Auto clicking returns :(

R

Roger Dodger

A Simon MacMorrigan camped out on Outcast / Poderoso now, full auto. Level 29, Olympians guild. Admitted to it when he came back and saw my chat, said he didn't want to break his finger.

So - what's the policy on this stuff going forward? Report? Post? Name and shame? Ignore?

RD

Screen Shot 2017-01-28 at 7.34.52 AM-crop.jpg

A Simon MacMorrigan camped out on Outcast / Poderoso now, full auto. Level 29, Olympians guild. Admitted to it when he came back and saw my chat, said he didn't want to break his finger.

So - what's the policy on this stuff going forward? Report? Post? Name and shame? Ignore?

RD

View attachment 77915
I get what he's going for, leveling is a real grind; but nevertheless it is in fact cheating because he didn't actually level himself up the clicking program did

Ironically, one of the few legitimate uses for auto click software is during software testing. One could envision a scenario where a dev might want to test loot drops over a period of time without banging keys, but this isn't the case here. Auto software was created in part for testing.

With a limited amount of servers and the intention that players are actually testing now, auto-click camping just seems like a toxic practice that should be monitored and addressed. My two cents.

RD

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I think auto clicking should be tolerated, depending on the scenario... For instance, in his current, glitched state, Foulberto Smasho literally takes ages to kill, even with grenades maxed out. Instead of sitting there, slowly eating away at his health, and watching as a miniscule amount of his health dies away, you could move on to something else. I'm a college student, studying for a law degree, and I can't focus on the game, as well as studies, at the same time. Auto clickers really help me, because I can put more time into my studies, which can, at times, take up a full day.

Autoclickers can't really be used for cheating in TLOPO. Each weapon in the game requires timed clicks, or even charges, to be used. All the autoclicker is doing is simulating these clicks. If the player doesn't want to spend their time button mashing their left mouse click, or the left control key, that's their choice, because the long term effects could literally leave your finger useless. Personally, even though I have a key, playing for two hours a day, spamming one key, has already started to hurt my finger, and it's becoming quite intolerable.

My point is, you can only accuse someone of cheating when it's giving them a certain advantage. It's not like a god mode script, or something that speeds up your voodoo regeneration, essentially letting you use the most powerful hexes on your doll an unlimited amount of times. Even glitching through walls to get to Darkheart is essentially cheating, instead of just taking the normal route through Beckett's Quarry, and El Sudoron.

Cheating is something that gives someone an advantage. An autoclicker is not advantageous in any way possible, since it's simple enough for anyone to use. It also allows someone to be productive in two places at once.

I see the moral argument here, since a lot of people have worked hard to get where they are, wasting at their time in game, to level everything manually. But, even with a key, there are those who simply won't be able to function in game without the use of these autoclickers, so it's use is justified for them. Either way, I don't agree with not allowing autoclickers. It would certainly render my ability to play the game rather useless.

Honestly, I think auto clicking should be tolerated, depending on the scenario... For instance, in his current, glitched state, Foulberto Smasho literally takes ages to kill, even with grenades maxed out. Instead of sitting there, slowly eating away at his health, and watching as a miniscule amount of his health dies away, you could move on to something else. I'm a college student, studying for a law degree, and I can't focus on the game, as well as studies, at the same time. Auto clickers really help me, because I can put more time into my studies, which can, at times, take up a full day.

Autoclickers can't really be used for cheating in TLOPO. Each weapon in the game requires timed clicks, or even charges, to be used. All the autoclicker is doing is simulating these clicks. If the player doesn't want to spend their time button mashing their left mouse click, or the left control key, that's their choice, because the long term effects could literally leave your finger useless. Personally, even though I have a key, playing for two hours a day, spamming one key, has already started to hurt my finger, and it's becoming quite intolerable.

My point is, you can only accuse someone of cheating when it's giving them a certain advantage. It's not like a god mode script, or something that speeds up your voodoo regeneration, essentially letting you use the most powerful hexes on your doll an unlimited amount of times. Even glitching through walls to get to Darkheart is essentially cheating, instead of just taking the normal route through Beckett's Quarry, and El Sudoron.

Cheating is something that gives someone an advantage. An autoclicker is not advantageous in any way possible, since it's simple enough for anyone to use. It also allows someone to be productive in two places at once.

I see the moral argument here, since a lot of people have worked hard to get where they are, wasting at their time in game, to level everything manually. But, even with a key, there are those who simply won't be able to function in game without the use of these autoclickers, so it's use is justified for them. Either way, I don't agree with not allowing autoclickers. It would certainly render my ability to play the game rather useless.
I would argue that it does give them an advantage until they r fully maxed on character level and timed weapons, because with the use of the auto clicker a player could be at school, work, or while they're asleep and level for lengths of time that nobody could do uninterrupted allowing them to level up faster than everyone not cheating

Yea don't work and receive the benefits lolol I hear it all the time. You reap what you sow. You should have to work for it.

Yea don't work and receive the benefits lolol I hear it all the time. You reap what you sow. You should have to work for it.
I hear that all the time, I'm chasing a law degree for god sake. Lol.
I would argue that it does give them an advantage until they r fully maxed on character level and timed weapons, because with the use of the auto clicker a player could be at school, work, or while they're asleep and level for lengths of time that nobody could do uninterrupted allowing them to level up faster than everyone not cheating
Again, it honestly depends on the situation. What I gave is simply an example, I'm not tech savvy enough to pretend to understand how auto clickers work.

I hear that all the time, I'm chasing a law degree for god sake. Lol.

Again, it honestly depends on the situation. What I gave is simply an example, I'm not tech savvy enough to pretend to understand how auto clickers work.
they just imitate a mouse and send clicks at intervals ranging from 1ms - x Hrs

Let me simply explain how I'm going to be using these autoclickers.

I'm going to be working with someone else to make a guide on where to farm. Now, some of these guides already exist, but we're going to be producing raw data.
Now, our plan is to kill 1000 enemies in every single location. Given the amount of time it takes to kill one enemy in certain locations, it would take an exorbitant amount of time before every single location was covered.

Additionally, we are doing this on alt accounts, to keep our mains untouched, and to not give them an advantage.

We're cheating with accounts we'll never use again for other people's education.

This is a justified situation.

I'm going to be working with someone else to make a guide on where to farm. Now, some of these guides already exist, but we're going to be producing raw data.
Now, our plan is to kill 1000 enemies in every single location. Given the amount of time it takes to kill one enemy in certain locations, it would take an exorbitant amount of time before every single location was covered.

Additionally, we are doing this on alt accounts, to keep our mains untouched, and to not give them an advantage.

We're cheating with accounts we'll never use again for other people's education.

while your at it please use these https://www.dropbox.com/s/6afprr72i3xq76h/Sailing-Records-Markp.xlsx?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nx89o5ctjhsiywk/Land-Looting-Markp.xlsx?dl=0

Good intentions or no, this is still cheating. PERIOD. Breaching the terms you agreed to. PERIOD. Which will result in the account and/or accounts being permanently banned from playing. PERIOD.

Good intentions or no, this is still cheating. PERIOD. Breaching the terms you agreed to. PERIOD. Which will result in the account and/or accounts being permanently banned from playing. PERIOD.
+1 I agree to the no tolerance to those using other software to cheat. Whether you read through the whole ToS, or just skipped and pressed 'accept', you still agree to everything in the ToS by pressing that agree button. It's pretty much a contract.

Cheating is cheating, there is no justifying it. You seem to not understand how little tolerance for cheating a majority of the community has, based on what this type of behavior did to POTCO. I highly doubt a dev is going to give you permission to cheat.

Back