to take members away from this forums.

And in all honesty, I can't do this without the support of you guys (morale support not money), because in the end this would be, in theory, a forum for YOU GUYS.

Cheers,
~Steve
" I literally just want an awesome forums for people to interact, have fun get some info and updates. I'm envisioning lots of graphics, Everybody uploading youtube videos and enjoying the place, Plug DJ ( a shout out to Reilly because I know hes all about that Plug DJ). "
Plug.DJ is closing in a few days dude. .-.

" I literally just want an awesome forums for people to interact, have fun get some info and updates. I'm envisioning lots of graphics, Everybody uploading youtube videos and enjoying the place, Plug DJ ( a shout out to Reilly because I know hes all about that Plug DJ). "
Plug.DJ is closing in a few days dude. .-.
I'll find another way and I gotta find it

Hey Will,

I would like to transfer about 14 of my "Likes" here, heck, make it all of them...

Every time you create yet another Forum, you fragment the community further, and THIS is the last of the original Forums. Striving to keep it intact would show more loyalty to The Game than anything I can think of. You shouldn't be torn, William, and "God" should be capitalized, BTW.

Look, Bucko, did ye entirely miss the latest forum fiasco? They not only folded up their sails and disappeared into the night without a word like rancid gypsies after some dramatic hissy fits, they left a number of members hanging on a video contest for an Alpha Key with nary an explanation or apology. Now, ye may have excellent intentions but at this point the community has been yanked here, there and everywhere after watching project after project fold. We still have so many various outlets it takes a lot of time just trying to check them all. And all of this with scant little involvement from the actual developers of the game. The forums that are operating now have little activity beyond games and new members saying hi. At this point we be waitin' anxiously to see if we be graced with some live stream on the weekend. If ye can open yet another forum and move the lot of fatigued pirates-in-waiting to get involved then more power to ye.
:rumgone:

I would like to transfer about 14 of my "Likes" here, heck, make it all of them...

Every time you create yet another Forum, you fragment the community further, and THIS is the last of the original Forums. Striving to keep it intact would show more loyalty to The Game than anything I can think of. You shouldn't be torn, William, and "God" should be capitalized, BTW.
My mistake, I did forget to capitalize God

Look, Bucko, did ye entirely miss the latest forum fiasco? They not only folded up their sails and disappeared into the night without a word like rancid gypsies after some dramatic hissy fits, they left a number of members hanging on a video contest for an Alpha Key with nary an explanation or apology. Now, ye may have excellent intentions but at this point the community has been yanked here, there and everywhere after watching project after project fold. We still have so many various outlets it takes a lot of time just trying to check them all. And all of this with scant little involvement from the actual developers of the game. The forums that are operating now have little activity beyond games and new members saying hi. At this point we be waitin' anxiously to see if we be graced with some live stream on the weekend. If ye can open yet another forum and move the lot of fatigued pirates-in-waiting to get involved then more power to ye.
:rumgone:

In response to you both, my intentions would be to bring this community together closer, because I know what it takes to run a forums, I know what would work for this community. I'm not power hungry, I'm creating it to give final peace of mind to people, somewhere where there's no drama, and other small fun things to do. I understand everybody's hesitations, from the bottom of my heart I do.

But go around and ask people about me. Most people will say that I'm fair and that I've ALWAYS done whats best for this community. I wanna bring in some new life, something new and exciting (not saying this forums isn't, I'm just saying)

My mistake, I did forget to capitalize God

In response to you both, my intentions would be to bring this community together closer, because I know what it takes to run a forums, I know what would work for this community. I'm not power hungry, I'm creating it to give final peace of mind to people, somewhere where there's no drama, and other small fun things to do. I understand everybody's hesitations, from the bottom of my heart I do.

But go around and ask people about me. Most people will say that I'm fair and that I've ALWAYS done whats best for this community. I wanna bring in some new life, something new and exciting (not saying this forums isn't, I'm just saying)
Add your enthusiasm to an existing community, and help to strengthen it, and we won't have to ask around. You sound like you have a lot to bring to the table, it is always welcome these days.

Add your enthusiasm to an existing community, and help to strengthen it, and we won't have to ask around. You sound like you have a lot to bring to the table, it is always welcome these days.

The only problem is that my ideas almost require a completely new makeover of a site if somebody was willing to take the ideas, and I'm not sure if this site in particular would want to make that big of a hop because they have a set site that the community knows well

I think the last thing we need is the community being divided amongst other sites and what we need is a greater unity amongst ourselves and build. I think JFR put it in great words. We need to build ourselves. We right now are like dogs at each other's throats if we disagree the slightest bit on the smallest of things pertaining to our beloved. We need to come together and quiet down the noise in the room. The last thing we need right now is another Forums. Frankly I'm ticked at the idea of this Pirates Times site that someone is coming up with because its another forum we don't need. We are allowing ourselves to divide and divide and not unify. I can understand though that sort of feeling you might have in starting a community though or being at the helm of one. I was an Administrator for the Gamers Fanon Wiki and it was just a marvelous experience to have the helm at times. Influencing real change in the community. We need to come together though, if we don't we won't ever. It'll be battles for days on end which frankly our community shouldn't be stomaching, much less tolerating.

Back