Another TLOPO forum?

...I hope I answered your questions. If you have any more, please ask.
Will you assume all expenditures and operating costs associated with this website/forums being that this idea alone is yours to where the burden of such costs is your responsibility regardless of any unexpected costs or life-events which do happen to come along?

Will you assume all expenditures and operating costs associated with this website/forums being that this idea alone is yours to where the burden of such costs is your responsibility regardless of any unexpected costs or life-events which do happen to come along?

Question: Will you assume all expenditures and operating costs associated with this website/forums being that this idea alone is yours to where the burden of such costs is your responsibility regardless of any unexpected costs or life-events which do happen to come along?

Answer: Yes. I am a scrooge. I save every dime I make at work and only invest in items and tools that will help me in my trade. I plan out all my costs. I am a careful person when it comes to money and monitor all my money that comes in and out.

The only way I see the need to start looking at ways to raise money is if the site would have a SUBSTANTIAL increase in people, and I mean like thousands upon thousands of people.

...The only way I see the need to start looking at ways to raise money is if the site would have a SUBSTANTIAL increase in people, and I mean like thousands upon thousands of people.
I would hope so because regardless of any excuse which is given, the community does not need to be burden (nor made to feel compelled) any further by any sort of (unexpected) "update" or change in plan/design towards the initial purpose of the site you are hoping to provide.

I still feel that your interests would best serve the community by contributing to an already established forums but then again, since when did anyone with such entrepreneurship spirit ever really listen to me, lol? :rolleyes:

I would hope so because regardless of any excuse which is given, the community does not need to be burden (nor made to feel compelled) any further by any sort of (unexpected) "update" or change in plan/design towards the initial purpose of the site you are hoping to provide.

I still feel that your interests would best serve the community by contributing to an already established forums but then again, since when did anyone with such entrepreneurship spirit ever really listen to me, lol? :rolleyes:

The problem is that I have a very specific layout in mind, and I don't think it would be the best idea to change a site because of its specific base that it has at the moment.

Question: what would be the lengths you'd go to make/see your site a reality?

Answer: Well it's more just a matter of time lengths, so I'd take as many hours as it needs to make the site I envision. I am a perfectionist when it comes to design (you sort of become OCD). A design isn't something that can be thrown together. It's a process of sketches, drafts and then actually doing it. Sometimes plans change, so you must be flexible, which takes up a lot of time.

I hope I answered your questions. If you have any more, please ask.

Cheers

let me rephrase:
  • To what degrees/extremes would your course be in order to make your site a reality?
additionally:
  • Who are those willing to work as a with you on this 'team effort to work together to build up the community to it's former state?"
  • Who would be directing or leading the organization of the theoretical site?

Question: To what degrees/extremes would your course be in order to make your site a reality?

Answer: I think my extreme would be just taking as long as it needs to take and doing any necessary little research. Whether it be a month to create or 3 months. If you want quality work, you have to be willing to put the time and effort in.

Question: Who are those willing to work as a with you on this 'team effort to work together to build up the community to it's former state?"

Answer: I can't actually disclose that to you due to the fact it may begin to create waves. I was approached recently about asking if I needed help and these individuals are extremely capable and knowledgeable people and I have full confidence in those individuals that we would be able to pull this off.

Question: Who would be directing or leading the organization of the theoretical site?

Answer: I will most likely be in control with individuals leading behind me. A leader leads by example.

I hope I was able to clarify what you were looking for. If you have anymore questions, please continue to ask them.

Cheers

Question: Who are those willing to work as a with you on this 'team effort to work together to build up the community to it's former state?"

Answer: I can't actually disclose that to you due to the fact it may begin to create waves. I was approached recently about asking if I needed help and these individuals are extremely capable and knowledgeable people and I have full confidence in those individuals that we would be able to pull this off.
And so...the truth is revealed.

Most of us aren't idiots here and it only takes a bit of reflection (and a slight review of 'this' thread) to understand whom you are talking about. So given that, you might as well publicly come out and say whom will be assisting you with this effort.

Why continually hide the matter? :confused: (Eventually, it's going to become public knowledge anyway).

And so...the truth is revealed.

Most of us aren't idiots here and it only takes a bit of reflection (and a slight review of 'this' thread) to understand whom you are talking about. So given that, you might as well publicly come out and say whom will be assisting you with this effort.

Why continually hide the matter? :confused: (Eventually, it's going to become public knowledge anyway).

I simply don't want to cause any waves. I don't think there's any truth to be revealed. I have been very open to all questions and have answered them all genuinely and this is something I'd rather not disclose at the moment.

It would become public knowledge if I were to proceed and we were about halfway through creating this site.
If you have anymore questions, ask away.

Cheers

@William Morgan, thanks for the exchange. but the reason i ask these questions and posted the "ok boo" message is largely due in fact to skepticism.

based on my collateral experience regarding issues of these matters and my few encounters with you, i don't take things at face value. however, from what positive moments i HAVE had with you, you are a member in good standing with the ex-potco community and have good direction (creatively or authoritatively). i only wonder why you have to put your idea up for inquiry.

you're not those others who have done this previously since another remake was in the works. you know roughly the temperature/receptiveness to your idea. why not launch now unless you want to wait till the bitterness fades away or tlopo is in beta or public. you've given the pf.co community a heads up. they see you asking for feedback. i dont know any more concerns you might have other than those not previously expressed.

**these was being composed prior to shamus's post**

@William Morgan, thanks for the exchange. but the reason i ask these questions and posted the "ok boo" message is largely due in fact to skepticism.

based on my collateral experience regarding issues of these matters and my few encounters with you, i don't take things at face value. however, from what positive moments i HAVE had with you, you have a good rep with the community already and you have good direction (creatively or authoritatively). and i wonder why you have to put your idea up for in query.

you're not those others who have done this previously since another remake was in the works. you know roughly the temperature/receptiveness to your idea. why wait unless you want to wait till the bitterness fades away or tlopo is in beta or public. you've given the pf.co community a heads up. they see you asking for feedback. i dont know any other concerns you might have other than those not previously expressed.

Because sometimes it's not all about what I want. There would be a community involved so I strongly believe that the community deserves to say what they would at least like to see or thoughts on it. In the end, I could make a site, and without the community, it would just be a empty site with no purpose.

I understand your skepticism and if you don't think I can do this or confidence in me or if this isn't needed, then that's perfectly fine. I'm not here to convert you if you will, more like trying to see what everybody thinks.

have you posted the op to this thread elsewhere? the tlopo community doesn't have to come strictly from here, pf.co. indirectly promoting it or not, http://legendofpirates.boards.net/ is starving for a plain, pure "tlopo community" and perhaps you'd get better feedback from the members there.. regarding the admins, i have no clue *how they would respond to a thread like this,* and if a migration happens, then so be it; it happened and perhaps lessons can be learned. **technically feedback could be received from other gaming places too which could only raise awareness that tlopo exists, especially to those new ppl who'd be interested in the game before it's released**

i've been wanting an official forum for the game since early this summer. i've brought it up in personal messages and the official irc more than once. despite using lotro and swtor as examples, the devs are pleased with the official venues for social exchange. and i've come to accept the fact that an official forum many never happen.

but i do suggest, if ever your site comes to reality, that "you" acknowledge it's relation to the game. like if it's a fan site?, community site?, where the legit things can be found for information?, and make it welcoming to the members who so happen to be devs.

Last edited:
have you posted the op to this thread elsewhere? the tlopo community doesn't have to come strictly from here, pf.co. indirectly promoting it or not, http://legendofpirates.boards.net/ is starving for a plain, pure "tlopo community" and perhaps you'd get better feedback from the members there.. regarding the admins, i have no clue and if a migration happens, then so be it; it happened and perhaps lessons can be learned. **technically feedback could be received from other gaming places too which could only raise awareness that tlopo exists, especially to those new ppl who'd be interested in the game before it's released**

i've been wanting an official forum for the game since early this summer. i've brought it up in personal messages and the official irc more than once. despite using lotro and swtor as examples, the devs are pleased with the official venues for social exchange. and i've come to accept the fact that an official forum many never happen.

but i do suggest, if ever your site comes to reality, that "you" acknowledge it's relation to the game. like if it's a fan site?, community site?, where the legit things can be found for information?, and make it welcoming to the members who so happen to be devs.
Well stated and agreed

Hey guys! I know everybody was sort of downing the idea of a new forums, but I sort of veered away from everybody's advice and began creating one. It's in it's baby stages and it would be awesome if you guys just at least gave it a peek :)

I'm not trying to convert anybody, just want people to give it a chance!

Home page: http://thelegendofpiratesonline.net/index.php

Cheers!

lol at least thanks for the heads up, steve. fyi forum folk, you need to sign up to see anything.

Last edited:
Hey guys! I know everybody was sort of downing the idea of a new forums, but I sort of veered away from everybody's advice and began creating one. It's in it's baby stages and it would be awesome if you guys just at least gave it a peek :)

Cheers!
Not to be the party pooper, but every forum Jacob and you have started has failed in one way or another. Most of the time due to internal conflict between staff members(i.e. they argued too much). I do not trust this site, and do not think it will work out. However, I wish the best of luck to you -- just as I have every other time the forums restarted.

Just giving :2 cents:

Not to be the party pooper, but every forum Jacob and you have started has failed in one way or another. Most of the time due to internal conflict between staff members(i.e. they argued too much). I do not trust this site, and do not think it will work out. However, I wish the best of luck to you -- just as I have every other time the forums restarted.

from what i can see from the site, jac isnt on the payroll:
09ab9e9e711217cd0c3689c684a2f936.png

75068a6853b3dd616c498747b8580ac9.png

jac could be a silent partner; who knows ..but jac and steve. but i've heard good things about steve, especially if steve is just the only helmsmen. isn't that right, lady @katnypp ?

lol at least thanks for the heads up, steve. fyi forum folk, you need to sign up to see anything.
That's just a setting that was preset, were going to change that :)

You know as well as I do some of that stuff had nothing to do with the either of us. And I don't think thats very fair to judge something right off the bat without even looking at it or researching it....

You know as well as I do some of that stuff had nothing to do with the either of us.

i think it's because reputations have been created whether wanted to or not. and for the most part, irreparable damage has been done. you best clear any speculation, Steve. if you're proud of having Jac as a business partner -- considering that be the case -- then state it and persuade people to see him the same way as you do.

And I don't think thats very fair to judge something right off the bat without even looking at it or researching it....

fairness or prejudice may not have anything to do with it. as humans, we learn to stay away from stuff that hurt us ..some outweigh the pain with pleasure gained and don't move away.. it's just a matter of self-preservation.

.. the earlier you clear the air or whatever, the easier it going to be for ppl to accept or tolorate this new venture you're going into.

Cheers!
I prefer this board, thanks though. It is silly to create a whole new forum to try & divide a community that is already solid on this site...

Cheers!

plus have you posted this in other venues yet? don't neglect them. like http://legendofpirates.boards.net/ those members may be more receptive in comparison to here.

I prefer this board, thanks though. It is silly to create a whole new forum to try & divide a community that is already solid on this site...

i think it's because there a certain wall against TLOPO. i'm slowly understanding it, but schism and protest happens. Just look to what it has done to Christianity,

i too would like a central place. and if i cant get it from the game house itself, i'm staying here.

Back